Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 26: August 2010-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last three weeks Charles has one no engagements and Camilla one so they haven't been out and about doing things.

Things will start to pick up again in about mid-September but they also have a major tour to the other side of the world to prepare for.

yes, this picture and this one of them going to Crathie Church are from last Sunday (August 26), so they most certainly are still vacationing

oh, I'm sorry, I got them from newscom, maybe it's not allowed to link pictures from there. it works fine for me, though

If posted directly Newscom pictures, like those from Getty, might not load automatically. Usually, refreshing the page does the trick.
However, it also depends on the browser.

Anyway, here are the pictures kindly shared by Oliv, re-hosted through a third party:
- Charles and Camilla 1
- Charles and Camilla 2

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited service personnel being treated at the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre, Headley Court today, September 19, 2012. They met patients, staff and representatives of a number of charities that have supported the centre over the years, and they toured and opened the new "Jubilee Rehabilitation Complex".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** BBC: Charles and Camilla open new Headley Court rehab unit **

** PA: Charles speaks of Afghan casualties **

** itv.com: Charles and Camilla visit Army rehabilitation centre **

** telegraph.co.uk video: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall open treatment centre for injured soldiers **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall Visit Rehabilitation Centre For Injured Troops **

Later today, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall hosted a reception at Clarence House for London 2012 volunteers
and Armed Forces personnel who helped secure the Olympic and the Paralympic Games.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Prince Of Wales And The Duchess Of Cornwall Host A Reception... **

Last edited:
It's always nice to see Charles & Camilla out and about.

Today, September 20, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited Croydon to see how the community is recovering since the August 2011 riots. They met shopkeepers, residents and faith leaders at Croydon Voluntary Action and later also visited Croydon College to mark the opening of the new University Centre.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Prince Charles, Prince of Wales And Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall Visit Croydon **

** itv.com: Croydon Royal Visit ** telegraph.co.uk video: Prince Charles pulls a pint.. **

** eastlondonlines.co.uk: Charles and Camilla return to riot-hit Croydon **

** croydonguardian.co.uk: Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall visit Croydon a year on after the riots **

:previous: It looks like they had a blast and I loved Camilla waving her tea mug at Charles with his beer. Charles and Camilla seem so happy and almost uninhibited when they do these sorts of engagement. It's such a win win situation. Charles and Camilla thoroughly enjoy themselves and the people they are meeting are enjoying themselves too. Its such a long way from the old style of formality and painted smiles for the official "photograph" and then back to dour and dutiful. I was thinking that William could do worse than take a few cues from dear old Dad but I think the hospitality of the Islands may have loosened him up a little. :D

Great pictures of THR.

Always nice to see members of the BRF out and about.

In the last few years I can really see that the Prince of Wales is finally at peace with himself.

I think with age and experience he's more cool and calm. I think the late Princess of Wales is smiling down on him because he has accomplished so much and done a great deal for others.

I think The Duchess of Cornwall has grown into her royal role wonderfully. I always enjoy seeing them together and i followed their tour of the United States in 2005. I really liked the way he paid tribute to the late Rosa Parks when he made his speech at the White House.

I am such a big fan of Charles and Camilla. They make a great team. I love these pic's with them out and about interacting with the different communities truly showing that they care and are enjoying themselves. Charles wears a smile quite often these days.

Sensational pictore of both of them. Is ist from this event, or some older date. They both look soooo good here.

I could be wrong, MissJanet, but I think it's from their wedding.

Sensational pictore of both of them. Is ist from this event, or some older date. They both look soooo good here.

The picture above is a picture of The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall on their wedding day in 2005.

Ahh, thank you. I've always thought that Camilla was beautful that day, she really was.

Peter Hunt‏@BBCPeterHunt
Camilla has cancelled a number of engagements because she has developed an ear infection and sinusitis.

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter
CH confirms she's definitely not going to the Classical Brit Awards tonight. Her duties tomorrow will be rescheduled

I hope The Duchess of Cornwall will get better soon.

Sorry to hear of Camilla's health issues; hope she gets well soon.

On the other hand, it was really nice to learn of the new addition to the family - the lovely pup Bluebell. Hopefully, Bluebell's tough start in life will now be forgotten and she'll be cherished and love in her new home. I always have highest respect for people who take animals from rescue centres, so good for Camilla!

Camilla adopted another shelter puppy.

(Guess that's why we haven't seen her for a while.)

Rescue pup that¿s found a new pal in Camilla: Bluebell the Jack Russell becomes Duchess¿s latest pet | Mail Online
From sick and dying on the streets, to living in Royal luxury, that is one lucky puppy!
Jolly good Camilla!
Siegfried Farnon( vet from All Creatures Great and Small) and this lady would get on well( when he was done giving her a lecture on not spoiling dogs that is, very tounge in cheek! Like this:
Sigfried Farnon explains the problems about domesticating animals with barking dogs - YouTube
:ROFLMAO::lol::lol::D

I'm glad to see that the Duchess adopted a new puppy. It's always nice when someone that has been mistreated is given a chance to live in an atmosphere of love, rather than hate and pain.

Yes, roseroyal, Mr. Farnon would have a great time with Camila. They both love animals, as well as helping others.

Ear infections are not pleasant. I had a great deal of them in childhood, and I can honestly say that I never, ever want to go through another one again. I hope Her Highness will feel better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom