Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 26: August 2010-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are their any more pictures today from the trip to NI?

@SkyNewsRoyal: #royal The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall attend today's private funeral of Duchess' brother Mark #Shand in Dorset

The costumes that group is wearing is downright frightening!:eek:
What would Prince Philip say?:lol:

We need far more photos of those costumes, and Morris Dancers, too. That's what I say, anyway. I can't vouch for Prince Philip having the same opinion. :D

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 9m
Prince Charles and Camilla are to attend D Day 70th anniversary commemoration events in Normandy on June 5 and 6, the palace says.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 6m
I make it 12 D Day events that Charles and Camilla will attend in Normandy, including several Canadian.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4m
In February it was announced that the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh would be be in Normandy for the D Day anniversary as part of a State visit

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m
Charles and Camilla will meet veterans from the Glider Pilot Regiment, The Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, The Parachute Regiment among others

I think it's 'that dress' yet again!?!

I'm going to venture a guess The Black Watch of Canada will also be there, since their new Honourary Colonel will be too and it's really the first big Anniversary/Event to do w/the Canadian Military since Camilla was named to the role. Regardless, I'm glad to see it will be TRH as the Sr Royals selected to be the ones attending the Canadian D Day Ceremonies and Events. It makes sense w/the connections the PoW has w/the various Regiments that it would be him and the Duchess attending.

Now I just hope that made sense up there. I really need to remember to restock the blank DVD's stores for June 6th and all the various coverage, Documentaries and whatnot that'll be shown. It's going to be a very special few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Choose your pet hate: the blue dress, or the white ones in summer.

My personal one would be the all white elderly Miss Havisham bride look in the summer, of which she has a seemingly endless supply. However, many here seem particularly iritated by her endlessly repeating this navy one.:flowers:

I look forward to seeing the full interview later.

I did have a moment of shock when I realized how much George Stromboulopolous has aged since I last saw an interview of his.

Wonderful interaction of the Duchess of Cornwall with Queen Máxima of the Netherlands. (The Duchess did attend the Investiture and the pre-Investiture Banquet in Amsterdam, last year. The two know each other).

Arromanches-sur-Mer, 6th June 2014, source Zimbio:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Maxima+70th+Anniversary+Day+Landings+xOg1GGGfN4kx.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Maxima+70th+Anniversary+Day+Landings+vOcrEIFWIWXx.jpg

Lovely pictures

Not all of the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall's engagements on 6th June were televised. This is an extract from the Court Circular - I've highlighted those not shown on TV.

Start:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this morning attended the Royal British Legion Service of Remembrance in Bayeux Cathedral, Normandy, and were received by the Prime Minister of the French Republic.

His Royal Highness afterwards attended a Reception at the Sous-Préfecture, Bayeux.
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall subsequently attended the Royal British Legion and Normandy Veterans Association Service of Remembrance at Bayeux Commonwealth War Graves Cemetery.

Their Royal Highnesses this afternoon attended a Lunch for British veterans at the Veterans’ Village, Bayeux Commonwealth War Graves Cemetery.

The Prince of Wales, Admiral, and The Duchess of Cornwall later visited HMS RICHMOND alongside Ouistreham.
Their Royal Highnesses afterwards attended the International Commemoration Service at Colleville-Montgomery-Plage to commemorate the Allied Normandy Landings and were received by The President of the French Republic.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall later attended a Ceremony of Remembrance at Juno Beach Centre, Courseulles-sur-Mer, to commemorate Canada’s role in the Normandy Landings, and were received by Mr. Manuel Valls (Prime Minister of the French Republic) and the Rt. Hon. Stephen Harper MP (Prime Minister of Canada).

Wonderful interaction of the Duchess of Cornwall with Queen Máxima of the Netherlands. (The Duchess did attend the Investiture and the pre-Investiture Banquet in Amsterdam, last year. The two know each other).

Arromanches-sur-Mer, 6th June 2014, source Zimbio:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Maxima+70th+Anniversary+Day+Landings+xOg1GGGfN4kx.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Maxima+70th+Anniversary+Day+Landings+vOcrEIFWIWXx.jpg

I love these as well.

Camilla's sense of humor is a great quality!

I am not a Camilla fan, but she handles herself well at engagements such as these. Anyone who is respectful and gives honor to these elderly warriors is okay in my book.

Video:
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall are enjoying the second day of their annual summer tour of Wales. Charles and Camilla kicked off their busy day at the newly restored 13th century St Illtud's Church in the Vale of Glamorgan. The church, in Llantwit Major, was founded in 500AD by the Welsh monk Illtud and is believed to be Britain's earliest centre of learning. They then moved on to see Dyffryn House and Gardens, St Nicholas. .
Home - ITNSource News

Some lovely photos of both Charles and Camilla there. They are both clearly very popular and they engage wonderfully with the people. Loved the pic of Charles taking a photograph of the photographers! He seems to be really enjoying life at the moment.

Were there any more pictures from the time C&C spent in Wales? I hate it that the primary source of pictures appears to be the DailyFail these days.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 2h
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall will undertake an official tour of Colombia and Mexico in October, aides have confirmed.

Retweeted by Clarence House
Emma Haines ‏@Emma_Haines2 1h
@LooeRNLI Looe @RNLI volunteers met The Duke & Duchess of Cornwall this morning! Fantastic day for the town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom