The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Duchess of Cornwall has been mentioned in Hello magazines for having a good style. It is the get some inspiration from the starts thread in fashion and models under the velvet section. She is wearing the lovely purple velvet dress. I like the whole articel. Nicole Ritche has gotten really skinny and doesnt look good anymore. I love the velvet, indigo/dark blue and lace gowns.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/fashion...agina_5_1.html

Old 12-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Nobility

Official Christmas card photos for Camilla.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...illachristmas/

Old 12-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Why do Charmilla have so little planned to do. When you look at the Pricess Royal and the others royals they have a packed schedule. The royal couple only have two things left to do before the end of the year. I was thinking of some charities and orginizations for Camilla to join. I would love to see her as a goodwill ambassador or somekind of UN ambassador. It would increase her international reputation and use her position for a really good cause. As for charities, I want her to make it official and become patron or president of a self harming orginization. She has donated before but I want her to be more invovled. It is still Taboo and Camilla can use her status to break the Taboo and help others understand the same way Diana did with aids. I know she is nervous but she has the greatest oppurtunity to help others and I hope she gets over her nerves and does take more high profile positions. I know most of the world know her as "the other women" but as they say in showbiz "no publicity is bad publicity."
Old 12-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
Why do Charmilla have so little planned to do. When you look at the Pricess Royal and the others royals they have a packed schedule. The royal couple only have two things left to do before the end of the year. I was thinking of some charities and orginizations for Camilla to join. I would love to see her as a goodwill ambassador or somekind of UN ambassador. It would increase her international reputation and use her position for a really good cause. As for charities, I want her to make it official and become patron or president of a self harming orginization. She has donated before but I want her to be more invovled. It is still Taboo and Camilla can use her status to break the Taboo and help others understand the same way Diana did with aids. I know she is nervous but she has the greatest oppurtunity to help others and I hope she gets over her nerves and does take more high profile positions. I know most of the world know her as "the other women" but as they say in showbiz "no publicity is bad publicity."
Not all of Charles and Camilla's official functions are announced a long time in advance eg the exact dates and events of the US trip were only announced a week or 2 before they went to the US. Also some official events are surprise events such as the recent visit to the markets in London. That wasn't on their calendar.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you Charlotte. Suprise visits must be hard and shocking. Im glad they do suprise visits though. Does anybody know how much events charles did in 04 compared to other royals. I know the Princess Royal is considered the most valubale royal after the queen.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Thank you Charlotte. Suprise visits must be hard and shocking. Im glad they do suprise visits though. Does anybody know how much events charles did in 04 compared to other royals. I know the Princess Royal is considered the most valubale royal after the queen.
The exact amount is on his official site, I think it's over 400 official events ( the Princes of Wales site also lists how much money he raised through his involvement in various charities and the amount of letters he wrote to various institutions and people) But the work he does with the Prince's Trust is not counted as official events. Princess Anne now always comes out with the most ( it used to be Prince Philip, but he's slowed down a bit as he's in his '80s!) Anne performed 600 or so official events.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
It's possible Charles III could propose the House of Mountbatten-Windsor to the Government, but I tend to think it will remain the House of Windsor. Mountbatten means even less than Windsor does in terms of a royal house name. At least Windsor is a place.
I will be more glad that Charles becomes George VII. I had a feeling that history repeats itself. Victoria-- Edward VII-- George V -- Edward VIII -- George VI-- Elizabeth II -- George VII (Charles III) -- William V and ? William may be the last King of England. Charles is likely to change the House of Windsor into the House of Mountbatten-Winsor. Lord Mountbatten meant a lot to Prince Charles. He will do that to memorise him.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

It may not be Charles's decision. I'm not sure the government will go along with a change like that; it sets a precedent that the house name will change when an heiress marries, and these days we could end up looking at the House of Bloggs or something, since marriage to a commoner is the most likely scenario.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Courtier

I sold Charles short on how many official engagements he performed last year. Here's the exact amount from the "Annual review"

"• undertook 501 official engagements, including 103 abroad;
• received or entertained 7,400 guests at royal residences;
• attended 191 formal briefings and meetings;
• received over 47,000 letters from the public; and
• wrote over 2,300 letters personally, with a further 18,000 written on his behalf by his Office."

The Review covers the period from April (2004) to the following March.(2005)
Old 12-03-2005, 12:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

He is a very busy man. I didnt know he was that busy. Not much emphasis is put on how much he does.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:31 AM
Courtier

Thanks Charlotte for these statisitics. These show how busy he is. Certainly Prince Charles works very hard as Prince of Wales. He always puts his duty first. He keeps his promise to serve the country as much as he can. Prince Charles will be a good King and a great asset to the country. Long live Charles and Camilla!
Old 12-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Heir Apparent

i would agree with Charlotte1

Prince Charles still busy to do since his first marriage to Princess Diana in 1981-1996 for 15 years they later Camilla go with him for month to learn about it and but he would be good King but i dont think Camilla would become Queen,love_cc but i dont think would be long live as Charles and Camilla! who told you about it! but Camilla cant become Queen because more remind of late Diana,Princess of Wales very much and many people wanted to low-profiles about famous Princess Diana of Wales.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Prince Charles still busy to do since his first marriage to Princess Diana in 1981-1996 for 15 years they later Camilla go with him for month to learn about it and but he would be good King but i dont think Camilla would become Queen,love_cc but i dont think would be long live as Charles and Camilla! who told you about it! but Camilla cant become Queen because more remind of late Diana,Princess of Wales very much and many people wanted to low-profiles about famous Princess Diana of Wales.
She most certainly can. It'll take an act of Parliament to stop it.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think Ill just leave it too you Elspeth to say the rational response and avoid an argument. There bound to get it sooner or later.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

I wonder what Charles and Camilla do in their 'free' time, do they sit and read books, watch films on their private screen. Does Camilla still have her horses, do they shop on-line. Does anyone have any info?
Old 12-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well this seems to be what they are doing for the New Year.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm...name_page.html

As it is todays issue, I can't find a fuller article as yet!
Old 12-04-2005, 01:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

A real shame in my opinion. I know the Queen wants to play it safe and slow but this is too slow, backwards and unchristian. Christianity is about forgivness and moving on. She should be in the prayers by tradition and right. I dont think we will ever see the Duchess in the prayers now only when she is Queen. I guess she is included in the when the say the royal family in general in the prayers but still, its not right.

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...04/npray04.xml

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...903176,00.html
Old 12-04-2005, 01:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

An article on the Duchess and Osteoporosis. It has a mistake though in it. The Duchess father is still alive right? I knew he was very week at the wedding but I thought he was still alive.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/conte...A40%3A12%3A340
Old 12-04-2005, 07:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
An article on the Duchess and Osteoporosis. It has a mistake though in it. The Duchess father is still alive right? I knew he was very week at the wedding but I thought he was still alive.
Yes, very much alive:) ] It was her mother and grand-mother she lost to Osteoporosis.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
A real shame in my opinion. I know the Queen wants to play it safe and slow but this is too slow, backwards and unchristian. Christianity is about forgivness and moving on. She should be in the prayers by tradition and right. I dont think we will ever see the Duchess in the prayers now only when she is Queen. I guess she is included in the when the say the royal family in general in the prayers but still, its not right.

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...04/npray04.xml

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...903176,00.html
I think it will be altered, in time and long before she becomes Queen.
I'm afraid it is the unchristian christians who keep up their objections to Camilla anyway, IMO.:( A great many practising christians are more than happy for Charles and Camilla.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales