The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 03:34 AM

That article doesn't even make sense. There must be more to it - from the story 'Had Sgt Turner's case reached a tribunal, potentially embarrassing secrets about Charles and Camilla's lives may have been aired.' So it's just a standard pay off to someone who knows something embarrassing about a famous person. God knows what he could have revealed about these two, though. <shudder>.

Old 01-09-2006, 06:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by m67345
That article doesn't even make sense. There must be more to it - from the story 'Had Sgt Turner's case reached a tribunal, potentially embarrassing secrets about Charles and Camilla's lives may have been aired.' So it's just a standard pay off to someone who knows something embarrassing about a famous person. God knows what he could have revealed about these two, though. <shudder>.
Either he has learned a lesson or two from Burrel or it really has become the standard way of getting a bigger payoff. I think it is unlikely that he really knew anything about Charles and Camilla, they appear to have been very careful of their behavior around their staff, hence the silence over the last 36 years!
As a protection officer, he would only have been guarding them in public places, not in their private accomodation, he wouldn't have travelled in cars with them or the same area on a plane or train.
I don't believe the man was sacked, so it wouldn't go to a tribunal

Old 01-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Either he has learned a lesson or two from Burrel or it really has become the standard way of getting a bigger payoff. I think it is unlikely that he really knew anything about Charles and Camilla, they appear to have been very careful of their behavior around their staff, hence the silence over the last 36 years...
I totally agree with you on this. Why would they slip up now because Camilla is legally his wife? I don't think so!
Old 01-10-2006, 10:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

No mention of anything Camilla will be doing on this trip.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/vi...aspx?id=318988
Old 01-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
No mention of anything Camilla will be doing on this trip.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/vi...aspx?id=318988
Maybe, this is only a short visit or so of the Prince of Wales for the organisations, not as important or highlight such like the Official Visit to The United States in November last year.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 01-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
Maybe, this is only a short visit or so of the Prince of Wales for the organisations, not as important or highlight such like the Official Visit to The United States in November last year.
Charles seems to do a lot of visits without Camilla. I just like seeing what outfits she is wearing and listening to the exclamations of surprise, at how nice she is, something I have believed for a long time.:)
Old 01-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Im glad that she they are begining to seperate their roles somewhat. I wonder what Camilla will be doing on that day. Though I would have liked her to go with Charles to another part of the UK.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
Im glad that she they are begining to seperate their roles somewhat. I wonder what Camilla will be doing on that day. Though I would have liked her to go with Charles to another part of the UK.
while its always great to see them together, her doing solo engagements is also a great indicator of her growing self-confidence.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:48 AM
Royal Highness

It has been almost a year since the engagement was announced....and look how far she has come into her role...just wonderful.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Lord, I remember that day. I was up nearly all night trying to put out fires on this board. And we were in the middle of long-distance house hunting at the time too. The stuff of screaming nightmares!
Old 01-11-2006, 02:03 AM
Royal Highness

Poor Elspeth. You do seem to always be caught in the middle of the fire like they intentionally find you to drive you crazy.

I was not a member yet, but I do remember reading the posts.

Thankfully, for the most part, they are far and few between now.

I think the Duchess has certainly warmed in her new role very well with much humility and sincerity...in that respect her lady-like behavior wins high points with me.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:04 AM
Aristocracy

It seems that no matter what Camilla does she'll never win anyone over will she? It seems like that for Charles too. I'm sure that whatever other sins they've committed, they have to be expiated now, right?
Old 01-11-2006, 07:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

No they are winning people over. Not everyone is stuck in the past. Wow, I cant believe it is almost a year since the engagment. Shes come a long way.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Quote:
No they are winning people over. Not everyone is stuck in the past. Wow, I cant believe it is almost a year since the engagment. Shes come a long way.
Princejohnnhy25,
You're right, Camilla has come a long way. I for one had to get off of my high horse and give them a fair chance. I have not been disappointed with them yet. Maybe she won't be Diana and I'm okay with that since she isn't Diana. I like her as she is and that is growing as she is growing. I think she will be a good "queen" :)
Old 01-11-2006, 09:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
she won me over! I adored Diana(and I still do) but Camilla is wonderful in her own way and I'm very glad she and charles are married.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:56 AM
Aristocracy

I feel the same. Diana was very good in the field of charity but her personal life was a mess. I've never believed her "bad Charles" propaganda but I admired her as a patron of charities. I think that Camilla is good at her role and she will be great queen ( Princess Consort :-) )
Old 01-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I remember when there engagment was announced. I woke up turned on the TV to BBC World and it was a big special on it. I didnt believe it and I suprisingly found myself happy and exited for them. I used to say the worst things about them before but that changed when the engagment was announced. I gave them a chance and they have pleased me immensly.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, I remember the day of Cahrles and Camilla's engagement all right. I came home from university and my Mom told me with the tragic face that suggested someone has died, that Prince Charles and Camilla are going to marry. I thought she was joking or that she misunderstood something as she was never great at English. Anyway when I made sure that was true, I couldn't actually figure out my feeling towards it. I loved late Princess Diana very much and it caused me some pain to think another woman is going to take her place. But then I got something; above all I wanted Prince Charles to be happy and he seemed to be happy only with Camilla, so I must definately be overjoyed by the news. And them I always liked Camilla for some reason, she seemed so natural. So I drank champagne and wished them long, happy life together. I did the same thing on their wedding. And I must say since the short time that has passed since their marriage I can't be more happy for them and I can't possibly love Camilla more then I do now.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

And it was a good excuse to drink some champagne!
Old 01-11-2006, 07:25 PM

I came down that morning, turned on the TV and bleary-eyed saw that BBC One was broadcasting live news which usually means something bad has happened. I could see Prince Charles and I saw one of their headlines was "Camilla to be known as Princess Consort". I thought the Queen had abdicated at first. Then I thought, "Why would Camilla come into it if she had?".

So, I put on my glasses which are always helpful, and saw that they were finally going to get married. I rang Clarence House and asked them to pass on my good wishes, then I rang my ex and told him to bring a bottle of champagne and then later we had some friends over for a little engagement party. I was pleased for them both and we celebrated for them.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales