Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 23: March-May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the pictures, milla Ca! It looks like they're enjoying their anniversary (despite what the Dirty Mail says).

Questions for you tartan experts out there: is that the Balmoral tartan the Duchess is wearing? Which tartan is the Duke of Rothesay wearing?

Questions for you tartan experts out there: is that the Balmoral tartan the Duchess is wearing? Which tartan is the Duke of Rothesay wearing?

I think today Camilla wore the Balmoral tartan and Charles Gordon, but please correct me Skydragon when i´m wrong.:flowers:

They spent their honeymoon there so it was only fitting Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall should return to Scotland for their third wedding anniversary.

Tartan-clad Charles and Camilla spend anniversary in Scotland

I like her second tartan outfit as well. The combination of grey,black, and a shade of the red colour looks great.

I remember that "back in the day" Charles and Diana were called The Glums, also (referring back to the Daily Mail story).

It's pretty typical of a marriage, though, that the honeymoon glow has worn off by 3 years -- not that that means people are filling out the divorce papers! And Charles certainly doesn't look as dismal as he did during the end of his marriage to Diana. (And if things were going badly, Charles would probably not be able to cover it up, also judging by the photos of the 1990s.)

I remember that "back in the day" Charles and Diana were called The Glums, also (referring back to the Daily Mail story).

It's pretty typical of a marriage, though, that the honeymoon glow has worn off by 3 years -- not that that means people are filling out the divorce papers! And Charles certainly doesn't look as dismal as he did during the end of his marriage to Diana. (And if things were going badly, Charles would probably not be able to cover it up, also judging by the photos of the 1990s.)

IMO only one pic of today says more than every D.... Mail article can do:

HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!

I think today Camilla wore the Balmoral tartan and Charles Gordon, but please correct me Skydragon when i´m wrong.:flowers:

They spent their honeymoon there so it was only fitting Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall should return to Scotland for their third wedding anniversary.

Tartan-clad Charles and Camilla spend anniversary in Scotland

I'm pretty sure Charles is wearing the Rothesay tartan too.

You are quite right, Camilla has on one of the Balmoral Tartans and Charles is wearing that of the Gordon Highlanders. :flowers:

I'm pretty sure Charles is wearing the Rothesay tartan too.
The Fuchsia coat is trimmed and Charles' kilt in the first two pictures from Hello, are the Rothesay Tartan, but the pictures milla Ca is referring to, are the ones from Fotobanka, I think. :flowers:

Just like in the Caribbean, these two clearly loathe the sight of one another! :D It is nice to see them returning the the "scene of the crime". Camilla looks lovely and both look happy and content. Who cares if Camilla frequently or infrequently takes solo trips to her own family estate, or takes separate vacations with her friends and family. I would escape to with the daily dose of hateraid (thanks Glittering Tiaras for that one - I still love it!) imbibed by the staff of certain London daily rags.

Cat

Just like in the Caribbean, these two clearly loathe the sight of one another! :D It is nice to see them returning the the "scene of the crime". Camilla looks lovely and both look happy and content. Who cares if Camilla frequently or infrequently takes solo trips to her own family estate, or takes separate vacations with her friends and family. I would escape to with the daily dose of hateraid (thanks Glittering Tiaras for that one - I still love it!) imbibed by the staff of certain London daily rags.

Cat

So true Cat. Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall look very happy in their photos. They are a mature couple who live together as well as separate. I think Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall is doing A REMARKABLE JOB!Down with the gossip of the press!!!!:flowers:

Not exactly on the topic but during my today way to work I read in one of local yellow paper that C and C going divorce. First I thought that today is 1 April but not...

Before they can file for a divorce they must have a seperation of some time. Like in the case of Charles and Diana this seperation would be announced in parliament - so as long as you don't read about such an announcement in a serious paper or see TV-coverage of such an announcement in the House of Commons, then you may forget all about divorce rumours about Charles and Camilla. :flowers:

Friday, 22nd April 2208

The Prince of Wales will meet beneficiaries and staff of the Apnee Sehat Project during a visit to launch their Healthy Eating guide and open the new Outpatient Suite at the Muslim Resource Centre, Foleshill, Coventry.

From

Royal diary search results=

Talk about forward planning!!

Spend more time with me, Charles is told by Camilla (...but he’d rather be in the office) | the Daily Mail

The Mail is at it again, although in fairness the article isn't that bad. it is more about why they are arguing. I thought it was the interesting they are claiming the Queen has visited Raymill at least three times this year. Charles they are claiming twice ever.
Clearly this article is as accurate as the story in the Mail, stating that Catherine would NOT be attending Williams passing out/graduation! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wasn´t it the D.... Mail who tried to tell us some weeks ago that Charles and Camilla had arguments because they spend too much time togeher on the yacht during their Caribbean tour ?...
Now we could read the article that they have rows because they haven´t much time together ?...
The logic of my favourite tabloid...i can´t wait to read the article next week!:eek:

Again, we can not look inside their marriage. I only have an opinion when i see pics of them together. Yesterday i watched a report about William´s graduation ceremony on German tv. When you see there how the couple talk and smile to each other it´s out of my imagination that this marriage could be as bad as the D.... tabloid wants to show us.

But if the Mail repeat their articles about Charles and Camilla´s marriage now week by week, i´m sure they will be successful in painting a bad pic of the royal couple because the public will get ´their message´.
So they reach what they want to and that´s what it makes annoying for me again and again...:bang:

Spend more time with me, Charles is told by Camilla (...but he’d rather be in the office) | the Daily Mail

The Mail is at it again, although in fairness the article isn't that bad. it is more about why they are arguing. I thought it was the interesting they are claiming the Queen has visited Raymill at least three times this year. Charles they are claiming twice ever.
"Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall have had repeated clashes over his increasingly demanding work schedule, friends have disclosed."

I have a hard time believing that 'friends' of Charles and Camilla would disclose something like this to any newpasper. I would think that, being in the age bracket that they are, any friends of theirs have been in their lives for quite a while and are as unlikely to go to the press with stories about the royal couple as Charles and Camilla would be to do the same to them. :rolleyes:

Wow! I am going to be there. Wonderful photo op for me :D

Please, if you are able to take pictures, post some of them here, will you?:flowers: And please tell us of your opinion of the interaction between Charles and Camilla.

"Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall have had repeated clashes over his increasingly demanding work schedule, friends have disclosed."

I have a hard time believing that 'friends' of Charles and Camilla would disclose something like this to any newpasper. I would think that, being in the age bracket that they are, any friends of theirs have been in their lives for quite a while and are as unlikely to go to the press with stories about the royal couple as Charles and Camilla would be to do the same to them. :rolleyes:

Probably the Mail doesn't want to be caught again in a later disclosure of a marital fight when they portrayed the marriage as a perfect one like they did with Charles and Diana. Three years into the C&D marriage the whole thing had broken up, as we know today, but what is the situation with C&C? In case Charles and his crew did the same stunt again, the Mail is ready. Or so I think it's their reasoning.... :D

NOTW has jumped on the Mail's bandwagon, or so it seems. I love that neither paper can find a photograph to correspond with the story.:lol:

It's getting ugly with Camilla | News | News of the World

Cat
The ubiquitous source
A source said: "It's a case of Camilla pouring a drink, sitting in the corner and keeping out of the way on those occasions."
She also told friends she found a Caribbean tour that took in five countries in two weeks a "nightmare". One pal said: "Camilla argues she only ever wanted to be Charles' consort and not a full-time royal. She's started to tire of Charles' close friends. She finds them boring too."
Mmmm, we must be looking at different photos. They forget that most of Charles' friends were and continue to be Camilla's friends also! :whistling:

Probably the Mail doesn't want to be caught again in a later disclosure of a marital fight when they portrayed the marriage as a perfect one like they did with Charles and Diana. Three years into the C&D marriage the whole thing had broken up, as we know today, but what is the situation with C&C? In case Charles and his crew did the same stunt again, the Mail is ready. Or so I think it's their reasoning.... :D
I don't understand why they just can't portray the marriage as a normal one, not perfect but by all photographic evidence available a happy one. From what I can see all the Daily Mail is doing is providing a place for people who have nothing better to do with their lives than to wish ill on two people they don't know to vent and I think they know it. :bang:

She's started to tire of Charles' close friends. She finds them boring too
Why are they acting as though Charles and Camilla haven't known each other for over 30 years, have they not always belonged to the same circle of friends.

I don't understand why they just can't portray the marriage as a normal one, not perfect but by all photographic evidence available a happy one. From what I can see all the Daily Mail is doing is providing a place for people who have nothing better to do with their lives than to wish ill on two people they don't know to vent and I think they know it. :bang:

Why are they acting as though Charles and Camilla haven't known each other for over 30 years, have they not always belonged to the same circle of friends.

A normal happy marriage does not sell newspapers or magazines.;)

NOTW has jumped on the Mail's bandwagon, or so it seems. I love that neither paper can find a photograph to correspond with the story.:lol:

It's getting ugly with Camilla | News | News of the World

Australia's magzine "Women's weekly" has justed joined the rank. The magzine quoted the article of Daily mail then posted another coverstory of "the Globle"-Charles and Camilla: the 250 million divource. :bang:

I just wonder why these magazines are not interesting in presenting a happy marriage? Surely bad press causes more attention than positive ones.

Well, I dare to assume that Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall have to look happy in public, even if they are somewhat unhappy with each other in private. After all their story has been marketed as one of great true love that has stood the test of time. They have to maintain this image.
I have found the article rather stale and boring. Daily Mail sounds a bit like broken record.

I completely agree with this comment.

I was pretty surprised by these rumours of an unhappy marriage. From all the pictures I've seen of them, Charles and Camilla (especially Charles) appear quite happy.

After reading the Daily Mail articles though, I did think they made some sense. Charles hasn't ever demonstrated himself to be a particularly selfless and empathic person, and it's possible this is beginning to bother Camilla, but I strongly doubt she would ever divorce him because of this.

The articles were stale and boring because they were just rumour. Past royal divorces have shown you can't know much about the state of a marriage from public appearances, at least not until the marriage has reached breaking point. Of course they're going to appear happy in public and of course some tabloid is going to claim they're unhappy in private. Neither perspective reveals much of the truth, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom