Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 26: August 2010-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a very thoughtful and lovely gesture. I'm sure people effected by the riots were more than appreciative, and the visit may have helped lift some spirits. Love the Duchess's look as well. Very elegant.

London riots: Prince Charles and Camilla hugged by families who lost their homes to fires during riots | Mail Online

Its good that he visits and he has already done a lot through Princes Trust but still I think the "cry for help" statement is a bit out of touch. It clearly showed that it was rather a "cry for Plasma-TVs", as stated in the article. It wasnt protest but the attitude to have what everybody seems entited to - no need to work hard for it, like the royals or politicians give example every day.
Because those yobs didnt have the black amex they went shopping with the flamethrower instead.

I assume that you read past the actual heading to the words Charles himself actually used - 'joining gangs is a cry for help' - not that the riots were but that joining the gangs and thus being called up into the riots was. It is easy to take a phrase out of context and it changes the entire meaning of what was said.

Charles has already promised millions of pounds to help in these areas, through the Prince's Trust and has already done more in the area than the government.

The news on one of our morning TV channels down here had one of the British royal reporters and he said that Charles has been 'champing at the bit' to get to the riot areas to see for himself and to bring comfort etc - but that he had been stopped from going earlier by the government. A caring man who can't always do what he wants when he wants because he has to fit in with government policy. Even what he said would be previewed by the government for approval.

He is correct in that, particularly in Britain, it is very clear that there is a large percentage of the youth who don't feel part of any community. Unfortunately over the last few decades young people have been taught that they have rights but the idea of responsibilities has been left out of the equation.

This is the second major riots I can think of in Britain within the last 9 months and I simply wonder when will the next ones come - how soon and where - not if.

Last edited:
gangs

Agree with what he said about joining gangs.We have a gang problem here. It is a failure of the family unit and a failure of the larger community to respond. Add to that record companies glorifying killing, banging, and keeping your h**in check by hitting her it is no wonder young men don't know how to be men.

And its not just a black thing. White kids are caught up in this mess too.

But the riot thing-whats's up? The crowd that rioted and attacked his car were college students. Why is mob violence being used more and more to address social ills. At best it should be a last resort.

Sad part is just like the Watts riot -people are destroying their own neighborhoods, and innocent people are being hurt.

Last edited:
Agree with what he said about joining gangs.We have a gang problem here. It is a failure of the family unit and a failure of the larger community to respond. Add to that record companies glorifying killing, banging, and keeping your h**in check by hitting her it is no wonder young men don't know how to be men.

And its not just a black thing. White kids are caught up in this mess too.

But the riot thing-whats's up? The crowd that rioted and attacked his car were college students. Why is mob violence being used more and more to address social ills. At best it should be a last resort.

Sad part is just like the Watts riot -people are destroying their own neighborhoods, and innocent people are being hurt.

I think when we look at your statements, we can really understand more why Charles works so hard through his Prince's Trust foundations working with young people and communities. I can imagine that its really hit him hard to see all he's trying to do for communities set back with the mass hysteria and violence neighborhoods have sustained with these recent riots.

Both Camilla and Charles didn't visit for anything PR or as a "duty" I think. They went there because they really do care what is happening with these communities and I will bet next week's donuts that somehow, Charles will find a way to work even harder to try and ensure that something like this doesn't happen again easily.

Damn... I admire that man. :flowers:

I assume that you read past the actual heading to the words Charles himself actually used - 'joining gangs is a cry for help' - not that the riots were but that joining the gangs and thus being called up into the riots was. It is easy to take a phrase out of context and it changes the entire meaning of what was said.

Charles has already promised millions of pounds to help in these areas, through the Prince's Trust and has already done more in the area than the government.

The news on one of our morning TV channels down here had one of the British royal reporters and he said that Charles has been 'champing at the bit' to get to the riot areas to see for himself and to bring comfort etc - but that he had been stopped from going earlier by the government. A caring man who can't always do what he wants when he wants because he has to fit in with government policy. Even what he said would be previewed by the government for approval.

He is correct in that, particularly in Britain, it is very clear that there is a large percentage of the youth who don't feel part of any community. Unfortunately over the last few decades young people have been taught that they have rights but the idea of responsibilities has been left out of the equation.

This is the second major riots I can think of in Britain within the last 9 months and I simply wonder when will the next ones come - how soon and where - not if.

Yes I did and I agree with most you said, in my post I have recognized Charles' efforts. I dont believe that joining a gang is necessarily a cry for help, being in a gang as associated with crime, violence, murder etc may be everyday reality for some, but many "normal" people were involved who were hanging out bored & frustrated, just jumping on the bandwaggon of what a few "gangs" or rioters may have started.
What I wanted to say is that especially royalty - in line with politicians and bankers - are mainly to blame for the attitude that many young people - who are not necessarily involved in "gangs" - have today - being entiteled to everything without having to achieve anything - because they read everyday what kind of self-service shop the UK has become - be it the banker's bonuses, the politician's expenses or the Royal Family's excesses, maybe not so much Charles but - it may be a clichee but still - especially the young royals who are being portayed as holidaying or partying all the time, getting the jobs they want without necessarily being qualified or Andrew, making generous use of taxpayer's money through his ambassador's job or in private "Airmiles Andy" or mingling with shady millionaires. Some may think this is off topic but I think this attitude is exactly what is part of the problem today.

Last edited:
:previous: Oh, now I understand! Royalty, possibly excluding Prince Charles, are responsible for the culture of greed and general moral turpitude. Not that you average yob reads the Newspapers or watches the TV new, but what the hell, it's their fault.

Are you sure they are not actually responsible for the World Wide Recession, the re-emergence of MMR and the advent of AIDS?

Never mind, I am sure you will be one of the first to man the barricades come the revolution! What's that you say? You don't actually have a royal family?

Why am I not surprised! :bang:

Last edited:
:previous: Oh, now I understand! Royalty, possibly excluding Prince Charles, are responsible for the culture of greed and general moral turpitude. Not that you average yob reads the Newspapers or watches the TV new, but what the hell, it's their fault.

Are you sure they are not actually responsible for the World Wide Recession, the re-emergence of MMR and the advent of AIDS?

Never mind, I am sure you will be one of the first to man the barricades come the revolution! What's that you say? You don't actually have a royal family?

Why am I not surprised! :bang:

I said that the attitude of some royals, many politicians and many bankers have contributed very well to what has happened in England and I stand by that statement.
Besides, I have lived in London for many years to witness this development myself - sorry that now living in Germany and "not having a royal family" seems to disqualify me from having a valid opinion :rolleyes:

These videos are remarkable for the fact that Charles really does have insight based upon his years of working in the way he has. He is very much stepping into his future role - it is heartening to see - I for one am always impressed with him. He has really made himself relevant in a way unique to any Prince of Wales before him - so that a journalist would ask a question of him about solutions. Can't tell you how impressive the man comes across to someone from another country.

Good man. Well done.

I've just been through the entire online engagements diary for the BRF which goes all the way up to the 8th December, now either someone's been lazy with the updating or POW and DOC have only 2 days of engagements in the 4 months. Not counting annual events.

Clarence House maintains its own diary here. I don't believe it usually goes very far into the future, though.

Usually both diaries, especially the full engagements diary, are updated correctly. But seeing as the Royal Events and Ceremonies website hasn't been updated (and I can't imagine Remembrance Day not occuring) something must be wrong on the sites.

Usually both diaries, especially the full engagements diary, are updated correctly. But seeing as the Royal Events and Ceremonies website hasn't been updated (and I can't imagine Remembrance Day not occuring) something must be wrong on the sites.

It could also be that as its the time for the BRF to take their summer sojourn to Scotland, its the logical time that staff also would be taking their summer vacations.

It could also be that as its the time for the BRF to take their summer sojourn to Scotland, its the logical time that staff also would be taking their summer vacations.

I'd accept that, if the calender for other members of the RF hadn't been updated in the past few days. :ermm:

I'd accept that, if the calender for other members of the RF hadn't been updated in the past few days. :ermm:

Not only that but the PoW's website from Clarence House has been updated with 3 days' of engagements in the 1st week of September. So it's just the British Royal Family website run from Buckingham Palace that hasn't been updated with new Charles & Camilla's engagements. This doesn't surprise me as the BRF website is notorious for ignoring their engagements. In the past when they've been visiting abroad the BRF has often not mentioned the visit until after they've started it! And they can't claim its for security reasons as both the Queen's and Prince Wiliam's visits anywhere are always publicised months in advance & both of them are just as much terrorist targets as Charles & Camilla. Last year when Camilla visited my area the Palace press office didn't give it any advance publicity at all. I only found out by accident as I was shopping nearby, & her visit was months before the supposed student attack on the royal's car in December. I think the Palace offciails are still intent on keeping the couple out of the limelight.

Not only that but the PoW's website from Clarence House has been updated with 3 days' of engagements in the 1st week of September. So it's just the British Royal Family website run from Buckingham Palace that hasn't been updated with new Charles & Camilla's engagements.

Those three days of engagements are also on the BRF website, there's nothing new on either website.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall attended the opening of the Wool Modern
exhibition to mark Wool Week 2011 at La Galleria on September 7, 2011 in London.

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Today, September 8, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall arrived for a two-day visit
in Northern-Island. As one of their first events they visited Kilkeel harbour.

** Pic **

** BBC: Charles and Camilla arrive for two-day visit **

** enniscorthyguardian.ie: Prince meets old fisherman again **

Last edited:
Last edited:
:previous:

Camilla's children have been present as well. Here are some more pics:

The Duchess of Cornwall the Prince of Wales at the wedding of Ben Elliot and Mary-Clare Winwood
at the church of St. Peter and St. Paul, Northleach on September 10, 2011 in Cheltenham.

** gettyimages gallery **

great pictures, Charles looks happy :)

Laura Lopes could look so much better if she tried, though

Charles & Camilla attend the 9-11 memorial service at Grosvenor Square

Daily Mail

I was thinking this morning about which royals would attend this memorial service and i'm glad someone did. It is a shame after reading the article, to reach the comments and think are there really people out there that think these things? Even on the article about the American memorial service some of it is horrible. A real shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom