The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 05:33 AM
Nobility

Carla Bruni is certainly not a striking lady for such a commemorative event. I adore the Duchess of Cornwall's black outfit, complete with poppies and black hat. Carla, with boots and half a copy of her state visit to Britain earlier in the year, it seems whether she has no clothes for such occasions. The trouser suit, worn on the night before the commorations, for the private dinner was a complete disaster. It looks like a smoking for men.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:10 AM
Nobility

I think we can conclude from this that the new presidents staff ain't that good at planning. lol

Prince Charles and President Sarkozy late for armistice service - Telegraph

Old 11-12-2008, 08:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

This, as you might expect from The Daily Mail -

As Prince Charles enters his sixth decade, it seems the heir to the throne has for years been mimicking the dress sense and style of his wife Camilla - and vice versa.
A dogged public campaigner, Prince Charles is regularly photographed arm-in-arm with Camilla around the globe, from a market in London to a village in Pakistan

The House of Twinsor: How Charles and Camilla are turning into each other | Mail Online

It appears none of their reporters wanted to put his/her name to it!
Quote:
By Daily Mail Reporter
Old 11-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy1716 View Post
I think we can conclude from this that the new presidents staff ain't that good at planning. lol

I just can't believe it!! They have let so many people down.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:
The House of Twinsor: How Charles and Camilla are turning into each other | Mail Online
It appears none of their reporters wanted to put his/her name to it!
I am glad to see them both so happy. they do look very comfortable with each other in a way Charles and Diana never really did.we can see that he and Camilla are so happy and should have been together from the beginning. now ...Charles has the right lady beside him...
God bless them both. May they live happily ever after
Old 11-12-2008, 08:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy1716 View Post

I am surprised at this report from the Telegraph, have they had a change of editor? It has been publicised that the German chancellor was not there due to an engagement elsewhere, perhaps the Welsh should complain that Charles was in France. It was unfortunate if they were late, but it is not going to matter too much to the men they were there to honour, something that seems to be forgotten by so many. Who have they 'let down'?
Old 11-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Gallery from Prisma
http://www.prismanews.com/spip.php?article4297

A "windy pic" of Prince Charles yesterday.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Isn´t anyone else amused by all the stories about the surprise party Camilla is giving her husband? Surprise, does she think he can´t read. Surprise party is on nearly every newspaper you care to look at and also Point de Vue. Do you think he will walk in and make a surprised face? "Darling, I never expected such a surprise!"
Old 11-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

it was such a nice ocassion to see both couples and the two consorts interacting together. i think carla looked great, but it's maybe a very subjective opinion.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I am surprised at this report from the Telegraph, have they had a change of editor? It has been publicised that the German chancellor was not there due to an engagement elsewhere, perhaps the Welsh should complain that Charles was in France. It was unfortunate if they were late, but it is not going to matter too much to the men they were there to honour, something that seems to be forgotten by so many. Who have they 'let down'?
I feel they have let down everyone who was there attending the service just for starters. The 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. If you're not there for 11 o'clock, why bother to turn up at all, you've missed the important moment..
Old 11-13-2008, 04:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
I feel they have let down everyone who was there attending the service just for starters. The 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. If you're not there for 11 o'clock, why bother to turn up at all, you've missed the important moment..
There must have been a reason for it. Can't just be Camilla slapping on the war paint!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Gallery from Zimbio
Price Charles, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry arrive at a Gala Performance of 'We Are Most Amused' at the Wimbledon Theatre on November 12, 2008 in London, England

'We Are Most Amused' Gala Performance - Arrivals - Pictures - Zimbio

Gallery from Mediumphoto
http://www.mediumphoto.com.pl/index....shownews/11646

Very large pics from Purepeople!
http://www.purepeople.com/19143-REPO...-le-seul-.html
Old 11-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Nobility

thanks giov for the links
the duchess looks great in this colore , this is the second time she wear this color this month , the first was in the japan banquet ; i think she like the blue royal !!!nice choice Camilla , you are a glamour royal lady
Old 11-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Majesty

Wanted to post these at Charles's birthday thread,but since that is closed,till tomorrow I presume,I post them here.

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE/Nieboer.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Gallery from Zimbio
Price Charles, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry arrive at a Gala Performance of 'We Are Most Amused' at the Wimbledon Theatre on November 12, 2008 in London, England

'We Are Most Amused' Gala Performance - Arrivals - Pictures - Zimbio
Holy Schnikies pic #2 sure has Harry looking like Charles!!
Old 12-04-2008, 06:20 AM
Royal Highness

November 3

The Prince and the Duchess of Cornwall spent an hour talking to the soldiers and presenting them with their medals before joining them at a reception

Pictures of courage: Britain's injured war heroes struggle to their feet to be honoured by Charles and Camilla | Mail Online

Prince of Wales presents medals to Paratroopers who fought in Afghanistan - Telegraph

( I think there are really great pics with the royal couple and the brave soldiers...although i know that it is most important to talk about the feather at the head of Camilla......)
Old 12-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
( I think there are really great pics with the royal couple and the brave soldiers...although i know that it is most important to talk about the feather at the head of Camilla......)
Thank you for the articles milla Ca, our soldiers are incredibly brave, but I might be a little biased!
Old 12-04-2008, 02:01 PM

It's so horrible about the guy who lost both legs, though.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, but this is not the Prince's fault. He at least tries to give them an open proof that they are brave men, that there is a sense in their lost, that for him as the symbol of his country their suffering is not meaningless. it might be "just a medal" but there's a spiritual sense in it and I believe the prince hopes that those rewarded can feel it in the hard times they are going to live through.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Nobility

The BBC video of the young man who lost both legs and an arm made me cry. All he wants is to stand on his own and to get back to work.
These young people who join the service don't do it for something to do. They have real partriotism for their countries and they deserve our support.
I think the POW is doing a service by highlighting what these young people are going thru.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, edinburgh, highland games, prince charles, prince of wales