The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 10-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,897
Charles and Camilla Current Events 4: Oct - Nov 2005

Welcome to Part 4 of the Charles and Camilla Current Events thread. This thread is for reports of news and up-to-date photos and for discussion of the news items. Please keep this thread on topic and use other threads for in-depth discussions of items other than current news. Don't make me have to start splitting and merging threads; it's a severe pain in the fundament.

The old thread is here:

Charles & Camilla Current Events 3: 4-16 October 2005
__________________

__________________
  #2  
Old 10-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: newyork, United States
Posts: 479
tour

Has there been any date set for their visit to the U.S.?
__________________

__________________
  #3  
Old 10-15-2005, 09:11 PM
HMQueenElizabethII's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ryde, Australia
Posts: 3,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by seto
Has there been any date set for their visit to the U.S.?
It just said that in the early of November, i think maybe on 2nd of November as they will have Lunch and Dinner with President Bush on 2nd November at White House too.
__________________
"God save our Gracious Queen,
Long live our Noble Queen,
God save The Queen"
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
  #4  
Old 10-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Princejohnny25's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: , Antarctica
Posts: 2,033
It looks like their are other motives in the upcoming state visit. The Labour party is full of republicans yet they sure no how to use the royal family to their advantage.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...827896,00.html
__________________
  #5  
Old 10-18-2005, 08:01 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: , Canada
Posts: 1,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
It looks like their are other motives in the upcoming state visit. The Labour party is full of republicans yet they sure no how to use the royal family to their advantage.
Machiavelli should be proud!:)
__________________
  #6  
Old 10-18-2005, 09:58 AM
tiaraprin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Near NY City, United States
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
Machiavelli should be proud!:)
That was too funny but yet true!!!!:p
__________________
  #7  
Old 10-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: newyork, United States
Posts: 479
interview

I just read that charles won't discuss diana in the interview next month.
__________________
  #8  
Old 10-20-2005, 04:43 PM
tiaraprin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Near NY City, United States
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by seto
I just read that charles won't discuss diana in the interview next month.
That is not a surprise.
__________________
  #9  
Old 10-20-2005, 05:08 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by seto
I just read that charles won't discuss diana in the interview next month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
That is not a surprise.
I don't believe it but if its true, he's smart. Everybody has already made up their mind about Charles and Diana. There is nothing he can say to change anyone's opinion. In that case, its best to keep his mouth shut about it and move on with his life in the present.
__________________
  #10  
Old 10-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,266
Ysbel...I totally agree. In regards to Diana...Charles will never win (not that this is a contest). As much I miss Diana....he has moved on with his life and we need to accept it. Talking about Diana will bring on comparisons with Camilla and that's not a fair contest.
__________________
  #11  
Old 10-20-2005, 06:24 PM
Princejohnny25's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: , Antarctica
Posts: 2,033
I dont completely believe it right now because there seems to be a lot of confusion on the interview. First, I read from a royal leak that the interview had already been taped and a number of things were discussed including Diana. He has no reason really to talk about Diana. Maybe about her charity work or something.
__________________
  #12  
Old 10-21-2005, 07:54 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: , Canada
Posts: 1,692
When is the interview going to be aired?
__________________
  #13  
Old 10-21-2005, 10:08 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Minneapolis, United States
Posts: 21
I can't wait for them to come here. It will be great to see them, and I think that our press won't be hostile to them as some of the English press has been. We should see some terrific footage and pictures. A lot of people here loved Diana, but it was easier for us to move on, because we didn't have the relentless tabloid press here fanning the flames. I like Charles and Camilla together, and I wish them joy and happiness. They seem genuinely happy to be with each other.
__________________
  #14  
Old 10-21-2005, 10:56 AM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mippy O
A lot of people here loved Diana, but it was easier for us to move on, because we didn't have the relentless tabloid press here fanning the flames.
Well it was a lot easier for us to move on because it's not our Royal Family. American's interest in royalty is more of a novelty factor. Because we don't have a royal family ourselves - we don't have any skin in the game - we can afford to forgive and forget.
__________________
  #15  
Old 10-21-2005, 08:44 PM
wymanda's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Well it was a lot easier for us to move on because it's not our Royal Family. American's interest in royalty is more of a novelty factor. Because we don't have a royal family ourselves - we don't have any skin in the game - we can afford to forgive and forget.
ysbel,
I'm glad to here a voice of reason from "your side of the pond". Some of our American members really get their smalls in a knot over any positive press or comments about Camilla! :o As a British born Australian I take great pride in our Royal family but I can accept that they are all human. Diana had a great following here also but we accept the present. When Prince Charles came here earlier in the year, just after the engagement was announced, he was given several "Bucks Parties" and many good wishes. We accept that everyone makes mistakes and we don't expect perfection from anyone.
__________________
Everything I write here is my opinion and I mean no offence by it.
  #16  
Old 10-21-2005, 09:29 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,266
Ysbel...as someone from the other side of the pond who loved Diana..recognizing that you are entitled to your opinion..also not trying to hijack a Camilla thread with another discussion of Diana...here are my two cents and please bear in mind that I speak for me...no one else.

I am ambivalent about Camilla..at one time couldn't stand her...and based upon what I have heard about her...maybe if the circusmtances were different...could possibly like her. I recognize that she and Charles love each other and have a right to be happy finally. I also acknowledge that Diana wasn't perfect and could be manipulative, and cheated on her husband as well. So what bothers me about the situation? Its like the attempt by some to white wash Diana out of history. Like she was simply a means to the end (i.e. producing the children). That she was crazy and she brought about all of problems ALL BY HERSELF. Say what you want..and again..we don't know all the facts but its becoming clear that she was chosen because it was assumed she would be a quiet little mouse. And I find that quite disguisting. Please note, however, I don't assign all the blame to Camilla (it takes two to cheat). It was so obvious that he loved her when they first dated..but didn't know if she could pass the test. Hey! Stand up for yourself. If you love someone you fight for it. She also didn't know if she wanted to be Queen. Hey same thing back at you! FIGHT FOR IT! I respect his later stand that Camilla's role in his life was "non-negotiable" I just wished he had taken that stance years ago.
__________________
  #17  
Old 10-22-2005, 09:50 AM
Princejohnny25's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: , Antarctica
Posts: 2,033
The Past is in the Past and the most people would be disgusted with the inside workings of the Royal Family. But, hopefully things are changing with the times. Prince Charles comes next week so I guess in two weeks it might air.
__________________
  #18  
Old 10-22-2005, 09:51 AM
tiaraprin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Near NY City, United States
Posts: 1,839
Right On!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
Ysbel...as someone from the other side of the pond who loved Diana..recognizing that you are entitled to your opinion..also not trying to hijack a Camilla thread with another discussion of Diana...here are my two cents and please bear in mind that I speak for me...no one else.

I am ambivalent about Camilla..at one time couldn't stand her...and based upon what I have heard about her...maybe if the circusmtances were different...could possibly like her. I recognize that she and Charles love each other and have a right to be happy finally. I also acknowledge that Diana wasn't perfect and could be manipulative, and cheated on her husband as well. So what bothers me about the situation? Its like the attempt by some to white wash Diana out of history. Like she was simply a means to the end (i.e. producing the children). That she was crazy and she brought about all of problems ALL BY HERSELF. Say what you want..and again..we don't know all the facts but its becoming clear that she was chosen because it was assumed she would be a quiet little mouse. And I find that quite disguisting. Please note, however, I don't assign all the blame to Camilla (it takes two to cheat). It was so obvious that he loved her when they first dated..but didn't know if she could pass the test. Hey! Stand up for yourself. If you love someone you fight for it. She also didn't know if she wanted to be Queen. Hey same thing back at you! FIGHT FOR IT! I respect his later stand that Camilla's role in his life was "non-negotiable" I just wished he had taken that stance years ago.
VERY WELL SAID!
__________________
  #19  
Old 10-22-2005, 10:11 AM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
Re:

Why does every single topic have to return to 'I like Diana/I hate Camilla' - if you don't like Charles and Camilla then why post in their forum? Those of us who don't like Diana don't post in the Diana forum and endlessly take all enjoyment out of every thread do we?

I'd like to look at Charles and Camilla Current Events Part 4 and see what Their Royal Highness's have been upto, what Camilla's been wearing, what Charles has been doing and how well Camilla is doing - what is becoming really tiresome is the monotonous, "Camilla is Evil" - "Charles is a Monster" - etc.etc.

I failed to see the Letters Patent that appointed a group of individuals to fight Diana Spencer's battles but if someone can show it to me, I'll gladly shut-up!

HELP!
__________________
  #20  
Old 10-22-2005, 11:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,897
Thank you for the reminder, Beatrixfan. Can we please get this thread back on topic?

Elspeth

British Royals moderator
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Charles and Camilla current events 10: March-April 2006 Elspeth Current Events Archive 217 04-17-2006 01:06 AM
Charles and Camilla current events 8: Jan-Feb 2006 Warren Current Events Archive 201 02-08-2006 05:05 PM
Charles & Camilla Current Events 3: 4-16 October 2005 Warren Current Events Archive 185 10-15-2005 08:11 PM
Charles and Camilla: Current events 2: Sept - Oct 2005 Elspeth Current Events Archive 199 10-04-2005 04:45 AM
Charles and Camilla: Current events 1: Aug - Sept 2005 Elspeth Current Events Archive 194 09-12-2005 12:46 AM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:51 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]