Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 8: November-December 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corazon said:
a girl in the royaltis posted this:
It is reported Charles and Camilla want to rid the Royal Family of Edward ,Sophie and Pr. Andrew once the Queen has gone.
Is true?
[ed]
It is obvious that in coming years the royal family will decrease in size and with younger members coming of age some of the older ones like Princess Alexandra will retire from public life. Bear in mind that Alexandra is 70 years old shortly & her brother has turned 70.
I think it likely that once Beatrice comes of age next year we will see her accompanying her father to official dinners & such like if he does not remarry. Edward & Sophie will continue their duties until they wish to retire but I think that Louise & any other children they may have will not fulfil any royal duties. I sincerly hope that a special remainder is made for the Duke of Edinburgh title so that, if Edward & Sophie do not have a son, Louise can inherit the title and pass it on to her children.

Last edited by a moderator:
corazon said:
a girl in the royaltis posted this:
It is reported Charles and Camilla want to rid the Royal Family of Edward ,Sophie and Pr. Andrew once the Queen has gone.Is true?
I have just checked the message board where this was originally posted.
In fact it is a statement made by a visitor to the message board written in the "comments" column in response to a story on Sophie Wessex.
The comment about "Charles and Camilla" is followed by "William will [be] the next King with the help of God."

I would ask that members give some thought to what they post here and do not quote or rehash unsubstantiated third-party gossip and speculation as either fact or as "It was reported on another board..."

There is enough rubbish on the Internet and these Forums are best without it.

Warren
Royal Forums SuperModerator

Princejonnhy25 said:
Andrew and Edward are but do we really need the Dukes, Duchess, Prince and Princess of Kent and Glouctershire. The royal family is huge. Titles pass down through the generations too much.

I do think we need the Dukes, Duchess's etc. I think it is something unique and should remain for the UK:)

The future intent is to downsize the royal family, which has been discussed by the Queen, Prince Philip and their children. Most likely, when Charles becomes King, he will issue new letters patent restricting the use of Prince/Princess with the rank of HRH to the children of the Sovereign and the eldest child of the heir to the throne.

The current Royal Highnesses would retain their rank and styles until death. The royal dukedoms of Gloucester and Kent will continue to pass down to the eldest son without the rank of HRH. Prince and Princess Michael's children as well as Princess Alexandra's do not hold royal titles.

I hope he doesn't. I like having a large Royal Family. It wouldn't be right to start chopping away at it to please the dolts.

I posted the source and i ask i don't say THIS IS TRUE, I ask for a thing I read about a article.

Last edited by a moderator:
corazon said:
I posted the source and i ask i don't say THIS IS TRUE, I ask for a thing I read about a article.
Yes Corazon. My point is that we don't want malicious gossip and speculation from other message boards to be picked up and then posted in these Forums.
And it wasn't an article you read or posted. It was a line from a vistor to that message board who made an accusation about Charles and Camilla in a comment box for an article on the Countess of Wessex. You then chose to repeat this accusation in the form of a question on this Board.

Please read my post under more carefully.

Warren
British Forums Moderator

the girl said that was charles and camilla plan, but I never read nothing about this and I not was sure if was true o not and I think that may here yes read about the charles's plan for the future and can said that the comment was true o not, i never read nothing about this.

corazon said:
the girl said that was charles and camilla plan.
Corazon, now you understand "the girl" did not know what she was talking about.
Which is precisely why we do not want this sort of gossip, speculation and mis-information rehashed from other message board to these Forums.
If you read something posted on another message board and want an answer, ask your question there.

More pictures of Prince Charles and his wife Camilla visited the busy south London market at lunch time on Friday.

Source : Gettyimages

Attachments

• 56273066.jpg
    56273066.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 56273067.jpg
    56273067.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 56273072.jpg
    56273072.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 56273075.jpg
    56273075.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 56273127.jpg
    56273127.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 56273129.jpg
    56273129.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 56273133.jpg
    56273133.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 138
Has anyone else noticed that Charles and Camilla always seem to be sampling local food and beverages often in their photos? I don't remember Diana doing that.

I think it was Taboo and inappropiate for a Royal to eat in public even in when Diana was alive. I think it is a sign of respect when they taste their food. It shows the royals care.

It isn't so much taboo - the Queen never eats in public because the press immediately snap her with a glass of wine or whatever and put silly captions to it. As we've seen, its hard to look elegant and eat at the same time.

dakodas said:
Has anyone else noticed that Charles and Camilla always seem to be sampling local food and beverages often in their photos? .

Good food production and Organic foodstuffs are a subject close to Charles's heart, it would be rude to visit a food market and then refuse to have a taste.:)

Skydragon said:
Good food production and Organic foodstuffs are a subject close to Charles's heart, it would be rude to visit a food market and then refuse to have a taste.:)
True, but they booze it up too. In pictures I mean.

dakodas said:

Ahh, isn't it all organic?:)

dakodas said:

I just checked the article and it is 'largly organic'. I wonder if Organic Beer is more or less alcoholic??:D

Why are we discussing Beatrice, Eugenie and Louise's titles in a thread about Charles and Camilla? The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall keep up a busy pace to have their news thread hijacked by proper styles and titles.

Genevieve said:
Why are we discussing Beatrice, Eugenie and Louise's titles in a thread about Charles and Camilla?
Not any more. :)

I have a question. Is Charles allowed to Open Parliment on behave of the Queen. I know he used to attend the openinds with Diana. Why did he stop. What other royals went and why did they stop. My main reason for asking is that Canadas goverment has finally collapsed. I know Charles wants to visit Canada soon. Do you think Charles might be able to open Parliment with Camilla at his side. If not, It will be the new GG's first opening and I cant wait to see her. I like her a lot.

No, only the sovereign opens Parliament as everything is said and done in government in the sovereign's name, and not the crown prince or princess.

No one but the Sovereign (or the Governor-General in Canada) can open Parliament. Charles and Diana joined the Queen for the procession and sat on the dias (on thrones lower than the Queen's or Prince Philip's) once or twice, but that's it.

If Charles was Prince Regent, then he could formally assume the Sovereign's state duties.

Thank you for informing branchg and Lady M. Why doesnt Charles and the other royals attend anymore. Did the queen mother ever attend. Did she wear her crown when she did.

She attended the opening of Parliament with her husband. I think she wore the circlet from her crown, not the whole thing.

Princess Alexandra and Princess Margaret always used to go together in their finery and the Duchess of Gloucester went a few times but other members of the RF don't seem to attend these days.

Prince Charles and Camilla award medals to soldiers

from abacapress

Attachments

• 81.jpeg
    81.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 82.jpeg
    82.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 83.jpeg
    83.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 84.jpeg
    84.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 85.jpeg
    85.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 86.jpeg
    86.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 87.jpeg
    87.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Is that just a fur collar or a fur coat? It's so cold you can see the mist where HRH breathes out - LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom