The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 04:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

It seems the rumours about Charles name have been quashed

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...charles25.html

Just one more about the wonderful Duchess of Cornwall.:)
http://icscotland.icnetwork.co.uk/ne...name_page.html

Old 12-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulette
I am not really very pleased with the idea of "ending" the British Royal Family's traditional Christmas Service in the Queen's Norfolk Estate.
It was changed to Sandringham in 1988 I believe, before that it was Windsor, so they would have been changing it back.

They were not saying they are going to cancel it altogether were they?

Old 12-25-2005, 07:32 PM

Camilla has surprised me!

This is my first post here. I just had to jump in and say that I have been pleasantly suprised by Camilla. Everytime I have seen a photo of her or any footage of her she looks lovely. She seems like the perfect match for Charles. I really liked her hat for the Christmas Church Service too! As a big Diana fan I think I might be turning the corner (finally).
Old 12-25-2005, 09:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Welcome, Leelot!
Old 12-26-2005, 01:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
It seems the rumours about Charles name have been quashed: http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...charles25.html
There is an error in this story. It states "The monarch chooses his or her name at the time of coronation". Which means that for about a year the Monarch is nameless? Obvioulsy not. The Monarch's name is announced at the Accession Council, held as soon as possible after the death of the previous Sovereign.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelot
This is my first post here. I just had to jump in and say that I have been pleasantly suprised by Camilla. Everytime I have seen a photo of her or any footage of her she looks lovely. She seems like the perfect match for Charles. I really liked her hat for the Christmas Church Service too! As a big Diana fan I think I might be turning the corner (finally).
Another wecome to the Forums Leelot.
I have never thought that admiration for both Diana and Camilla was mutually exclusive; people can appreciate the positive qualities in both women. As time passes and we become more familiar with Camilla and get to "know" her a bit more I think we will see more of this.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
There is an error in this story. It states "The monarch chooses his or her name at the time of coronation". Which means that for about a year the Monarch is nameless?.
You are better at spoof headlines, so how about some suggestions?
Old 12-26-2005, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
You are better at spoof headlines, so how about some suggestions?
"God save our nameless King..."
Old 12-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
"God save our nameless King..."
So simple but, brilliant
Old 12-27-2005, 11:19 AM

Thank you for your welcomes Elspeth and Warren. I am already enjoying my time here! I hope to be able to usefully contribute to forum discussions.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:12 AM

Charles and Camilla stayed long after the Royal Family left to meet the crowds. Camilla seemed very much at home - very relaxed and pleased to be meeting people.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Hi BeatrixFan!

Glad to see you're back.

I saw the news where Charles put down the rumours that he'll take another name as King. He seems to be breaking the Windsor silence when rumours come about.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:50 PM

Thanks Ysbel. Yes, I think that Charles has realised that the stony silence from the Palace doesn't help matters at all. It looks as if they have something to hide. At least we now know we'll have King Charles III - I wouldn't have liked him as George VII.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
At least we now know we'll have King Charles III - I wouldn't have liked him as George VII.
Actually the message that was put out indicated that no decison either way has been made.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

From the portuguese magazine CARAS from this week. It talks about Charles being interrogated in Scotland Yard.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc4
Actually the message that was put out indicated that no decison either way has been made.
its such nonsense. really! i'm sure its not true.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
From the portuguese magazine CARAS from this week. It talks about Charles being interrogated in Scotland Yard.
I think that should read he was questioned by Scotland Yard.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc
I prefers to George VII too. It is nice for Charles to use George VII to memorise his grandparents. Charles loves his grandparents deeply and always to want to have an enduring marriage like theirs. The names of King George VII and Queen Camilla or Queen Rosemary are welcomed. A new beginning for both of them.
Imo Charles may go with George VII to get away from the marital scandals attached to his own name, and past behavior.

Camilla really needs a new hairdo. But her features are rather hard or 'equine' as one Canadian newspaper put it so nothing much can be done there I guess.

If 'the intention' was to have Camilla take the title of "Princess Consort" then in good faith that is what it should be. I for one will never acknowledge any former mistress as a Queen Consort, and I am sure many others won't accept her as such either or she would have felt comfortable taking the title POW in the first place. I certainly do not consider her Princess Of Wales. If the title Duchess Of Cornwall is what she chose to be known by then that is what she is. Nothing more. The Queen certainly seems to be treating her as less than a Princess in some instances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
I think Charles was rather more questioned in the comfort of his own home for under an hour than actually interrogated-in a police interrogation I tend to picture the image of a suspect being put under hot lights and grilled grilled grilled.

This is all nonsense. The late Princess Of Wale's death was a horrific accident. That is all. As much as I dislike his disrespectful treatment of Diana during their marriage I don't believe he had anything in the least to do with her death. And judging just from photographs at their son's school at Eton-they both seemed friends, or friendly again at the end.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:53 PM

Scandals? Oh really. Everyone knows what went on. It happened as Charles - being George won't change it and I'm sure HRH knows that.

And for the 10,00000000000th time - CAMILLA IS PRINCESS OF WALES AND DUCHESS OF CORNWALL.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales