The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
I not understand.
I had the same reaction prince johnny did.

i cant believe you finally think something (anything!) C and C do is acceptable!

Old 12-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
A name changes shows weakness and the ability not to deal and move on. I love the name Windsor, it is so Majestic and British. Mountbatten comes from a german name. The Windsors have its up and downs and it shouldnt be changed just because it had some downs. I agree that is was the right thing to do to change the name from Prince Alberts to Windsor. It made the family seem less german and much more british. I like the pic for Christmas. Very nice and royal. Perfect pic for the first year.
Why do you think it shows weakness and lacking in the ability to move on? A lot of women change their name when they marry but, in the UK a lot don't. Then you have the ones that just fancy a change.
If he did change the name it would be eccentrically British.:)

Old 12-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think changing thier last name to escape from the past and start new shows weakness and not being able to deal with the past. There is more to the windsors than the scandols. They should keep it and let it grow and add to its history. Not run away and change when things go wrong.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
If he did change the name it would be excentrically British.:)
Why may i ask would it be eccentrically British? I have never thought of my country as eccentric. Usually Britain is thought of as rigidly traditional and has a strong fear over any changes. I would be horrified if the house name changed to Mountbatten, Windsor is a far more historic name, fits in with the name of Windsor castle very nicely and in my opinion is far more "royal" than Mountbatten. And if i must be honest i think Windsor sounds much nicer.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:04 PM

Amy - I don't agree. Mountbatten sounds far more regal than Windsor and the Windsor Castle coincidence appears tacky and cheap. I prefer Mountbatten. But I'd prefer Saxe-Coburg-Gotha-Schweslig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg!
Old 12-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy
Why may i ask would it be eccentrically British? I have never thought of my country as eccentric. Usually Britain is thought of as rigidly traditional and has a strong fear over any changes. .
Amy, we British are renowned for being eccentrics
Old 12-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Amy - I don't agree. Mountbatten sounds far more regal than Windsor and the Windsor Castle coincidence appears tacky and cheap. I prefer Mountbatten. But I'd prefer Saxe-Coburg-Gotha-Schweslig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg!
Now that's a mouthful! I do hear your opinion but i still feel the Windsor name should stay.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Amy, we British are renowned for being excentrics
We are? Sorry when you posted your message i thought you were an "outsider" posting your observation :o Perhaps i am very un-British and just had a dull, tradition-duty-and total dislike of change filled upbringing.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

From what I see you are a bit eccentric. Not crazy, weird, showy eccentric but a calm low key eccentric.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:15 PM

I'm not eccentric. At least I don't think I am. But we're well known as a nation as being either eccentrics or old brigadiers in bowler hats who shout 'Old Chap' as a form of tourettes.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy
We are? Sorry when you posted your message i thought you were an "outsider" posting your observation :o Perhaps i am very un-British and just had a dull, tradition-duty-and total dislike of change filled upbringing.
I had a very traditional, stiff upper lip, duty filled upbringing but I am still an eccentric. Our housekeeper is twice as bad!:)
Old 12-01-2005, 05:20 PM

We had a housekeeper who used to mutter 'dust dust dust' under her breath as she did everything. Now there was an eccentric!
Old 12-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I'm not eccentric. At least I don't think I am. But we're well known as a nation as being either eccentrics or old brigadiers in bowler hats who shout 'Old Chap' as a form of tourettes.
I don't shout 'old chap'.:) I've just been told that I do tend to say 'old bean'
Old 12-01-2005, 05:24 PM

lol. Nor do I. But I do call everyone 'darling', 'dear', 'ducky', 'sweetie' or 'luvvie'. I can't be bothered to learn names. I'm dreading Christmas.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
I had the same reaction prince johnny did.

i cant believe you finally think something (anything!) C and C do is acceptable!
is a tradition, with diana was the same. I think exactly the same about charles and camilla. Nonthing can change my feeling about them, is my personal opinion later 8 years of investigation.
I know about the christmas card when see the wedding's photo, was very clear in that moment that that will be the christmas card.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Administrator

They probably chose this pic as the Christmas card because it presents the whole "blended" family celebrating a very significant event in their lives. It shows the world they are a unit, and Charles is showing off his "darling wife", and making a statement at the same time. Sometimes it pays off to make a stand, and declare something (or someone!) "non-negotiable."
Old 12-01-2005, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh Cam all ye faithful
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005550812,00.html

Charles plays the newly wed card this Christmas
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ixnewstop.html
Old 12-02-2005, 06:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I know about the christmas card when see the wedding's photo, was very clear in that moment that that will be the christmas card.
Apparently, it was The Queen and Philip who sent the 1981 photo's as christmas cards.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Apparently, it was The Queen and Philip who sent the 1981 photo's as christmas cards.
the queen and phillip christmas card '81 was a photo from charles and diana wedding (in the photo was charles, diana, the queen and phillip in photo official in buckingham) and charles and diana christmas card '81 was a official photo of the wedingg, I have both card, i can posted here if you want.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
the queen and phillips christmas card '81 was a photo from charles and diana wedding (in the photo was charles, diana, the queen and phillips in photo official) and charles and diana christmas card '81 was a ocficcial photo of the weding, I have both card, i can posted here if you want.
That's ok, I believe you and this is a Charles and Camilla thread.:)

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales