Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 7: October-November 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ysbel...we will be looking forward to any pictures you might get of them if you are able too and then hopefully can post. :) LUCKY!!

For those of you in the States:

msnbc_ban.gif
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MSNBC.com[/font]
Prince Charles gives rare TV interview
The heir to the British throne will appear on ‘60 Minutes’

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Reuters[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Updated: 7:27 p.m. ET Oct. 25, 2005[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LOS ANGELES - Britain’s Prince Charles has given a rare interview that will be broadcast on the eve of his first joint official tour with his new wife, Camilla.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CBS television’s “60 Minutes” correspondent Steve Kroft interviewed the heir to the British throne last month in the English village of Poundbury — the prince’s pioneer project in social and ecological harmony.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Details of the interview were not immediately available. It will be aired on Oct. 30.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Charles and Camilla, who married in April after a 35-year affair, will visit New York, Washington and San Francisco in November.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The official tour is seen as the first test abroad of the popularity of the newlyweds. Charles’ first wife, Princess Diana, was extremely popular in the United States before her death in a 1997 car crash.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9819186/[/font]

Last edited:
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1589499.html?menu=

Prince fears over bird flu threat

Prince Charles has expressed sympathy for UK poultry producers facing the threat of bird flu describing the situation as "very, very worrying".

The issue of climate change and global warming should also be given greater priority than it has received, he said.

The heir to the throne, speaking in an interview with BBC News 24, expressed his views on a range of farming issues from growing tomatoes as a small boy to the importance of family farms.

Last edited by a moderator:
In full: Prince Charles interview

_40953214_charles203.jpg
Prince Charles gave the interview from his Gloucestershire farm

The Prince of Wales has given an exclusive interview to BBC environment correspondent Sarah Mukherjee on the future of farming and the environment.
Here is a transcript of the interview:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4382264.stm

Last edited by a moderator:
Lady Marmalade said:
Sunday night on 60 Minutes is the big night we Americans on here have been waiting for!! The first American interview with Prince Charles in so many years.

I will be watching every facial expression and evaluating every word he says.

He is used to that, everyone has been doing that since the day he was born (he could not say words immediately of course:p )

tiaraprin said:

is the entire enterview about farming! how boring....

Thanks for the transcript susan.

Re:

So will plenty of others but I don't think he'll give two figs one way or the other.

Amira said:
The Prince Of Wales And The Duchess Of Cornwall Continue Royal Duties
Thanks lots for the pictures Amira, Good to see The Duchess of Cornwall has been got used to Royal duties and doing alone by herself though it's inside Clarence House, im so looking forward to see how will she in America, its interesting as her first oversea visit as the wife of the heir to the throne.

tiaraprin said:

Even if Charles sobbed his heart out on international television about Diana Tiaraprin & her ilk would say he didn't care!! :eek:

Goodness, I'd hate to come across you in a dark alley tiaraprin :eek: (jk) Not that I'm ever in dark alleys of course :rolleyes:

"MII"

Moving on...

wymanda said:
Even if Charles sobbed his heart out on international television about Diana [some] would say he didn't care!! :eek:
There are those who will always seek out "evidence" to support their own viewpoints, prejudices and particular take on things. I guess public figures are well aware of this, and just trust that those who don't hold emotional vested interests will actually listen to what they have to say in a more open-minded manner.

For example, Charles may say during the interview that he was shocked at Diana's death. Some people will respond with "Liar!", "Hypocrite!", "Adulterer!" and others will go "how sad." Take your pick. The other question about this is that if some choose not to believe a word he says, why bother watching in the first place? What's the point?

This endless fretting and feigned outrage every step of the way, from engagement, wedding, tiara-wearing etc etc, all wrapped up in the moralistic and doom-laden prediction that any or all spell the demise of the House of Windsor, is not only tedious, but with the increasing acceptance of Camilla (with bells on this week!), becomes masochistic. Like it or not, time to move on, I say. Looking back, or looking forward: it's a choice.

Warren said:
There are those who will always seek out "evidence" to support their own viewpoints, prejudices and particular take on things. I guess public figures are well aware of this, and just trust that those who don't hold emotional vested interests will actually listen to what they have to say in a more open-minded manner.

For example, Charles may say during the interview that he was shocked at Diana's death. Some people will respond with "Liar!", "Hypocrite!", "Adulterer!" and others will go "how sad." Take your pick. The other question about this is that if some choose not to believe a word he says, why bother watching in the first place? What's the point?

This endless fretting and feigned outrage every step of the way, from engagement, wedding, tiara-wearing etc etc, all wrapped up in the moralistic and doom-laden prediction that any or all spell the demise of the House of Windsor, is not only tedious, but with the increasing acceptance of Camilla (with bells on this week!), becomes masochistic. Like it or not, time to move on, I say. Looking back, or looking forward: it's a choice.

Warren,

Thats what I meant.lol.

"MII"

Warren said:

She had bells on?;)

Elspeth said:
She had bells on?;)
The sentence was too long in any case but I wanted to make an allusion to the significance of the Queen allowing Camilla to wear the Delhi Durbar tiara. I thought "with bell's on" summed it up nicely. Next time I will use an asterisk, and at the bottom of the post include a "deciphering code" footnote. :)

#1-2:Britain's Prince Charles tries his hand at hedgelaying, during the National Hedgelaying Championships at the Prince's Home Farm, at Tetbury, England, Saturday Oct. 29 2005.The Prince was scheduled to present the prizes to the competition winners.(AP Photo/David McHugh, pool)
#3: Britain's Prince Charles breaks into laughter while he talks to graduates from The Prince's Trust personal development course during a visit to Merton College in London Friday Oct. 28, 2005. (AP Photo/Adrian Dennis/Pool)

Prince Charles & Prince Wiliam Visit Merton College
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState%7c1%7c0%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c56013975%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=3&tag=1

Attachments

• ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 112
  • ap1.jpg
    ap1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 114
  • ap3.jpg
    ap3.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
mandyy said:
#1-2:Britain's Prince Charles tries his hand at hedgelaying, during the National Hedgelaying Championships at the Prince's Home Farm, at Tetbury, England, Saturday Oct. 29 2005.The Prince was scheduled to present the prizes to the competition winners.(AP Photo/David McHugh, pool)
#3: Britain's Prince Charles breaks into laughter while he talks to graduates from The Prince's Trust personal development course during a visit to Merton College in London Friday Oct. 28, 2005. (AP Photo/Adrian Dennis/Pool)

Prince Charles & Prince Wiliam Visit Merton College
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState%7c1%7c0%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c56013975%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=3&tag=1
Haha.. I like the first!:D

Catharina said:
I didn't see any pictures on this forums about Camilla's first tiara event. I just saw her on BBC World and I must say WOW! So she decided to go as big as with the hats... Anyone know which tiara this is? At first I thought it was the Spencer tiara and had to take another look to see that it wasn't...

The picture is from the Prince of Wales' official homepage
You can see more picture here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7599

Harry's polo shirt said:
I really don't like her dress!
I don't mind the dress, I just think that it and the necklace are too sleek and modern for such a big old-fashioned tiara. Overall I think it pulled together very well though.

I love the sleeves, but I think the rest of the dress doesn't fit her body. It goes strait down. I find it odd that her necklace looks like a snake...I don't think it was a great idea for her to wear a snake around her neck the first time she is in public with a tiara. The snake thing doesn't go to well with her new image they are trying to create.

I wonder whose choice it was to have Camilla wear the Dehli durbar tiara? The queen's coffers must be packed with tiara's :eek: and a smaller one would have looked great. This huge monstrosity has only been worn twice by Queen Mary and only once by Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother and I can see why (it looks like a beauty queen's crown).

Eiir & Doc

Veronica said:
I wonder whose choice it was to have Camilla wear the Dehli Durbar tiara?
The Delhi Durbar tiara was loaned to Camilla by Queen Elizabeth. I guess that answers your question.

In the next few weeks, the Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall seem really busy with engagements especially the Duchess of Cornwall with engagements by herself, and especially that Prince William will also attend The Sunday Remembrance Service at the Cenotaph though it's already his second time attending it:
http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/diary.html
Saturday 12th November:
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will attend the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall, Kensington, London.

Sunday 13th November:
The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and Prince William will attend the Remembrance Service at the Cenotaph, Whitehall, London.

Wednesday 16th November:
The Duchess of Cornwall will tour the newly refurbished club and meet members of the Soroptimists Club in Bayswater, London.

Thursday 17th November:
The Duchess of Cornwall, President of the National Osteoporosis Society, will turn on the Christmas lights at the Burlington Arcade, London.

Friday 18th November:
The Prince of Wales, Colonel in Chief The King’s Regiment and The 22nd Cheshire Regiment will attend a parade and present medals to TA soldiers from The King’s and Cheshire Regiment, Warrington Town Hall, Warrington, Liverpool.
The Duchess of Cornwall, President of the National Osteoporosis Society, will visit the Bone Densitometry Unit and open the new Department of Clinical Biochemistry Automated Laboratory at the Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Prescot Street, Liverpool.
The Prince of Wales, President, The Prince’s Trust, accompanied by The Duchess of Cornwall, will visit Liverpool Football Club to celebrate 10,000 young people having been helped by The Prince’s Trust Football Initiative, Liverpool Football Club, Anfield Road, Liverpool.

Wednesday 23rd November:
The Prince of Wales, President of The Prince's Trust, and The Duchess of Cornwall will attend a Gala Evening to celebrate the work of The Prince's Trust at the Banqueting House, Whitehall, London.

Wednesday 7th December:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall attend the World Premiere of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in aid of the Cinema and Television Benevolent Fund, The Royal Albert Hall, London.

Friday 16th December:
The Prince of Wales, President of The Prince’s Trust and The Duchess of Cornwall will attend a Royal Gala Performance of Madam Butterfly by the English National Opera at The Coliseum, London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom