Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 24: May-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again Charles & Camilla show the rest of the country the way to treat our heroes! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thus it's TM The King and Queen

Perhaps, perhaps not...;):)

Don't care for this particular choker at all, but I do enjoy seeing the two of them out and about.

September 10

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall have paid tribute to the bravery and self-sacrifice made by military and civilian heroes at a church service.

The Prince of Wales attends a service to honour military and civilian heroes - Telegraph
You cannot understand how greatful and proud I feel to see Cpl William Apiata, our newest VC in the back row. His outstanding bravery and continued service is an honour to all Kiwi's here in NZ and around the world.

That the Prince of Wales and The Duchess if Cornwall take time out to honour these exceptional people is greatly to be admired.

The way he honours these special people, both military and civilian is yet another reason why I am proud to know he will, in time, become our next King, and that he is deserving of that honour.

Perhaps, perhaps not...;):)

Don't care for this particular choker at all, but I do enjoy seeing the two of them out and about.

I'm with you on the choker, I don't love it but she's had it for decades--there's a black and photo of her wearing it back in the 70's so it must be a family. She does wear it well and it seems to be a favorite piece.
They certainly looked splendid, didn't they? I love to see him in uniform like that, with her beside him.

green is her color

i just love her when she wear green!! it makes her look younger.;)

Isn't that one of Alice Keppel's pieces? C & C look wonderful. Don't care for the 'Van Dyke' hat though. I'm surprised they attended this event in lieu of the Queen given the status of the other dignitaries.

Was Camilla at Braemar? I didn't see any photos of her... if not, where was she??

Camilla was certainly at Birkhall the week before the Games & back with Prince Charles on Monday. As it is the Queen who invites guests to accompany her to the Braemar Games, she must have chosen not to invite Camilla. As we know from the Mey Games Camilla quite enjoys these sort of events - remember the giggling fit.:lol:

Camilla was certainly at Birkhall the week before the Games & back with Prince Charles on Monday. As it is the Queen who invites guests to accompany her to the Braemar Games, she must have chosen not to invite Camilla. As we know from the Mey Games Camilla quite enjoys these sort of events - remember the giggling fit.:lol:
Or Camilla left Birkhall before Braemar, had a cold, etc. :flowers:

Nope. She did not walk three steps behind him. Thus it's TM The King and Queen.:flowers:

hé hé you're so right ! I didn't want to be too optimistic :lol:

she must have chosen not to invite Camilla. As we know from the Mey Games Camilla quite enjoys these sort of events - remember the giggling fit.:lol:

I don´t think that the Queen didn´t invite Camilla, why shouldn´t she? ( We often see herself giggling at the highland games too.:ROFLMAO:)
I go with Skydragon that Camilla left Birkhall earlier ( maybe to see her grandchildren at London) or she had somthing else to do ( maybe host some guests... etc...);)

Charles and Camilla will visit the market in Cullompton, Devon and meet some of the stall holders

The Press Association: Royal couple visit farmers' market

I can't believe that the Queen would have excluded Camilla ... IMO it seems that the Queen has tried very hard to include her in the machinery of the family.

I can't believe that the Queen would have excluded Camilla ... IMO it seems that the Queen has tried very hard to include her in the machinery of the family.

Well so far Camilla has not spent more than one day each Christmas with the Queen at Sandringham. Anyway let's see whether the Queen invites Camilla's children Tom and Laura to celebrate Prince Charles's 60th birthday at Buckingham Palace. They were both invited to Highgrove when Camilla oversaw Charles's 50th birthday party, when all the crowned heads of Europe were represented except the Queen to preferred to stay at Windsor Castle.

Well so far Camilla has not spent more than one day each Christmas with the Queen at Sandringham. Anyway let's see whether the Queen invites Camilla's children Tom and Laura to celebrate Prince Charles's 60th birthday at Buckingham Palace. They were both invited to Highgrove when Camilla oversaw Charles's 50th birthday party, when all the crowned heads of Europe were represented except the Queen to preferred to stay at Windsor Castle.
Very few members of the royal family spend more than one day at Sandringham for Christmas. It would be with HM's permission that Camilla visits the other half of her family rather than the 'isn't invited' scenario you seem to envisage. HM rarely travels to birthday parties as I am sure you will find from the other events she has not attended in the past.:whistling:
-----------------------------
The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall have opened a new integrated health centre in Devon.
Prince Charles said the £4m Culm Valley centre in Cullompton should be a blueprint for others

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7613300.stm

Anyway let's see whether the Queen invites Camilla's children Tom and Laura to celebrate Prince Charles's 60th birthday at Buckingham Palace.

If HM can invite Chelsey and Kate, then I see noe reasons as to why Charles' step children shouldn't be included...;):)

Braemer games

Sometimes when there's smoke there's no fire.:) Maybe the Queen just wanted to spend time with her son and husband.
They look like they had a good family time and it is seldom that I have seen photographs of the Queen and Prince Charles laughing together.
I still do monthy Daddy and me lunches.:flowers::flowers:

Charles age 50

When Prince Charles turned 50 in 1998-this was just after Diana's death and Camilla and Charles were not married. It would have been inappropriate for the Queen to attend the party. All the crowned heads of Europe were Not at the party.

Sometimes when there's smoke there's no fire.:) Maybe the Queen just wanted to spend time with her son and husband.
They look like they had a good family time and it is seldom that I have seen photographs of the Queen and Prince Charles laughing together.
I still do monthy Daddy and me lunches.:flowers::flowers:
Perhaps HM did invite Camilla, but Camilla said 'thanks Ma but it is blooming cold, I think I will give it a miss'! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pics from Mediumphoto
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall during a visit to Morpeth in Northumberland - one of the country s worst-hit flood areas, 12 September 2008.
MediumPhoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom