The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 12:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Charles and Camilla: Current events 2: Sept - Oct 2005

Welcome to part 2 of the thread for current news and photos of Charles and Camilla.

Part 1 can be found here:

Charles and Camilla: Current events 1: Aug - Sept 2005

Old 09-12-2005, 08:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Charles talks of need for quiet life

JOHN INNES

THE Prince of Wales has spoken of the need for people to slow down and take more time for reflection. Prince Charles said he felt the pace of the modern world to be "frenetic".
http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=1925062005

Old 09-12-2005, 08:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Charles 'close friend' says Mugabe
By Colin Freeman
(Filed: 11/09/2005)

Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe has claimed to be a close friend of the Prince of Wales in a rare interview granted to British television.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...1/ixworld.html
Old 09-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

The Prince of Wales speaks during a visit to a pioneering restoration project at Woodchester Mansion, near Stroud, Gloucestershire,12 September, 2005. The Prince highlighted the critical shortage of workers in traditional trades during a visit to the project. Charles addressed around 75 delegates at the seminar on the future of traditional building skills

From getty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	196916   Click image for larger version

Name:	55384978.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	197134   Click image for larger version

Name:	55384989.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	197135   Click image for larger version

Name:	55385045.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	197136  

Name:	55385046.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	197137  
Old 09-12-2005, 01:36 PM
Gentry

From the official Homepage of The Prince of Wales:

THE DUCHESS OF CORNWALL TAKES ON NEW PATRONAGES

Her Royal Highness will become Patron of the following charities:

• Animal Care Trust (under the umbrella of The Royal Veterinary College)
• London Chamber Orchestra
• The Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists
• Youth Action Wiltshire
• Cornwall Community Foundation

The Duchess has also agreed to become President of Scotland’s Gardens Scheme based in Edinburgh, mirroring a similar role to The Prince of Wales who is Patron of the English equivalent, the National Gardens Scheme.

To me it´s well selected for not to clash too much with the memory of Diana.
All the best wishes for your new duties, Camilla !!!

BTW now that this thread is renamed is it right to post news in here or do we need a new thread for news? Sorry if I did wrong.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

No, this is fine, Gladys. Current events and news are the same thing; the reason the threads are being changed from "News and Pictures" to "Current Events" is that a lot of people were posting old pictures in the threads, which was getting in the way of the the news items and the discussions of them, as well as putting a severe strain on the site's bandwidth. So we're trying to encourage more discrimination in posting of pictures in the hope that we don't totally overload the site.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Gentry

thank you for explaining it, Elspeth
Old 09-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Commoner

Charles, Camilla and Diana.....

I was wondering.... I read in the past that Charles was so jealous of Diana and the attention she got because of her dresses, jewelry and hats. It also effected his self confidence. Now it seems the world is doing the same with Camillas wardrobe, hair, jewelry and hats. Does anyone out there see it happening again or has he matured enough to be proud of her instead of jealous. Everything in his life, since he was a small boy, has been revolved around him and I can see where it effected his thoughts with Diana and Iam hoping he has changed. I sometimes wonder if either he or Camilla have a guilty feeling over what they did to Diana. After all she was just a young girl marrying her prince and hoping for the best as we all do. But Camilla was the third party and not many marriages can stand that.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think Camilla is going to receive anything like the same sort of attention that Diana did, and she seems to be very happy in Charles's company and vice versa, so there may be fewer solo events for her anyway. I expect he and Charles know each other well enough by now for them to have a much greater level of mutual trust than Charles and Diana ever did.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I don't think Camilla is going to receive anything like the same sort of attention that Diana did, and she seems to be very happy in Charles's company and vice versa, so there may be fewer solo events for her anyway. I expect he and Charles know each other well enough by now for them to have a much greater level of mutual trust than Charles and Diana ever did.
I think Camilla is not interested in the limelight at all. She always wants a private life. Unlike Diana, she has no intention to upstage Charles. Charles knows that, their staff know that and their friends know that. So Charles will be not very upset about her engagements Camilla probably prefer public engagments with Charles other than her solo engagements. She may do some charity activites privately without too many media attention.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince stresses skills shortage
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/4236778.stm
Old 09-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladys
From the official Homepage of The Prince of Wales:

THE DUCHESS OF CORNWALL TAKES ON NEW PATRONAGES

Her Royal Highness will become Patron of the following charities:

• Animal Care Trust (under the umbrella of The Royal Veterinary College)
• London Chamber Orchestra
• The Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists
• Youth Action Wiltshire
• Cornwall Community Foundation

I love the way her duchy seems to be so important to her. she patronizes charities based there, visits there. she had ears of corn embroidered on her wedding dress.

this photo isnt really cornwall related. i just like it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	candc3smallie.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	197225  
Old 09-13-2005, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

pics from cahrles and camilla at the Association des Victoria Cross & George Cross. (photo-media)

http://photo-media.hanmail.net/200509/14/epakorea/20050914000006.363.0.jpg

http://photo-media.hanmail.net/200509/13/epakorea/20050913235405.568.0.jpg
Old 09-13-2005, 08:21 PM
Heir Apparent

More from getty
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	197303   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	197304   Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	197305   Click image for larger version

Name:	14.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	197306  

Old 09-13-2005, 08:24 PM
Heir Apparent

HRH The Prince of Wales, Prince Charles, speaks to tourists as he makes an impromptu visit to the Royal Collection at Buckingham Palace September 13, 2005 in London, England. As head of the board of trustees for the Royal Collection, the Prince wanted to welcome visitors from around the world who were visiting London and Buckinham Palace

From getty
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	21.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	197307   Click image for larger version

Name:	22.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	197308   Click image for larger version

Name:	23.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	197309   Click image for larger version

Name:	24.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	197310  

Old 09-13-2005, 10:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Charles and Camilla want to visit New Orleans

The royal couple will visit New York, Washington and San Francisco during their ten-day stay in the States this November - but want to add a trip to the south to meet grief-stricken victims of Hurricane Katrina.

more here: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/92062004.htm

Old 09-13-2005, 11:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
Prince Charles and Camilla want to visit New Orleans

The royal couple will visit New York, Washington and San Francisco during their ten-day stay in the States this November - but want to add a trip to the south to meet grief-stricken victims of Hurricane Katrina.

more here: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/92062004.htm
are you serious about that! but Prince Charles and Camilla wanted to paid respect to grief New Orleans also! oh good grief

Sara Boyce
Old 09-14-2005, 12:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think it is wonderful, it would brighted up the day of some of the survivors. Most people there live in poverty, and will probably never have a means to visit other countrys. It would be once in a lifetime to meet a royal especially Prince Charles.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think if they went to the USA and didn't try to visit New Orleans, they'd be criticised for being heartless. Since the hurricane happened in August, there were probably a number of British tourists who were affected, and like every other US city, there'll be an expatriate population living there.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:03 AM
Majesty

Another reason I think they should go is that by the time they get to the US the hurricane will be old news around the rest of the world. It virtually is here in Australia now with it hardly rating a mention. But a visit by the heir to the British throne to the area would at least put it on the news again for a day or so and reawaken people's awareness of the continuing need for help, just as his visit to Sri Lanka did with the tsunami.

I have a friend who works for the Red Cross and after I suggested this on a Royal board a week or so ago I was shot down in flames with posters saying that because the people of the area are poor and most wouldn't even know who he was (!) it would be useless for Charles and Camilla to go there. Some even said that it would be just a PR stunt for them to go. A day or so later I was talking to her about this issue and she said that in the week or so after his visit to Sri Lanka was published donations to the tsunami appeal had a large spike. He went there in February by which time many people had stopped giving and the injection of extra donations was welcome.

Maybe a visit by them then would do the same thing internationally - give it a bit more of a profile. It might boost morale to know that the heir to the British throne even knew about the suffering etc.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales