The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Is the Duchy Charles' or is it the governments? If it belongs to Charles, its ludicrous to say he has a conflict of interest in running his own estate. He doesn't have political power so he's not going to push legislation to favor his Duchy of Cornwall estates.

Unless I'm missing something this is much ado about nothing.

Old 11-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Is the Duchy Charles' or is it the governments? If it belongs to Charles, its ludicrous to say he has a conflict of interest in running his own estate. He doesn't have political power so he's not going to push legislation to favor his Duchy of Cornwall estates.

Unless I'm missing something this is much ado about nothing.
Well, Charles is the Duke of Cornwall and it is his Duchy which is meant to provide him with an income. If it wasn't profitable he would be accused of incompetance; because it is successfully and efficiently managed, he is accused of ... just what exactly?

Reminds me of the attempted "furore" when the Duchy disclosed in its annual accounts that Charles financially supported Camilla to an extent before they were married. You and I are free to spend our own money in whatever way we like, but some Labour politicians would prefer that Charles submit his proposed private expenditures to them for approval!

Old 11-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Well, Charles is the Duke of Cornwall and it is his Duchy which is meant to provide him with an income. If it wasn't profitable he would be accused of incompetance; because it is successfully and efficiently managed, he is accused of ... just what exactly?

Reminds me of the attempted "furore" when the Duchy disclosed in its annual accounts that Charles financially supported Camilla to an extent before they were married. You and I are free to spend our own money in whatever way we like, but some Labour politicians would prefer that Charles submit his proposed private expenditures to them for approval!
exactly! this is driven by anti-monarchists who are always looking for something to kick up a fuss about. charles cant do anything right for them.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren

A lot of it is probably the governments need to make up the monetary deficit, due to their mismanagement. If they can fully tax the royals, they could increase their salaries, again, after all someones got to pay for their pension funds!!:)
Old 11-23-2005, 11:01 AM

They will always try and find something to get Charles. I agree with Skydragon. The Duchy is doing good business because Charles is an extremely intelligent man - if he can make a Duchy shine then he can make a Kingdom shine too!
Old 11-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think there is a gala tonight that the Duchess and Prince will be attending. Does anybody have more info on the gala and what charity it is for. Im looking forward to see what the duchess shall wear.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Thats to celebrate the work of the Prince's Trust and will take place at the Banquet House, Whitehall, in London i think so, jonnhy.:)
And heres the first few pictures from Getty, The Duchess wearing a purple one with the necklace and the earings in the same colour, i guess so.:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
I think there is a gala tonight that the Duchess and Prince will be attending. Does anybody have more info on the gala and what charity it is for. Im looking forward to see what the duchess shall wear.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56264484.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	216329   Click image for larger version

Name:	56264541.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	216385   Click image for larger version

Name:	56264542.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	216386   Click image for larger version

Name:	56264543.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	216387  

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 11-23-2005, 04:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thats something new for the duchess. Her hair looks white and old though and her skin a bit pale. Hard to see the full dress though. Hopefully we will get more pics soon. I cant see it that good but her necklace also looks like a tiara.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:28 PM

WOW! Now that is a fabulous outfit. Very Very glam. I think she looks absolutely divine. She's becoming a real fashion goddess.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
WOW! Now that is a fabulous outfit. Very Very glam. I think she looks absolutely divine. She's becoming a real fashion goddess.
A bit of an overstatment considering you can hardly see the dress. I like Camilla a lot too but there is no need to over do it. Lets wait a little bit longer and see more pics without the coat to decide.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:46 PM

I don't think its an overstatement. She looks brilliant in that outfit. But you're right - it depends on the dress underneath. But the outfit with the coat is gorgeous.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have seen some up close photos and it really is amazing as it looks. wow! bravo, Camilla!
Old 11-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
Thats something new for the duchess.
It isn't a new dress, she wore it before at the Royal Opera House in November 2004. But I agree with BeatrixFan and pollyemma, it looks great on her.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

More images from getty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	21.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	216449   Click image for larger version

Name:	22.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	216450   Click image for larger version

Name:	23.jpg
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	216451   Click image for larger version

Name:	24.jpg
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	216452  

Old 11-23-2005, 06:58 PM

She does look wonderful. I can see why the botox claims have come about and fair play to her if she's had it done. Maybe she's just ageing beautifully.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:58 PM
Nobility

This, to me, is the best gala gown Camilla has worn. That color is spectacular.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes it does look very nice. Is the jacket part of the dress. It still looks very nice but I would also like to see it without the dress. I didnt follow the duchess prior to her engagment that much so I dont know if it is new. I love the color.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Nobility

Overdoing it?

I think it's a bit overdoing about Camilla. She looks allright for her age but she isn't a "photomodel". I like her very much and I'm glad for her and CP Charles sake. But by overdoing the Crown Pronce consort we don't change history.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:34 PM
Serene Highness

She has done it again! Great dress!
Old 11-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can you elaborate more Karisma. She is not trying to be a supermodel that is obvious. She is just trying to look nice and like a royal.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales