Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 9: December 1-16, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elspeth said:
I know this is slightly off topic, but when Diana married, she was the third lady in the land because the Queen Mother ranked as second.
yeah, but diana was ''before anne'' and camilla is later princess alexandra.

Here u pictures from Getty,polly:-the same dress she wore to the Dinner at the White House and same snake necklace as well with the same purse too:
pollyemma said:
yay! I can't wait to see what Camilla will wear.

Attachments

• 56368072.jpg
    56368072.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 117
  • 56368589.jpg
    56368589.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 114
Last edited by a moderator:
HMQueenElizabethII said:
Here u go first picture from Getty:-the same dress she wore to the Dinner at the White House:
thanks so much. a lovely dress indeed. i wonder if she wore the same necklace with it?

corazon said:

Not in the official precedence, she isn't. In the official precedence, she's the second lady in the land after the Queen.

Elspeth said:
..... a matter of people not wanting to have to say a specific prayer for a woman who, in the eyes of the church, is in an adulterous repationship because her first husband is still alive.
Does the church take no account of the fact that the original spouse has remarried? It's not as if Camilla could go back to her marriage with Andrew.

una said:
Does the church take no account of the fact that the original spouse has remarried? .

No, none at all. :eek:

Elspeth said:
Not in the official precedence, she isn't. In the official precedence, she's the second lady in the land after the Queen.
yes. I know but palace said (I think was later charles and camilla's wedding? that the famale list is
the queen
princess anne
princess alexandra
duchess camilla
countess sophie
you remenber when this happend? I cant remenber.

Warren said:
It is not that often we get glimpses as to who is in the Wales inner circle, so I thought this was interesting (the inclusion of Princess Alexandra in the House Party may surprise some, but apparently she and Camilla are very close):

"The Prince of Wales and the Duchess had a party of close friends staying with them at Sandringham ... including ex-King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece, Princess Alexandra, the Duke of Westminster and his sister Leonora, Countess of Lichfield, and Sir Nicholas and Lady Soames."

from this link, originally posted by Incas (thanks!)
http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/News/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=ed ponline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED04%20Dec%202005% 2018%3A02%3A50%3A713

That's interesting Warren. Not to bring up Diana unnecessarily but the Duchess of Westminster is William's godmother and at the time of his christening they claimed she was a good friend of Diana. She was incredibly young when she married the Duke.

corazon said:

In the Queen's Order of Precedence, Diana ranked after the Queen, the Queen Mother, Princess Anne and Princess Margaret. She ranked as the third lady in the land in the Official Order of Precedence (which is the one that really counts), just like Camilla does (with the death of the Queen Mother, she is second).

Princejonnhy25 said:
Privatly, the Queen gave blood princess top status and married royals the lower status. Blood is thicker than water. That is how I interpretted it.

Correct. And this is the way it has always been done. Princesses of the Blood Royal (over the age of 18) always rank above Princesses by Marriage in the Royal Order of Precedence. It's just such formalities are not that important because they don't observe rank and style within the family.

For example, Peter Philips doesn't bow to Camilla or Sophie as Royal Highnesses. In Queen Mary's era, a Serene Highness would have to bow/curtsey to a Royal Highness in private.

Wikipedia isn't an authoritative source. As branchg said, there's the Official Order of Precedence, where female royals by marriage take the precedence of their husbands, and the Queen's order of precedence, which is a family thing, where the princesses by birth have precedence over the princesses by marriage.

Is that the frock Camilla wore to the White House last month?

yeah, is the same.

btsnyder said:
Is that the frock Camilla wore to the White House last month?

yep she wores it same twice outfits

Elspeth said:
Wikipedia isn't an authoritative source. As branchg said, there's the Official Order of Precedence, where female royals by marriage take the precedence of their husbands, and the Queen's order of precedence, which is a family thing, where the princesses by birth have precedence over the princesses by marriage.

Wikipedia is awful. I can't tell you how many mistakes I've had to correct. they're especially flawed in the area of royalty.

sara1981 said:
yep she wores it same twice outfits

Is it definately the same outfit? (We got very little coverage in the UK of the trip to USA). A couple of the papers said it is a silk skirt with a beaded cashmire jacket.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall attended Music in Country Churches at Banqueting House yesterday Thursday 8th December:
Pictures from Abaca Press:

Attachments

• 437989.jpg
    437989.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 437991.jpg
    437991.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 163
  • PrinceDuchescountrymusic8thDec.jpg
    PrinceDuchescountrymusic8thDec.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 159
Camilla's film premiere outfit

Skydragon,

Yes, sara1981 is definitely correct - the outfit Camilla wore at the premiere of the Chronicles of Narnia at the Royal Albert Hall on Wednesday night was the same she wore at the dinner at the White House at the start of November.

It's by her favourite designer, Robinson Valentine. {ed}

Regards,

Joanne :)

waywellian said:
the outfit Camilla wore at the premiere of the Chronicles of Narnia at the Royal Albert Hall on Wednesday night was the same she wore at the dinner at the White House at the start of November.
Thank you all very much. It is a really nice outfit and they are all wonderfull photo's.:)

Camilla looks very pretty!
Were HRH Prince Charles and The Duchess guests of honour or something at the premierre of the Narnia movie? Is it usual for the Royals to attend premierres or events like that?

Avalon said:
Camilla looks very pretty!
Were HRH Prince Charles and The Duchess guests of honour or something at the premierre of the Narnia movie? Is it usual for the Royals to attend premierres or events like that?

They were certainly the star turn but, I don't know if they were guests of honour as such but, they don't sit in the stalls:D
Most film makers are honoured if any of the senior royals accept their invitation to a premier, as when they do attend, it gets the film more publicity. I think it tends to be a once/twice yearly event.

Skydragon said:
They were certainly the star turn but, I don't know if they were guests of honour as such but, they don't sit in the stalls:D
The news reports described Charles and Camilla as "guests of honour". Generally film premieres attended by members of the Royal Family in an official capacity will be charity events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom