Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 7: October-November 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pollyemma said:
he also said in an interview he's giving up polo because he'd like to spend more time with his wife....

that is discusting! :mad: He wouldn't spend time with the mother of his children! I don't care if he is "grown up" now, that comment makes me angry!

He wouldn't spend time with the mother of his children!

He didn't like Diana very much - they were chalk and cheese and why would he want to spend time with her just because two kids had trundled off of the production line? He likes Camilla and they get on well - so spending time with her is a joy for him not a burden or a chore.

BeatrixFan said:
He didn't like Diana very much - they were chalk and cheese and why would he want to spend time with her just because two kids had trundled off of the production line? He likes Camilla and they get on well - so spending time with her is a joy for him not a burden or a chore.

I said mother of his children, because I didn't want it sound like I thought he should spend time with Diana... He could have spent some time with Diana and tried to fix their problems. He never even tried! I think it is important that children see their parents work out problems, not run away from them.

Well, polo sounded as though it was a way for him to work out his frustrations, much as Diana would spend several hours on the phone to friends. It sounded as though the more time they spent together, the worse things got. Since he's pushing 60, it's about time he thought about giving up a sport as strenuous as polo. And it sounds as though Camilla has been instrumental in that decision if it's true that she said she wouldn't go to his polo games any more or whatever it is she's supposed to have said.

Harry's polo shirt said:
that is discusting! :mad: He wouldn't spend time with the mother of his children! I don't care if he is "grown up" now, that comment makes me angry!

I totally agree with you but Don't worry, we know charles never loved diana.

Last edited:
I trust this thread isn't about to be derailed into another discussion of Charles and Diana's marital problems.

Elspeth said:
And it sounds as though Camilla has been instrumental in that decision if it's true that she said she wouldn't go to his polo games any more or whatever it is she's supposed to have said.

she didnt want to go to his polo games? that is awesome! go Camilla!

Camilla's about to turn on some Christmas Lights in Oxford St I believe. She looks very very glamorous!

I wish I liked in the UK (sigh) please post photos as soon as they're available.

The Duchess of Cornwall Camilla Parker-Bowles visiting Burlington Arcade, Piccadilly, where she switched on the Christmas lights in London 17 November 2005. The ceremony was in aid of The National Osteoporosis Society, of which The Duchess is President

From getty

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 166
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 161
  • 71.jpg
    71.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 174
  • 72.jpg
    72.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
fanletizia said:
The Duchess of Cornwall Camilla Parker-Bowles visiting Burlington Arcade, Piccadilly, where she switched on the Christmas lights in London 17 November 2005. The ceremony was in aid of The National Osteoporosis Society, of which The Duchess is President

From getty

oh she does look elegant! I love this outfit! velvet is perfect for royal ladies in colder temperatures.

Yes I was reading in the BBC Article. She is turning on the lights at the Posh shopping place. I dont remember exactly what it is called but the beatles watch gaurd there and your not allowed to run or linger and you must be quite. Its is one of those intresting places that you only find in london. Here is another article about Prince Charles quitting polo. It is right for him to retire, to much stress on him. Hes a newlywed, of course he is going to want to spend as much time with Camilla as possible. They love and enjoy each other.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4445424.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/4444664.stm

I love how london has public ceremonys to turn on christmas lights. It adds to the festive and holiday feel. We only have tree lightings in the states. I wish they would do the whole city like in london.

Elspeth said:
Well, polo sounded as though it was a way for him to work out his frustrations, much as Diana would spend several hours on the phone to friends. It sounded as though the more time they spent together, the worse things got. Since he's pushing 60, it's about time he thought about giving up a sport as strenuous as polo. And it sounds as though Camilla has been instrumental in that decision if it's true that she said she wouldn't go to his polo games any more or whatever it is she's supposed to have said.

Good for Camilla! It's blooming boring stood about for ages watching however many chukas. He was knocked out a while ago and I should think that Camilla, being a rider, is well aware of the injuries he could sustain. Just look at what happened to Christopher Reeve.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Yes I was reading in the BBC Article. She is turning on the lights at the Posh shopping place. I dont remember exactly what it is called but the beatles watch gaurd there and your not allowed to run or linger and you must be quite. Its is one of those intresting places that you only find in london. Here is another article about Prince Charles quitting polo. It is right for him to retire, to much stress on him. Hes a newlywed, of course he is going to want to spend as much time with Camilla as possible. They love and enjoy each other.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4445424.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/4444664.stm

thanks for the articles. really enjoyable to read!

Well - I live here and I loathe getting minor celebs to turn on tacky lights so I'm suprised that a member of the RF has done it this year. She looked absolutely wonderful!

Princejonnhy25 said:
Hes a newlywed, of course he is going to want to spend as much time with Camilla as possible. They love and enjoy each other.

It's so romantic, they really seem to enjoy one another's company and that is so important in a successful marriage. I'm so glad Charles has, at last found such happiness.:)

Does anybody have pics or article of Chuck and Milla at the Diplomatic Dinner last night. I LOVE the duchess dress. The black and white mix looked wonderfull. I only saw one pic though so I might change my mind. I saw her new tiara. Anyone got any new info on that.

Does anybody have pics or article of Chuck and Milla

PrinceJohnny25, would you mind substituting 'Chuck' for 'Charlie' - I can't stand the name Chuck! But I adore Milla as a pet name for HRH.

BeatrixFan said:
PrinceJohnny25, would you mind substituting 'Chuck' for 'Charlie' - I can't stand the name Chuck! But I adore Milla as a pet name for HRH.

yeah, Chuck is too american. doesnt suit him at all. Charlie is much nicer.

Well, as long as we're talking about names, is there anything wrong with calling him Charles?

I am an american and I like the name Chuck. Charlie has a bad connotation with me. Everytime I hear that name I think of Charlie from Coronation Street and I cant stand him. Chuck and Milla sounds funner to me. Charles is so boring to me.

CAMILLA PARKER BOWLES, Duchess of Cornwall arrives at the Burlington Arcade to switch on the Christmas Lights
Cumbria, England - 17.11.05,

From WENN Photo Library Click on preview to enlarge the photo.

Elspeth said:
Well, as long as we're talking about names, is there anything wrong with calling him Charles?

oh yeah, i guess we could call him that too:eek:

Mandy said:
CAMILLA PARKER BOWLES, Duchess of Cornwall arrives at the Burlington Arcade to switch on the Christmas Lights
Cumbria, England - 17.11.05,

From WENN Photo Library Click on preview to enlarge the photo.

It really annoys me to find that some articles are unable to call her by her name. She is Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and as if to make it worse, they have moved London to Cumbria!:D

Skydragon said:
It really annoys me to find that some articles are unable to call her by her name. She is Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and as if to make it worse, they have moved London to Cumbria!:D

that is PRETTY bad!

Princejonnhy25 said:
I am an american and I like the name Chuck. Charlie has a bad connotation with me. Everytime I hear that name I think of Charlie from Coronation Street and I cant stand him.

Don't watch Coronation street then.:D

Skydragon said:
Don't watch Coronation street then.:D

No Darlin', we only get the best in the U.S., Eastenders!!! And it rules and does not reign. ;)

Last edited:
Princejonnhy25 said:
I love how london has public ceremonys to turn on christmas lights. It adds to the festive and holiday feel. We only have tree lightings in the states. I wish they would do the whole city like in london.
''

You poor thing. I know you live outside of Detroit as do many of my relatives and there is nothing to do in that city...just poverty and crime.

In Chicago, we have the Magnificent Mile Lights Festival Parade this Saturday to light up Michigan Avenue..on WGN...We also have the Thanksgiving Day Parade, the Christmas German Bazzar, and the lighting of the city tree a week from Friday. So we do up the whole city at one time for the holidays..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom