Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 26: August 2010-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Today, July 9, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall celebrated St Asaph's new City status by attending a Service of Thanksgiving in St Asaph, they've met craftsmen, traders, cookery school students and visitors during a visit to officially open the new Bodnant Welsh Food Centre in Conwy Valley and in Aberystwyth, Ceredigion they met residents affected by the recent flooding in Ceredigion and members of the emergency services involved in the rescue operation.

** Pic 1 *

Thanks, iceflower. I especially like this pic. Charles and Camilla seem to really enjoy working together. They seem to have such a good time! :D

Thanks, iceflower. I especially like this pic. Charles and Camilla seem to really enjoy working together. They seem to have such a good time! :D

You hit the nail on the head :flowers:. I think Charles and Camila do indeed enjoy each other's company, whether at work or leisure, and it's evident from their facial expressions. Sometimes I get the impression that one knows what the other is thinking, which wouldn't surprise me one bit, because they have known each other for decades, literally.

You are most welcome, Roslyn :flowers:

Sometimes I get the impression that one knows what the other is thinking, which wouldn't surprise me one bit, because they have known each other for decades, literally.

And Daria_S, I absolutely share that impression (although I generally think that in many happy cases you don't need decades to reach that intuition ;))

Here are some additional pics of the opening of the Bodnant Welsh Food Centre I've mentioned:

** zimbio gallery: Charles and Camilla at the Welsh Food Centre **

And the first pics of day 2 in Wales:

** gettyimages gallery ** daylife **

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery: Prince Of Wales Annual Tour Of Wales - Day Two **

Today the Prince of Wales as Patron of the Brecon Cathedral Choir Endowment Appeal together with the Duchess of Cornwall attended a Service of Thanksgiving and then met artists exhibiting in the Brecon Small Picture Show in Brecon, as Patron The British Horse Logging Association the Prince of Wales met teams of horse loggers and watched a demonstration of woodland management techniques at Llwynywermod, Dyfed. And the Duchess of Cornwall visited Ysgol Penmaes in Brecon and met volunteers and local residents during a visit to mark the 200th anniversary of the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal.

I dont get it. Whats with the undergarments thing? I think she looked radiant especially in the green outfit. She looked very elegant.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

I agree - she looks relaxed and comfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Camila looks absolutely delightful in the green suit. The color is great for her. She also appears to be having a great time on her engagements.

I agree. I thought about moving this to "The Marriage", but since I'm still commenting about Charles and Camilla working together at public functions, it seems okay to leave it here. I wonder if it's my imagination or if anyone else has noticed - it seems to me that since their anniversary, and especially since the Diamond Jubilee weekend, C&C have been more relaxed in public. It's not like the early days of the marriage when they were sharing for the first time the sights, places and experiences Charles had only been able to tell her about for so many years, but it's nice to watch. Sometimes Charles seems to be getting that mischievous look he had in one of the C&C wedding pictures (which I can't find). On the balcony that weekend, they seemed particularly close, for them almost cuddly, until a diagonal shot showed Charles had found an ideal spot where he could put his arm behind Camilla and support (I assume) his back on a giant pillar. I thought it was cute anyway. Also, that day IMO Charles looked unbelievably hot … okay … really, really regal.

thank god someone else noticed! I thought I was the only one. after the little crisis that I believe they may have had this year, now they truly do seem happier than ever. they really do seem to be enjoying spending time together and the jubilee weekend, Wimbledon as well as various engagements showed that very well. I don't know what happened, but they seem to be in a really good place now

maryr, which picture do you mean? could you describe it?

I agree. I thought about moving this to "The Marriage", but since I'm still commenting about Charles and Camilla working together at public functions, it seems okay to leave it here. I wonder if it's my imagination or if anyone else has noticed - it seems to me that since their anniversary, and especially since the Diamond Jubilee weekend, C&C have been more relaxed in public. It's not like the early days of the marriage when they were sharing for the first time the sights, places and experiences Charles had only been able to tell her about for so many years, but it's nice to watch. Sometimes Charles seems to be getting that mischievous look he had in one of the C&C wedding pictures (which I can't find). On the balcony that weekend, they seemed particularly close, for them almost cuddly, until a diagonal shot showed Charles had found an ideal spot where he could put his arm behind Camilla and support (I assume) his back on a giant pillar. I thought it was cute anyway. Also, that day IMO Charles looked unbelievably hot … okay … really, really regal.

Well said :flowers:. I've noticed the ease when I was watching the visit to BBC Studios in Scotland. It was like second nature for Charles to reassure his wife that it was fine if she didn't want to read the forecast. I think that alone gave Camila a bit more confidence to read it anyway. They do appear much closer during their engagements (not just physically, but bond-wise too), and I personally love observing that. I'd love to see the pictures you're alluding to. Do you think you could provide the links?

Well said :flowers:. I've noticed the ease when I was watching the visit to BBC Studios in Scotland. It was like second nature for Charles to reassure his wife that it was fine if she didn't want to read the forecast. I think that alone gave Camila a bit more confidence to read it anyway. They do appear much closer during their engagements (not just physically, but bond-wise too), and I personally love observing that. I'd love to see the pictures you're alluding to. Do you think you could provide the links?

Looking for links, I realized my impressions of the two standing close, touching (arms or shoulders), came from watching continuous coverage of the last day on BBC America. This included the balcony group waiting for the flypast, and that is not included on any highlight video I found, so these links below won't help much. I saw a Jubilee dvd advertised for sale, but since the interaction between Charles and Camilla before the flypast is what I want to see, that time period may not be included there either. Most intriguing was wondering what he was doing with his arm behind her, and after seeing he was leaning on the pillar ... Anyway, I thought he looked very happy and proud.

BBC News - Diamond Jubilee: Flypast brings celebrations to an end

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/the_queens_diamond_jubilee/9312304/Diamond-Jubilee-

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - Royals watch an air show - Zimbio

thank god someone else noticed! I thought I was the only one. after the little crisis that I believe they may have had this year, now they truly do seem happier than ever. they really do seem to be enjoying spending time together and the jubilee weekend, Wimbledon as well as various engagements showed that very well. I don't know what happened, but they seem to be in a really good place now

maryr, which picture do you mean? could you describe it?

If you mean the picture with the mischievous grin, I think it must have been in a magazine, or perhaps in Gyles Brandreth's book about C&C (I'm away from home now, and don't have the book with me). I can't find it online. It's like the other photos of Charles and Camilla arm in arm after the blessing, but Charles has that cat-who-swallowed-the-canary, and a bit naughtier, look on his face.

Looking for links, I realized my impressions of the two standing close, touching (arms or shoulders), came from watching continuous coverage of the last day on BBC America. This included the balcony group waiting for the flypast, and that is not included on any highlight video I found, so these links below won't help much. I saw a Jubilee dvd advertised for sale, but since the interaction between Charles and Camilla before the flypast is what I want to see, that time period may not be included there either. Most intriguing was wondering what he was doing with his arm behind her, and after seeing he was leaning on the pillar ... Anyway, I thought he looked very happy and proud.

BBC News - Diamond Jubilee: Flypast brings celebrations to an end

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/the_queens_diamond_jubilee/9312304/Diamond-Jubilee-

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - Royals watch an air show - Zimbio

Thank you for the links! I can definitely see what you're talking about regarding the balcony picture. His Highness does indeed look very happy and at ease, and at that point it was probably with more than just his private life.

Please note that posts that have NOTHING to do with Charles and Camilla's Current Events have been deleted as off topic.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have spent their third day in Wales today, July 11. They met local food producers, residents and visitors during a visit to Aberaeron and while the Prince of Wales visited Llanrhystud Mill in Llanrhystud, Ceredigion and
(as President) attended a meeting of the Cambrian Mountains Initiative Partnership Board in Tregaron, the Duchess of Cornwall also hosted a tea party for the children and the staff of Ty Hafan children's hospice, Llwynywermod, Myddfai, Llandovery, Dyfed.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** demotiximages.com gallery: Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall visit Aberaeron **

Take a look at the heartbreaking flower girl :) :

** dailymail: Duchess of Cornwall gives flowers back to tearful toddler who had a change of heart after presenting bouquet **

** walesonline.co.uk: Prince Charles distracted by local fare on third day of Wales visit **

Last edited:
:previous: Iceflower, thank you for the lovely pictures and articles! The little girl was too cute, even if she did want her flowers back :D. Kids that age are funny about 'sharing' and 'giving'. They give you something, but then want it back right away. It's quite amusing to observe.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have spent their third day in Wales today, July 11. They met local food producers, residents and visitors during a visit to Aberaeron and while the Prince of Wales visited Llanrhystud Mill in Llanrhystud, Ceredigion and
(as President) attended a meeting of the Cambrian Mountains Initiative Partnership Board in Tregaron, the Duchess of Cornwall also hosted a tea party for the children and the staff of Ty Hafan children's hospice, Llwynywermod, Myddfai, Llandovery, Dyfed.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** demotiximages.com gallery: Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall visit Aberaeron **

Take a look at the heartbreaking flower girl :) :

** dailymail: Duchess of Cornwall gives flowers back to tearful toddler who had a change of heart after presenting bouquet **

** walesonline.co.uk: Prince Charles distracted by local fare on third day of Wales visit **

Would love to know what Camilla wrote on the plate pictured in picture 4.

Thank you for sharing the pics, Iceflower.

:previous: Iceflower, thank you for the lovely pictures and articles! The little girl was too cute, even if she did want her flowers back :D. Kids that age are funny about 'sharing' and 'giving'. They give you something, but then want it back right away. It's quite amusing to observe.

We now know that when it comes to diplomatic skills, Camilla is quite adept at it. As a true grandmother, she knew exactly how to handle the situation with a 22 month old. I thought it was so sweet that she got down to the child's level and instead of handing back the entire bouquet of flowers, she gave the little girl one. A good lesson in sharing. Totally priceless.

Aww, poor little girl. Camilla does indeed have a way with the little ones; she handled the situation perfectly.

Thank you, iceflower, for posting the pictures and article. :)

You are all most welcome! :flowers:

Here's an article with pictures about the mentioned tea party Camilla has hosted at the Ty Hafan children's hospice:

** walesonline.co.uk: Children and families from Ty Hafan hospice enjoy a royal tea with Duchess of Cornwall **

As the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have agreed to be patrons of the charity WRVS who are searching for 480 'unsung' Diamond Champions - volunteers over 60 who go the extra mile to help in their communities, the Duchess of Cornwall has written a campaigning message for the Express that was published today:

** express.co.uk: DUCHESS OF CORNWALL: MY QUEST TO FIND OUR UNSUNG PENSIONER HEROES **

Some portraits of Camilla presenting the 'Diamond Champions' Badge were made on July 10 during the couple's visit to Brecon:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife gallery **

Camilla looks "cute!" Nice color on her and I think the fabric may be one of those new fangled knits that look like cord. I have a pair of trousers from last winter in that fabric.

Nice picture. What is that she is wearing? I like the style and color - very flattering on her - but is it corduroy? What is the fabric?

Great photo. In fact, I think its one of the more flattering pictures I've seen of Camilla to date.

Camilla looks "cute!" Nice color on her and I think the fabric may be one of those new fangled knits that look like cord. I have a pair of trousers from last winter in that fabric.

So it only looks like, but does not feel like, corduroy? You say a knit - is it warm? soft? What does it feel like to wear?

We now know that when it comes to diplomatic skills, Camilla is quite adept at it. As a true grandmother, she knew exactly how to handle the situation with a 22 month old. I thought it was so sweet that she got down to the child's level and instead of handing back the entire bouquet of flowers, she gave the little girl one. A good lesson in sharing. Totally priceless.

I bet she does :D. I love that she practiced the concept of 'sharing', that way everyone left happy.

You are all most welcome! :flowers:

Here's an article with pictures about the mentioned tea party Camilla has hosted at the Ty Hafan children's hospice:

** walesonline.co.uk: Children and families from Ty Hafan hospice enjoy a royal tea with Duchess of Cornwall **

Lovely pictures and article! These memories will carry the children and their families through the tough times, I'm sure :flowers:.

We see a lot of that fabric (I think) in the US midwest - it is chenille, as in the bedspread - except that they use lovely yarn for the weaving and it is often a knit. It can be woven into different patterns (hence the appearance of corduroy)
For us, it is a fall-winter-spring fabric as current temps are hitting in the 90s-100s F plus. It is a great color on the Duchess.

We see a lot of that fabric (I think) in the US midwest - it is chenille, as in the bedspread - except that they use lovely yarn for the weaving and it is often a knit. It can be woven into different patterns (hence the appearance of corduroy)
For us, it is a fall-winter-spring fabric as current temps are hitting in the 90s-100s F plus. It is a great color on the Duchess.

I can definitely attest to the fact that chenille is very much a comfort fabric too. Very soft and snuggley. At least the chenille sweater I have is and is one of my favorites.

I thought it was crushed silk.

What are the 2 cords that dangle in front that are in some of the photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom