The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Royal Highness

Hi ysbel...we will be looking forward to any pictures you might get of them if you are able too and then hopefully can post. :) LUCKY!!

Old 10-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Aristocracy

For those of you in the States:

MSNBC.com
Prince Charles gives rare TV interview
The heir to the British throne will appear on ‘60 Minutes’

Reuters
Updated: 7:27 p.m. ET Oct. 25, 2005

LOS ANGELES - Britain’s Prince Charles has given a rare interview that will be broadcast on the eve of his first joint official tour with his new wife, Camilla.

CBS television’s “60 Minutes” correspondent Steve Kroft interviewed the heir to the British throne last month in the English village of Poundbury — the prince’s pioneer project in social and ecological harmony.

Details of the interview were not immediately available. It will be aired on Oct. 30.

Charles and Camilla, who married in April after a 35-year affair, will visit New York, Washington and San Francisco in November.

The official tour is seen as the first test abroad of the popularity of the newlyweds. Charles’ first wife, Princess Diana, was extremely popular in the United States before her death in a 1997 car crash.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9819186/

Old 10-27-2005, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent

and also news,janos614

Prince's plea over climate change
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4380658.stm
Old 10-27-2005, 10:40 AM
Courtier

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1589499.html?menu=

Prince fears over bird flu threat

Prince Charles has expressed sympathy for UK poultry producers facing the threat of bird flu describing the situation as "very, very worrying".

The issue of climate change and global warming should also be given greater priority than it has received, he said.

The heir to the throne, speaking in an interview with BBC News 24, expressed his views on a range of farming issues from growing tomatoes as a small boy to the importance of family farms.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Courtier

Prince of Wales talks to local schoolchildren taking part in anti-racism activities at Burnley F.C. in Lancashire - Photo: © AFP

http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagene...charlespic.jpg
Old 10-28-2005, 02:41 AM
Heir Apparent

i found out on 60 minutes of CBS about Prince Charles will be aires on Sunday October 30th at 6/7 please REMIND!

Prince Charles On Being Relevant
http://www.royalarchive.com/index.ph...=1503&Itemid=2

Prince Charles On Being Relevant
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in985743.shtml

Sara Boyce
Old 10-28-2005, 05:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

In full: Prince Charles interview

Prince Charles gave the interview from his Gloucestershire farm

The Prince of Wales has given an exclusive interview to BBC environment correspondent Sarah Mukherjee on the future of farming and the environment.
Here is a transcript of the interview:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4382264.stm
Old 10-28-2005, 06:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
Sunday night on 60 Minutes is the big night we Americans on here have been waiting for!! The first American interview with Prince Charles in so many years.
I will be watching every facial expression and evaluating every word he says.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

He is used to that, everyone has been doing that since the day he was born (he could not say words immediately of course:p )

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
Old 10-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

is the entire enterview about farming! how boring....

Thanks for the transcript susan.

Old 10-28-2005, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles & Prince Wiliam Visit Merton College
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...%7c0&p=3&tag=1
Old 10-28-2005, 05:07 PM

Re:

Quote:
So will plenty of others but I don't think he'll give two figs one way or the other.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amira
The Prince Of Wales And The Duchess Of Cornwall Continue Royal Duties
Thanks lots for the pictures Amira, Good to see The Duchess of Cornwall has been got used to Royal duties and doing alone by herself though it's inside Clarence House, im so looking forward to see how will she in America, its interesting as her first oversea visit as the wife of the heir to the throne.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 10-29-2005, 02:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
Even if Charles sobbed his heart out on international television about Diana Tiaraprin & her ilk would say he didn't care!!
Old 10-29-2005, 03:05 AM
Courtier

Goodness, I'd hate to come across you in a dark alley tiaraprin (jk) Not that I'm ever in dark alleys of course

"MII"
Old 10-29-2005, 03:10 AM
Administrator

Moving on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
Even if Charles sobbed his heart out on international television about Diana [some] would say he didn't care!!
There are those who will always seek out "evidence" to support their own viewpoints, prejudices and particular take on things. I guess public figures are well aware of this, and just trust that those who don't hold emotional vested interests will actually listen to what they have to say in a more open-minded manner.

For example, Charles may say during the interview that he was shocked at Diana's death. Some people will respond with "Liar!", "Hypocrite!", "Adulterer!" and others will go "how sad." Take your pick. The other question about this is that if some choose not to believe a word he says, why bother watching in the first place? What's the point?

This endless fretting and feigned outrage every step of the way, from engagement, wedding, tiara-wearing etc etc, all wrapped up in the moralistic and doom-laden prediction that any or all spell the demise of the House of Windsor, is not only tedious, but with the increasing acceptance of Camilla (with bells on this week!), becomes masochistic. Like it or not, time to move on, I say. Looking back, or looking forward: it's a choice.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
There are those who will always seek out "evidence" to support their own viewpoints, prejudices and particular take on things. I guess public figures are well aware of this, and just trust that those who don't hold emotional vested interests will actually listen to what they have to say in a more open-minded manner.

For example, Charles may say during the interview that he was shocked at Diana's death. Some people will respond with "Liar!", "Hypocrite!", "Adulterer!" and others will go "how sad." Take your pick. The other question about this is that if some choose not to believe a word he says, why bother watching in the first place? What's the point?

This endless fretting and feigned outrage every step of the way, from engagement, wedding, tiara-wearing etc etc, all wrapped up in the moralistic and doom-laden prediction that any or all spell the demise of the House of Windsor, is not only tedious, but with the increasing acceptance of Camilla (with bells on this week!), becomes masochistic. Like it or not, time to move on, I say. Looking back, or looking forward: it's a choice.
Warren,

Thats what I meant.lol.

"MII"
Old 10-29-2005, 03:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
She had bells on?
Old 10-29-2005, 03:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
She had bells on?
The sentence was too long in any case but I wanted to make an allusion to the significance of the Queen allowing Camilla to wear the Delhi Durbar tiara. I thought "with bell's on" summed it up nicely. Next time I will use an asterisk, and at the bottom of the post include a "deciphering code" footnote. :)
Old 10-29-2005, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

#1-2:Britain's Prince Charles tries his hand at hedgelaying, during the National Hedgelaying Championships at the Prince's Home Farm, at Tetbury, England, Saturday Oct. 29 2005.The Prince was scheduled to present the prizes to the competition winners.(AP Photo/David McHugh, pool)
#3: Britain's Prince Charles breaks into laughter while he talks to graduates from The Prince's Trust personal development course during a visit to Merton College in London Friday Oct. 28, 2005. (AP Photo/Adrian Dennis/Pool)

Prince Charles & Prince Wiliam Visit Merton College
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...%7c0&p=3&tag=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ap.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	207382   Click image for larger version

Name:	ap1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	207383   Click image for larger version