Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 9: December 1-16, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeatrixFan said:
Not at all. It was as if George V was obliterating the history of the Empire. A House Name change now wouldn't be so bad. It's not been that long since the last. But it was as if the Royal Family were denying their roots and I didn't like that. It was pandering to the public and there was an air of "we better do as we're told" about it. Besides which, everyone knows what the real house name is anyway. I thought it was a terrible thing to do and George V (who I'm not a fan of) shouldn't have even considered it. I hope Charles will do the opposite and end the disaster that is the House of Windsor.

A name change would be nice, reverting back to their roots!:)

A name changes shows weakness and the ability not to deal and move on. I love the name Windsor, it is so Majestic and British. Mountbatten comes from a german name. The Windsors have its up and downs and it shouldnt be changed just because it had some downs. I agree that is was the right thing to do to change the name from Prince Alberts to Windsor. It made the family seem less german and much more british. I like the pic for Christmas. Very nice and royal. Perfect pic for the first year.

It's possible Charles III could propose the House of Mountbatten-Windsor to the Government, but I tend to think it will remain the House of Windsor. Mountbatten means even less than Windsor does in terms of a royal house name. At least Windsor is a place.

Princejonnhy25 said:
A name changes shows weakness and the ability not to deal and move on. I love the name Windsor, it is so Majestic and British. Mountbatten comes from a german name. The Windsors have its up and downs and it shouldnt be changed just because it had some downs. I agree that is was the right thing to do to change the name from Prince Alberts to Windsor. It made the family seem less german and much more british. I like the pic for Christmas. Very nice and royal. Perfect pic for the first year.

Well, the family is mostly German anyway, whether you call them Battenbergs, Witten, Coburg, Hanover, etc;, they make up the majority of the royal bloodline since 1714.

the christmas' card this year will ba one from the wedding not a new photo.
is good, with diana was the same (a weding photo) is very nice, was the most important event of year, will be a nice christmas card, all the royal counple the first christmas have a wedding's photo in the card.

Last edited:
OMG, is corazon beging to warm to the new royal couple. Scandle, Scandle, Scandle.:D :D Sorry had to do it. :)

I not understand.

You said something nice about Chaz and Milla. You complimented them. I was only joking that you are beging to like them. Just a joke.

is the true, all the royal couples in the first christmas have a weddings photo in the christmas's card.

corazon said:
is the true, all the royal couples in the first christmas have a weddings photo in the christmas's card.

and a lovely tradition it is...

corazon said:
I not understand.

I had the same reaction prince johnny did.

i cant believe you finally think something (anything!) C and C do is acceptable!

Princejonnhy25 said:

Why do you think it shows weakness and lacking in the ability to move on? A lot of women change their name when they marry but, in the UK a lot don't. Then you have the ones that just fancy a change.
If he did change the name it would be eccentrically British.:)

Last edited:
I think changing thier last name to escape from the past and start new shows weakness and not being able to deal with the past. There is more to the windsors than the scandols. They should keep it and let it grow and add to its history. Not run away and change when things go wrong.

Skydragon said:
If he did change the name it would be excentrically British.:)

Why may i ask would it be eccentrically British? I have never thought of my country as eccentric. Usually Britain is thought of as rigidly traditional and has a strong fear over any changes. I would be horrified if the house name changed to Mountbatten, Windsor is a far more historic name, fits in with the name of Windsor castle very nicely and in my opinion is far more "royal" than Mountbatten. And if i must be honest i think Windsor sounds much nicer.

Amy - I don't agree. Mountbatten sounds far more regal than Windsor and the Windsor Castle coincidence appears tacky and cheap. I prefer Mountbatten. But I'd prefer Saxe-Coburg-Gotha-Schweslig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg!

Amy said:
Why may i ask would it be eccentrically British? I have never thought of my country as eccentric. Usually Britain is thought of as rigidly traditional and has a strong fear over any changes. .

Amy, we British are renowned for being eccentrics:D

Last edited:
BeatrixFan said:
Amy - I don't agree. Mountbatten sounds far more regal than Windsor and the Windsor Castle coincidence appears tacky and cheap. I prefer Mountbatten. But I'd prefer Saxe-Coburg-Gotha-Schweslig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg!

Now that's a mouthful! I do hear your opinion but i still feel the Windsor name should stay.

Skydragon said:
Amy, we British are renowned for being excentrics:D

We are? Sorry when you posted your message i thought you were an "outsider" posting your observation :eek: Perhaps i am very un-British and just had a dull, tradition-duty-and total dislike of change filled upbringing.

From what I see you are a bit eccentric. Not crazy, weird, showy eccentric but a calm low key eccentric.

I'm not eccentric. At least I don't think I am. But we're well known as a nation as being either eccentrics or old brigadiers in bowler hats who shout 'Old Chap' as a form of tourettes.

Amy said:
We are? Sorry when you posted your message i thought you were an "outsider" posting your observation :eek: Perhaps i am very un-British and just had a dull, tradition-duty-and total dislike of change filled upbringing.

I had a very traditional, stiff upper lip, duty filled upbringing but I am still an eccentric. Our housekeeper is twice as bad!:) :D

We had a housekeeper who used to mutter 'dust dust dust' under her breath as she did everything. Now there was an eccentric!

BeatrixFan said:
I'm not eccentric. At least I don't think I am. But we're well known as a nation as being either eccentrics or old brigadiers in bowler hats who shout 'Old Chap' as a form of tourettes.

I don't shout 'old chap'.:) I've just been told that I do tend to say 'old bean'

Last edited:
lol. Nor do I. But I do call everyone 'darling', 'dear', 'ducky', 'sweetie' or 'luvvie'. I can't be bothered to learn names. I'm dreading Christmas.

pollyemma said:
I had the same reaction prince johnny did.

i cant believe you finally think something (anything!) C and C do is acceptable!

is a tradition, with diana was the same. I think exactly the same about charles and camilla. Nonthing can change my feeling about them, is my personal opinion later 8 years of investigation.
I know about the christmas card when see the wedding's photo, was very clear in that moment that that will be the christmas card.

They probably chose this pic as the Christmas card because it presents the whole "blended" family celebrating a very significant event in their lives. It shows the world they are a unit, and Charles is showing off his "darling wife", and making a statement at the same time. Sometimes it pays off to make a stand, and declare something (or someone!) "non-negotiable."

corazon said:
I know about the christmas card when see the wedding's photo, was very clear in that moment that that will be the christmas card.

Apparently, it was The Queen and Philip who sent the 1981 photo's as christmas cards.

Skydragon said:
Apparently, it was The Queen and Philip who sent the 1981 photo's as christmas cards.

the queen and phillip christmas card '81 was a photo from charles and diana wedding (in the photo was charles, diana, the queen and phillip in photo official in buckingham) and charles and diana christmas card '81 was a official photo of the wedingg, I have both card, i can posted here if you want.

Last edited:
corazon said:
the queen and phillips christmas card '81 was a photo from charles and diana wedding (in the photo was charles, diana, the queen and phillips in photo official) and charles and diana christmas card '81 was a ocficcial photo of the weding, I have both card, i can posted here if you want.

That's ok, I believe you and this is a Charles and Camilla thread.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom