The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 07:25 AM
Administrator

Charles & Camilla Current Events 3: 4-16 October 2005

Welcome to the Charles & Camilla Current Events thread, now up to part 3

Please ensure the copyright holder is acknowledged when posting pics and articles.

Part 2 can be found here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...5123#post295123

Old 10-04-2005, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Gossip: Charles' aide quits job

Originally posted by Idriel...

From the Sun

Charles' aide walks out

A TOP royal aide in charge of Charles and Camilla’s wedding shambles has quit. Kevin Knott was blamed by senior palace figures when the couple had to ditch plans to wed at Windsor Castle and instead use the nearby Guildhall.

Then the Queen said she would not be attending the April 9 event — amid claims the marriage was illegal.

The departure of Mr Knott as £80,000-a-year Master of the Household, follows a BBC1 documentary on the blunders.

Old 10-05-2005, 01:28 PM
Serene Highness

U.K.'s Prince Charles, wife Camilla to tour U.S.

Royal couple to visit N.Y., D.C., San Francisco on first joint official tour

LONDON - Britain’s heir-to-the-throne Prince Charles and his wife Camilla will meet President Bush when they travel to the United States for their first joint official tour, a spokesman said on Wednesday.

Charles, who married Camilla in April after a 35-year affair, last visited the U.S. in 2004 for the funeral of former president Ronald Reagan.

He had previously visited the country with his first wife, Princess Diana, who was hugely popular among Americans. She died in a car crash in Paris in 1997 but is still regularly discussed in the country’s celebrity press.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9598541/

another article about the visit :)
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/mld/san...o/12824527.htm
Old 10-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

It still just says "early November" on the Prince's website. This is rather late for the dates not to be known; early November is just a month away.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cornwall attended the Opening of The Eleven Gallery in Central London yesterday 5th of October .The Gallery is run by her daughter Laura Parker-Bowles:
The skirt is something in really new style on The Duchess, she does looks really cool on that dress.
Pics from Abacausa Press and Isifa:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	415370.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	201864   Click image for larger version

Name:	415371.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	201865   Click image for larger version

Name:	is_11259421.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	201890   Click image for larger version

Name:	is_11259424.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	201892  

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 10-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Courtier

She actually looks human, not frightful at all.
You know, I've been reading this book about Charles and Camilla, and keep asking myself whether she might not be better suited to the job than Diana, who was very vulnerable and not very self-confident for a long time. Apparently, Camilla is as tough as an old leather shoe (as we say).
Old 10-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the skirt! Great color, she looks wonderful. And you might be right Smilla, Camilla might be better suited for this "job". I think that she knows who she is and is comfortable with it, therefore what the press write about her just doesn't affect her daily life.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla looks so great right their. I mean she looked good at previous royal occasions but they were royal looks. This is a normal look and it looks good. It looks like she did something to her teeth and hair. Very Nice.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilla
She actually looks human, not frightful at all.
You know, I've been reading this book about Charles and Camilla, and keep asking myself whether she might not be better suited to the job than Diana, who was very vulnerable and not very self-confident for a long time. Apparently, Camilla is as tough as an old leather shoe (as we say).
Remember that when Diana married Charles she was a very young 20 year old and when Camilla married Charles she was a well seasoned 57 year old woman.
What a difference 37 years make.
CM
Old 10-05-2005, 11:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Her teeth look fake: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=201865

I like how she is trying a new style. I like her ear rings too.

Old 10-05-2005, 11:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
Are you sayng that she is wearing dentures?
Old 10-06-2005, 03:31 AM
Administrator

Probably just porcelain veneers. Standard stuff these days.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:39 AM
Courtier

Finally some official news on the trip to the US. From The Prince of Wales official site.

THE PRINCE OF WALES AND THE DUCHESS OF CORNWALL TO VISIT THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

TRH The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will pay an official visit to the United States of America in early November.

The tour will include engagements in New York, Washington DC, and San Francisco, a meeting with Secretary General Kofi Annan at the United Nations, and a lunch and dinner with President and Mrs Bush at the White House.

The visit will highlight some of the many links which bind the two countries together and have done for many years.

It will also focus on the vital importance of the economic relationship, and the exceptional range of cultural, environmental and community links between the two nations.

Sustainability will be another important theme of the tour, in areas such as housing and education, and farming and food sourcing.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:52 AM
Royal Highness

I have been watching Good Morning America as I have been getting ready for work the past week and they have adopted somewhat of a cautious tone towards Camilla.

GMA is broadcasting live from Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle (that was today) and the Palace of Holyrood House.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
I have been watching Good Morning America as I have been getting ready for work the past week and they have adopted somewhat of a cautious tone towards Camilla.

GMA is broadcasting live from Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle (that was today) and the Palace of Holyrood House.
How do you mean "cautious tone"?

How was the live broadcasting from BP and WC?

I can't see Good Morning America in Sweden, so I would be most greatful for some summaries of these things...
Old 10-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Royal Highness

Hi Grand Duchess,

What I mean by cautious is more respectful and toned down. They do not use the same sense of emotion and exuberance as they do with the mention of Diana's name.

The American media will be out in full force for this visit as the U.S. has always been Diana territory. I think those in the U.S. who follow British royalty are either indifferent to or simply do not like Camilla at all.

But that is just my view.

Good Morning America presented from Windsor Castle this morning and gave reports on William and Kate living together, while not uncommon even in the U.S., they did express surprise that a future king and head of Church of England would be allowed to live with his girlfriend so openly.

The American media as a whole tends to be more respectful towards visiting royals and heads of states and reports what the meetings and visits were about and not whether the person should or should not be welcome. Theirs is one of a more respectful tone.

But, we have our gossip news and magazines as well who bring tasted to a whole lower level.

They do not for example, relay to name calling and making fun of as the SOME of the British press did when President Bush visited in 2003.

That is why I use the word cautious. They do not want to necessarily show any judgement before the visit.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Good Morning America broadcast was oviously an attemt to get tourists, you noticed that very quickly. I liked how we got to see the foot print in the ally that legands say was there because he always put his foot there while riding past. The boys chior was really cute, the boys they interviewed seemed really sweet. I didn't get to see there performance because I had to get ready for school, I was 30 minutes late to class because I had to watch the entire thing!

The books we saw were beautiful!! the artistry and design was amazing. I was suprised that the queen owns those Devinchi (sp?) drawings--they are the most recognised and famous drawings.

Old 10-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

If her teeth are Porcelan Venears they did a bad job. They are still crooked like before I just think she had them whitened more. I would actually like her to get some venears to straighten out her smile. It would look better. I think there "cautious" because they dont know much about The Duchess of Cornwall and cant report bad things about The Duchess of Cornwall. They dont want to dwell on the past either. I saw the report about the foot print too. That was cool. I didnt know that they proclaimed a monarchy on a balcony from St. James Palace. The whole system is very much like the Papal system if you think about it.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
Camilla looks so great right their. I mean she looked good at previous royal occasions but they were royal looks. This is a normal look and it looks good. It looks like she did something to her teeth and hair. Very Nice.
At the least she's had her teeth whitened. And I think she's had some Botox. Her skin doesn't look so weathered.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Royal Highness

That was what I was thinking when I first saw the photos. She looks years younger, even better than on her wedding day in April. Either that or the lighting was just perfect. And beautiful skirt!

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales