Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 8: November-December 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think its an overstatement. She looks brilliant in that outfit. But you're right - it depends on the dress underneath. But the outfit with the coat is gorgeous.

I have seen some up close photos and it really is amazing as it looks. wow! bravo, Camilla!

Princejonnhy25 said:
Thats something new for the duchess.

It isn't a new dress, she wore it before at the Royal Opera House in November 2004. But I agree with BeatrixFan and pollyemma, it looks great on her.

More images from getty

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 271
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 232
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 243
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 207
She does look wonderful. I can see why the botox claims have come about and fair play to her if she's had it done. Maybe she's just ageing beautifully.

This, to me, is the best gala gown Camilla has worn. That color is spectacular.

Yes it does look very nice. Is the jacket part of the dress. It still looks very nice but I would also like to see it without the dress. I didnt follow the duchess prior to her engagment that much so I dont know if it is new. I love the color.

Overdoing it?

I think it's a bit overdoing about Camilla. She looks allright for her age but she isn't a "photomodel". I like her very much and I'm glad for her and CP Charles sake. But by overdoing the Crown Pronce consort we don't change history.

She has done it again! Great dress!

Can you elaborate more Karisma. She is not trying to be a supermodel that is obvious. She is just trying to look nice and like a royal.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Can you elaborate more Karisma. She is not trying to be a supermodel that is obvious. She is just trying to look nice and like a royal.

That's my point! I think she seem to be nice, very nice too. And she have a natural behavior and, as far I can see, she is realy acting Royal in a natural way. It's easy like that. But when we are bragging about all the fine dresses I find it greatly exaggerated and perhaps it recoil back to something else.

Personally I do admire Camillas behavior and her kindly, nice look.

I was just admiring her frock - not claiming she was the second coming.

I love the dress. Wish we could see more of it. Are there any pics of Camilla with the coat off?

Plus the amethyst and diamond necklace I don't recall seeing before.

More photos from Getty images

Attachments

• 56265242.jpg
    56265242.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 159
  • 56265244.jpg
    56265244.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 209
  • 56265338.jpg
    56265338.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 219
  • 56265430.jpg
    56265430.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 184
  • 56265431.jpg
    56265431.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 181
  • 56265532.jpg
    56265532.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 188
  • 56267578.jpg
    56267578.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 198
Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely photos, her entire outfit is stunning and they all appear to have had a jolly good time!

I recognise Stephen Fry and Eric Clapton.
Any others?

Jools Holland appears to be present too.

Warren said:
I recognise Stephen Fry and Eric Clapton.
Any others?

They looked like they were having a good laugh with Charles. I wonder what the joke was?

I wish Camilla would ditch the clutchbags. They appear to get in her way - she should go for a more robust handbag like the Queen sports.

Good Grief! She will never hear the end of it from all sorts of critics. Can't you just imagine the headlines claiming Camilla imitates the Queen or Camilla pratices to be the next Queen.:eek:

LOL. Very possible. Lady Bracknell shrieks of 'A Handbag!' would fill the streets of London.

It would be nice if the royals ditched the handbags altogether. I mean, what do they have to carry??? :confused: ;) :D

When the Queen's handbag came open at an event at Westminster Abbey, her glasses, powder compact, lipstick, handkerchief and mints flew out across the shiny floor. All the bishops etc scrambled to get the make-up items when the Dean of Windsor picked up her glasses and handed them to her. "See - Bishops do have some uses" HM declared.

I imagine that thats what the other royal ladies carry too - so they do need them. And it gives them something to do with their hands I suppose.

BeatrixFan said:
When the Queen's handbag came open at an event at Westminster Abbey, her glasses, powder compact, lipstick, handkerchief and mints flew out across the shiny floor. All the bishops etc scrambled to get the make-up items when the Dean of Windsor picked up her glasses and handed them to her. "See - Bishops do have some uses" HM declared.

LOL BeatrixFan! :D I love the image of all these bishops in their mitres crawling the floor for lipstick and a powder compact.

I find purses a nuisance and put stuff in my pockets if I can instead. Surely HM has a lady in waiting.

Well she does, but the Ladies-in-Waiting are on flower duty. They hold all the posies etc and they are gradually passed down the line to police officers and footmen and then the Queen sends them to a local hospice or hospital. I think it would be strange for a 79 year old lady to ask a Lady in Waiting for her lipstick but they do dress her so...

BeatrixFan said:
I think it would be strange for a 79 year old lady to ask a Lady in Waiting for her lipstick but they do dress her so...

You have a point BeatrixFan. I say bring back the lady's maids!

Well a Lady-in-Waiting is a Royal version of a Ladies Maid. A few titled ladies still have them - the Duchess's of Devonshire and Countess Spencer for definate.

ysbel said:
LOL BeatrixFan! :D I love the image of all these bishops in their mitres crawling the floor for lipstick and a powder compact.

I find purses a nuisance and put stuff in my pockets if I can instead. Surely HM has a lady in waiting.

I can't quite see the royals walking along with their pockets stuffed with anything, it would ruin the line of their outfits.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom