Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 11: January-February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Elspeth. You do seem to always be caught in the middle of the fire like they intentionally find you to drive you crazy.

I was not a member yet, but I do remember reading the posts.

Thankfully, for the most part, they are far and few between now.

I think the Duchess has certainly warmed in her new role very well with much humility and sincerity...in that respect her lady-like behavior wins high points with me.

It seems that no matter what Camilla does she'll never win anyone over will she? It seems like that for Charles too. I'm sure that whatever other sins they've committed, they have to be expiated now, right?

No they are winning people over. Not everyone is stuck in the past. Wow, I cant believe it is almost a year since the engagment. Shes come a long way.

Princejonnhy25 said:
No they are winning people over. Not everyone is stuck in the past. Wow, I cant believe it is almost a year since the engagment. Shes come a long way.

Princejohnnhy25,
You're right, Camilla has come a long way. I for one had to get off of my high horse and give them a fair chance. I have not been disappointed with them yet. Maybe she won't be Diana and I'm okay with that since she isn't Diana. I like her as she is and that is growing as she is growing. I think she will be a good "queen" :)

Princejonnhy25 said:

she won me over! I adored Diana(and I still do) but Camilla is wonderful in her own way and I'm very glad she and charles are married.

I feel the same. Diana was very good in the field of charity but her personal life was a mess. I've never believed her "bad Charles" propaganda but I admired her as a patron of charities. I think that Camilla is good at her role and she will be great queen ( Princess Consort :) )

I remember when there engagment was announced. I woke up turned on the TV to BBC World and it was a big special on it. I didnt believe it and I suprisingly found myself happy and exited for them. I used to say the worst things about them before but that changed when the engagment was announced. I gave them a chance and they have pleased me immensly.

Oh, I remember the day of Cahrles and Camilla's engagement all right. I came home from university and my Mom told me with the tragic face that suggested someone has died, that Prince Charles and Camilla are going to marry. I thought she was joking or that she misunderstood something as she was never great at English. Anyway when I made sure that was true, I couldn't actually figure out my feeling towards it. I loved late Princess Diana very much and it caused me some pain to think another woman is going to take her place. But then I got something; above all I wanted Prince Charles to be happy and he seemed to be happy only with Camilla, so I must definately be overjoyed by the news. And them I always liked Camilla for some reason, she seemed so natural. So I drank champagne and wished them long, happy life together. I did the same thing on their wedding. And I must say since the short time that has passed since their marriage I can't be more happy for them and I can't possibly love Camilla more then I do now.

And it was a good excuse to drink some champagne!

I came down that morning, turned on the TV and bleary-eyed saw that BBC One was broadcasting live news which usually means something bad has happened. I could see Prince Charles and I saw one of their headlines was "Camilla to be known as Princess Consort". I thought the Queen had abdicated at first. Then I thought, "Why would Camilla come into it if she had?".

So, I put on my glasses which are always helpful, and saw that they were finally going to get married. I rang Clarence House and asked them to pass on my good wishes, then I rang my ex and told him to bring a bottle of champagne and then later we had some friends over for a little engagement party. I was pleased for them both and we celebrated for them.

It is really nice to see how Camilla turned out to be a perfect wife for Charles. She is not Diana and she is not young and beautiful, but she is apporachable, humourous and warm. The most important thing is that she can make Charles happy. I love them!
It was very surprised to hear the news of their engagement. I was on tour and I learnt the news from CNN channel in the hotel. No one knows whether Charles and Camilla could get married finally, but they did it. Such a joy!

I really enjoy reading everyones first thoughts after the announcement of the engagement. When I first heard about it on TV news that day I was surprised and relieved that this finally could happen. And it was the initializing act to start my interest in them.

Maybe this topic is worth a thread of its own: "How do you first learned about the upcoming wedding and what were your thoughts about that?"

Elspeth said:
And it was a good excuse to drink some champagne!

Some excuse, yes! :p
But then I am only 19 and don't drink alcohol that often, except for some special occassions, like Birthday, Christmas, New Year, St. Valentine's Day, Charles and Camilla's engagement and wedding...:) :)

Just some headlines regarding Charles and Camilla. The Queen apparently is going to make Camilla a Colonel in Chief.

Charles and Camilla are supposedly setting up home in Scotland.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4594054.stm

I expect the full articles will be online tomorrow but, as yet I have been unable to find the full story, perhaps someone else has!

Thanks for the links, Skydragon. Is the Scottish Daily Express that reliable?

On Charles' secretary selling his diaries to the Daily Mail, I'm glad he's pursuing the matter in court but I think its a little obssessive to ask everyone he's written to in the last 20 years to return his letters. The leak apparently didn't come from a friend but from a disgruntled employee. Charles should be paying more attention to his staff IMHO.

ysbel said:
Thanks for the links, Skydragon. Is the Scottish Daily Express that reliable?

On Charles' secretary selling his diaries to the Daily Mail, I'm glad he's pursuing the matter in court but I think its a little obssessive to ask everyone he's written to in the last 20 years to return his letters. The leak apparently didn't come from a friend but from a disgruntled employee. Charles should be paying more attention to his staff IMHO.

I honestly don't know about the Scottish Daily Express, that's why I put apparently.:D IMO some of the Scottish papers are worse than the English ones for inventing stories to grab a few extra readers.

I think the demand for the return of his letters is a knee jerk reaction, I don't think he 'trusts' easily, be it friends or staff and this must be, to him, a real stab in the back.
As for her dismissal being down to Camilla, there will be some who will believe it because they want to believe the worst of her, but it is more likely that her work wasn't up to scratch and her office conduct, had become too forward with other male civil servants to continue to be tolerated.

Well if she wanted to get back at Charles for sacking her, she must have been disappointed that the diaries caused so little comment. They didn't really hurt him that much, though I can understand him tightening things up to prevent such a thing from happening again.

If she thought her dismissal was unfair, she would have claimed 'unfair dismissal' at the first opportunity.

I hope the Mail is stopped from publishing, permanently, his private journals and has to pay massive amounts to charity, as compensation.:D

To ask for all one's letters back seems odd; after all, a person could copy them before returning IF the content were what was important and what Charles did not want to get out. I mean, as a Royal, you can't isolate yourself from the world and you have to trust someone--even if you are occasionally badly let down.

Will Camilla be hanging onto her house? Perhaps one of her children would want to live there....like her daughter who is marrying soon.

I think her daughter will move into her future husbands house. He is the heir to the family seat and will be a laird when the time comes. I dont know what will happen to Camillas house. It might just be a getaway for all present and former members of the Parker-Bowles clan.

When a Member of the Royal Family dies, all his or her correspondance is sent to Windsor for the archives. Letters that have been sent to people are kept and the Royal Family know that one day they'll be sold - so I doubt they would put anything in that would shock or reveal anything.

Wow I didnt hear anything about him going to Kuwait. Thanks for the pics.

Princejohnny25 said:
Wow I didnt hear anything about him going to Kuwait. Thanks for the pics.

Do you think it's because funerals are arranged a lot quicker, so I don't suppose they had much time to let publish any details and of course the security aspect would have been a factor.:confused:

Funeral arrangements are made years in advance and then tweaked every now and again so when it happens they run like a well-oiled machine.

That is why each member of the RF ALWAYS travels with mourning clothes so if another member dies....when they return to Britain they are appropriately dressed.

Such was the case when QEII was in Africa when her father passed...she got of the plane dressed in black.

Well, yes, but they can't arrange the timing years in advance even if they can arrange other details. Muslim funerals are conducted much sooner after death than ones in the west, so the decision of who to send to this funeral may not have been made until shortly before it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom