The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaFay View Post
Well so far Camilla has not spent more than one day each Christmas with the Queen at Sandringham. Anyway let's see whether the Queen invites Camilla's children Tom and Laura to celebrate Prince Charles's 60th birthday at Buckingham Palace. They were both invited to Highgrove when Camilla oversaw Charles's 50th birthday party, when all the crowned heads of Europe were represented except the Queen to preferred to stay at Windsor Castle.
Very few members of the royal family spend more than one day at Sandringham for Christmas. It would be with HM's permission that Camilla visits the other half of her family rather than the 'isn't invited' scenario you seem to envisage. HM rarely travels to birthday parties as I am sure you will find from the other events she has not attended in the past.
-----------------------------
The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall have opened a new integrated health centre in Devon.
Prince Charles said the £4m Culm Valley centre in Cullompton should be a blueprint for others

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7613300.stm

Old 09-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Anyway let's see whether the Queen invites Camilla's children Tom and Laura to celebrate Prince Charles's 60th birthday at Buckingham Palace.
If HM can invite Chelsey and Kate, then I see noe reasons as to why Charles' step children shouldn't be included...

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 09-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Nobility

Braemer games

Sometimes when there's smoke there's no fire. Maybe the Queen just wanted to spend time with her son and husband.
They look like they had a good family time and it is seldom that I have seen photographs of the Queen and Prince Charles laughing together.
I still do monthy Daddy and me lunches.

Quote:
Camilla was certainly at Birkhall the week before the Games & back with Prince Charles on Monday. As it is the Queen who invites guests to accompany her to the Braemar Games, she must have chosen not to invite Camilla. As we know from the Mey Games Camilla quite enjoys these sort of events - remember the giggling fit.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Nobility

Charles age 50

Quote:
Well so far Camilla has not spent more than one day each Christmas with the Queen at Sandringham. Anyway let's see whether the Queen invites Camilla's children Tom and Laura to celebrate Prince Charles's 60th birthday at Buckingham Palace. They were both invited to Highgrove when Camilla oversaw Charles's 50th birthday party, when all the crowned heads of Europe were represented except the Queen to preferred to stay at Windsor Castle.
When Prince Charles turned 50 in 1998-this was just after Diana's death and Camilla and Charles were not married. It would have been inappropriate for the Queen to attend the party. All the crowned heads of Europe were Not at the party.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:55 AM
Royal Highness

Prince makes donation to Morpeth appeal fund
September 13

Charles and Camilla offer help and sympathy to flooded town - Press & Journal=
Old 09-13-2008, 05:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreats View Post
Sometimes when there's smoke there's no fire. Maybe the Queen just wanted to spend time with her son and husband.
They look like they had a good family time and it is seldom that I have seen photographs of the Queen and Prince Charles laughing together.
I still do monthy Daddy and me lunches.
Perhaps HM did invite Camilla, but Camilla said 'thanks Ma but it is blooming cold, I think I will give it a miss'!
Old 09-13-2008, 05:31 AM
Nobility

that's really funny.That brighten my day.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

FLOOD victims gave the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall a warm welcome when they visited the North East.
The couple went to Morpeth to meet residents and business owners affected by the devastation and thank the emergency services for their work

Flood aftermath: Charles and Camilla meet townsfolk - ChronicleLive
Old 09-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from Mediumphoto
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall during a visit to Morpeth in Northumberland - one of the country s worst-hit flood areas, 12 September 2008.
MediumPhoto
Old 09-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Royal Highness

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall attend The Help for Heroes Rugby Challenge, Twickenham
September 20

( Do you want to see (again) some nice and happy pics of the royal couple? Here they are...enjoy it !)

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Old 09-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Aristocracy

Most wonderful pictures, I love the one where Charles joins in the wave. How cute is that?!
Old 09-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Commoner

^^^Very nice photos. I have such a soft spot for Prince Charles.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Charles and Camilla current events are continued in part 22, which can be found here.



Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales