Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 6: October 4-16, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princejonnhy25 said:
I have found a quote that Camilla said to Sharon at the Golden Jubilee Concort when Ozzy said to her "You're ****ing great" Camilla told sharon that "Oh, it's quite all right, we curse quite a lot around here."

oh no! is that really true. how awful! I hope she didnt say that.

I(and loads of people I know) don't use language like that (99% of the time;) ) and is it too much to expect her to do the same???

Last edited by a moderator:
Re:

The British have begun to swear alot. It's not hard to find school children as young as 13/14 swearing like troopers. Blame rap-music.

I don't like the f-word but admit to using the s-word quite a lot.

Harry's polo shirt said:
well, that isn't bad...acceptable if you ask me.
Then why are so many complaining about the royal family's wasting tax payers money?
Because many people don't really understand exactly how cheap the RF really is.

When the cost of the family was published earlier this year - 61pence per British person per year for the Queen and the Duke and 4pence per British person per year many people simply chose not to believe the figure was that low or didn't register that it could be that low.

Re:

Without getting into mass political debate, this Government are spending a fortune on ridiculous things and 61p for the Monarchy is possibly one of the few good and worthwhile things they are spending our money on!

Princejonnhy25 said:
Pink is Camillas best color. I wish she would grow her bangs out and were her hair in some soft curls.

Actually I think the hairstyle in that picture is pretty flattering. Its more under control and the color looks even. Its a good look for her.

Most of the men in the family were in the military so they probably swear. They live stressfull lives so they probably swear. I thought it was really funny. They are normal people.

At the end of the day however, in a democracy, the working person is entitled to say where their 61p in tax should go and they are entitled to object, if they chose to do so, to their money supporting an institution they have no say in the running of ie the Monarchy.

james said:
At the end of the day however, in a democracy, the working person is entitled to say where their 61p in tax should go and they are entitled to object, if they chose to do so, to their money supporting an institution they have no say in the running of ie the Monarchy.

Yes, they can james, but its interesting people only complain when its Andrew or Charles. Makes the complaints a little less valid, don't you think?

Lady Marmalade said:
Why not? They have the right to use their own personal money to purchase property wherever they want to.
Of course. I'm just pointing out there is no particular reason for them to have property in the U.S. because they don't live or vacation here.

The Queen has made private visits to Kentucky to visit with the Farishes and other horse-breeding families because that's her biggest personal interest. She certainly has stayed with them as guests and also purchased horses. That's about it.

BeatrixFan said:
The British have begun to swear alot. It's not hard to find school children as young as 13/14 swearing like troopers. Blame rap-music.

:D :D that is sooo funny. It made my day!

LOL!!! I love that post! Thank you BeatrixFan..

When I was there three years ago for the Jubilee, many of them did not seem shy about using colorful metaphor. Some of the slang I picked up from watching Eastenders.

ysbel said:
BTW, Warren, did they catch any jokes Her Royal Highness told the Oz-ster? :D
No, only that there was lots of laughter, and she was quite amused by Ozzy's admiration of her...décolletage. I guess she was in no danger of an unwanted advance...Sharon was on hand! A good time was had by all.

pollyemma said:
oh no! is that really true. how awful! I hope she didnt say that. I(and loads of people I know) don't use language like that (99% of the time;) ) and is it too much to expect her to do the same???
??? I have missed something here.
Ozzy Osbourne used the **** word, NOT Camilla.
Ozzy said to Camilla "You're ****ing great!"

Re:

Some of the slang I picked up from watching Eastenders.

Oh dear. I promise you we don't talk that!

"A'wight guv, whesya gon aht den?"

Awful....

BeatrixFan said:
Some of the slang I picked up from watching Eastenders.
Oh dear. I promise you we don't talk that!

"A'wight guv, whesya gon aht den?"
Awful....
Oh, I know that. :)

Did you all the read about Prince Charles picking up a medicine at one of his visits and asking what it was only to be told it was used to help....men's enhancements in bed?

Apparently he and the staff got a big kick out of it..

I cannot believe how relaxed he has been these past few months. The transformation is mesmerizing..for the first time in a very long time, he looks genuinely happy.

Lady Marmalade said:
Oh, I know that. :)
Did you all the read about Prince Charles picking up a medicine at one of his visits and asking what it was only to be told it was used to help....men's enhancements in bed? Apparently he and the staff got a big kick out of it..
I cannot believe how relaxed he has been these past few months. The transformation is mesmerizing..for the first time in a very long time, he looks genuinely happy.
I wonder if it were a homeopathic remedy! ;)

Warren said:
No, only that there was lots of laughter, and she was quite amused by Ozzy's admiration of her...décolletage. I guess she was in no danger of an unwanted advance...Sharon was on hand! A good time was had by all.

Come to think of it, Ozzy's height comes right to her decolletage so he got a good view.

ysbel said:
I wonder if it were a homeopathic remedy! ;)
Hi,
I think that is what it was.
If you go to hellomagazine.com, the story is on there. :)

Monarchies set to Collapse

http://news.softpedia.com/news/A-Spanish-Royal-watcher-Says-Monarchies-Are-At-Risk-10204.shtml

This article scares me but when I read it, it sounds like the guy has no idea what he is talking about. In a sense, I can understand the collapse of mainland europes monarchies because they have lost so much tradition and royal grandeur that they act like republics. But, they dont seem anywhere near collapse, Norway does seem in danger of a huge political debate emboiling the country on whether to retain the monarchy in the next few years though.

Well, when people start on about what a waste of space a monarchy is, I usually remind them about the United Nations list of countries with the highest quality of life. Year after year, more than half of the top five, top ten, and top fifteen countries are constitutional monarchies.

Re:

As long as there's one man alive to say, "You are my King/Queen" then Monarchy exists.

Princejonnhy25 said:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/A-Spanish-Royal-watcher-Says-Monarchies-Are-At-Risk-10204.shtml

This article scares me but when I read it, it sounds like the guy has no idea what he is talking about. In a sense, I can understand the collapse of mainland europes monarchies because they have lost so much tradition and royal grandeur that they act like republics. But, they dont seem anywhere near collapse, Norway does seem in danger of a huge political debate emboiling the country on whether to retain the monarchy in the next few years though.

If I am not mistaken, there is still a strong Anti-Monarchy movement in Australia also. Perhaps the Australians on the board could speak about this.

It is not so much anti-monarchy but pro-republic.

At the moment it is on the back burner and will stay there as long as John Howard is PM as he is a staunch monarchist.

These days we hear a lot about Mary of Denmark, as she was an Australian before her marriage.

No-one is really against the Brits having a monarchy but do question whether or not the British monarch should also be ours.

Personally I love the Queen and the RF and would hate to live in a republic but if the majority of people in a majority of states vote that way in a referendum at some time in the future then I will have to get used to it.

chrissy57 said:
No-one is really against the Brits having a monarchy but do question whether or not the British monarch should also be ours.

I can kinda understand that. I like the British Royal Family too but if we started to have a King and Queen of the United States, it would feel kinda weird!

Princejonnhy25 said:

This article scares me but when I read it, it sounds like the guy has no idea what he is talking about.

Thanks for the article, princejohnny. He's talking about the lack of blue blood in the royal houses these days. I can kinda understand him. Prince Charles said before he married that he thought he ought to marry a princess because she would know what she was getting into but he really wanted to marry a nice English girl. He ended up marrying the nice English girls.

But I think its tougher for non-royal brides to be accepted within the royal family.

Lady Marmalade said:
Hi,I think that is what it was.
If you go to hellomagazine.com, the story is on there. :)
Thanks Lady Marmalade,
that gave me a chuckle! :D

Countries with monarcys also have high tourism. Isn't that what keeps Englands economy up? If you think about it, the reason people visit England is mainly for the palaces, royal museums, changing of the guards, and such.

tiaraprin said:
If I am not mistaken, there is still a strong Anti-Monarchy movement in Australia also. Perhaps the Australians on the board could speak about this.
In the referendum a few years ago a majority of people in EVERY Australian state voted to reject the proposed change. Four reasons: disagreement with how a replacement Head of State would be elected/appointed; the fear of major constitutional change (which Australians have traditionally rejected); satisfaction with the status quo ("if it ain't broke, don't fix it"); and resentment by "average" people of the cultural elite's claim that the Monarchy denied us our own "identity" and their patronising and condescending attitude of "we know what's best for you".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom