Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 5: September-October 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't anything on the monarchy website about upcoming engagements for Camilla and Charles but you do hear Charles in the news making speeches etc. Are all the engagements on the calendar? I can't believe the Queen would let them sit out a couple of months since everybody else has a full calendar.

Which tiara do you suppose? I am sure she will not wear any of the tiaras that Diana ever wore...if nothing else...so that there is no comparison.

Good question. I think the Queen has a lot more tiaras than she uses. I think some of the more bejeweled and ornate tiaras are semi-retired.

I'd love to see the Dagmar set on somebody. I've heard about it but never seen it.

God help us one and all......Chuckie and Cam are coming to the States for an official visit and he will be interviewed by the American TV show "60 Minutes". Apparently, they have carte blanche on the questions they may ask him. No word if the mrs. will be joining him on the show.

Just wondering, doesn't she get her own tiara?:rolleyes:

Lady Marmalade said:
he will be interviewed by the American TV show "60 Minutes". Apparently, they have carte blanche on the questions they may ask him.

That could be interesting. Well 60 minutes is no fluffy newsshow. If Mike Wallace is still around, it could make for an interesting interview but somehow I think they'll put Ed with Charles. Camilla is probably a better interviewee though.

ysbel said:
That could be interesting. Well 60 minutes is no fluffy newsshow. If Mike Wallace is still around, it could make for an interesting interview but somehow I think they'll put Ed with Charles. Camilla is probably a better interviewee though.

Charles is going to be on 60 Minutes?? They are going to put him through the ringer unless the courtiers can get the show to back off!! This is going to be quite interesting!!! Talk about going before a firing squad!! This is beyond Charles' usual shooting himself in the foot!!

Lady Marmalade said:
God help us one and all......Chuckie and Cam are coming to the States for an official visit and he will be interviewed by the American TV show "60 Minutes". Apparently, they have carte blanche on the questions they may ask him. No word if the mrs. will be joining him on the show.

Wow. Cool...I'll be very interested to see how the interview goes. When is the official visit and interview to take place? Hopefully, they show the interview as soon as it's done...I'm very curious to see how it goes. (I don't mean to sound dumb but....What's a "carte blanche"?)

BeccaLynn07 said:
Wow. Cool...I'll be very interested to see how the interview goes. When is the official visit and interview to take place? Hopefully, they show the interview as soon as it's done...I'm very curious to see how it goes. (I don't mean to sound dumb but....What's a "carte blanche"?)

Carte Blanche means free reign, no restrictions.

ysbel said:
Good question. I think the Queen has a lot more tiaras than she uses. I think some of the more bejeweled and ornate tiaras are semi-retired.

I'd love to see the Dagmar set on somebody. I've heard about it but never seen it.

There is a huge discussion in the Royal Jewels subforum on just this issue.

There will ba a gala dinner at Buckingham palace and a banquet (probably only black tie and no tiaras) at the Guild Hall (sp?) during the Norwegian visit. Most probably King Harald will give Camilla the Order of St Olav as he has given it to other wifes of Heirs (like Mathilde) and he wont make a difference. Camilla and Charles will also have Haakon and Mette-Marit for tea in their home. (This is what is reported in Norwegian press today but I cannot find the original press release)

I also think the queen will give camilla the order but I think it will be in four or five years. Sophie only got hers I believe recently and she has been married for years.

Sophie's RFO

seto said:
I also think the Queen will give Camilla the Order but I think it will be in four or five years. Sophie only got hers I believe recently and she has been married for years.
We don't know exactly when Sophie received her Royal Family Order. We just know she wore it for the first time in public in Copenhagen in May 2004. It must have been a very proud moment, knowing that every Royal (and Royal Watcher) would recognise the significance of what she had pinned to her gown.

tiaraprin said:
Carte Blanche means free reign, no restrictions.

Thanks for explaining, tiarapin. Woo...this makes the interview sound even more interesting. I'm looking forward to it for sure now.

The 60 minutes interview has already been done. It was done at Highgrove I think. Prince Charles chose an american program to do the interview because americans are more willing to give second chances and focus on the now and future not the past. Prince Charles is the only one doing the interview. He talks about Diana, his boys, what he is currently doing and his new wife Camilla. I think it will be a great interview. It is charles first TV interview since confessing to adultery. They have a lot to talk about and I think it will be good.

I can't wait to see it as well. What could he possibly have to say about Diana?!

He talks about Diana,???????? he never talks about diana, diana never existed for him.

Diana did exist to him. Charles did love Diana but he did not lust for her and his love for her was more of a friendly mother of my children love. I do not know what he has to say about Diana but charles never got to defend himself and I do not think he will defend himself in this but i do not know he has to say.

Pointless speculation

Rather than speculate about what Charles may or may not have to say in the interview we will just wait for it to be broadcast.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums Moderator

Princejonnhy25 said:
because americans are more willing to give second chances and focus on the now and future not the past.

Thats gotta be a joke! Where the Royals are concerned the majority of americans are firmly planted in the past. Most particularly pre 1997.

ysbel said:
There isn't anything on the monarchy website about upcoming engagements for Camilla and Charles but you do hear Charles in the news making speeches etc. Are all the engagements on the calendar? I can't believe the Queen would let them sit out a couple of months since everybody else has a full calendar.

Just bringing this question back. Does anyone know when Charles and Camilla's next engagement is?

When are they coming to the US?

Princejonnhy25 said:
The 60 minutes interview has already been done. It was done at Highgrove I think. Prince Charles chose an american program to do the interview because americans are more willing to give second chances and focus on the now and future not the past. Prince Charles is the only one doing the interview. He talks about Diana, his boys, what he is currently doing and his new wife Camilla. I think it will be a great interview. It is charles first TV interview since confessing to adultery. They have a lot to talk about and I think it will be good.

Thank you for the update.

I cannot wait to see it.

I think part of the reason they chose the U.S. is, Charles has not been here other than for Ronald Reagan's funeral last year, to visit in any official capacity for years.

They chose the U.S. for a few reasons, I heard.

One, because Diana was so popular here they are looking to make inroads and shore up the Prince's popularity here.

Two, it is a major test of the Duchess's acceptance, if she can make here in the U.S. and win over the American people, it will give her status a firmer platform on which to stand on.

I know they are staying at the White House....so it will be interesting.

And you know the American press will be all over them when they visit...

At the moment there is no engagements of The Duchess on the Prince's website until December 7th it just have this:
Wednesday, 12th October
  • The Prince of Wales, President, The Prince of Wales's Foundation for Integrated Health, will meet patients and staff as he reopens the Royal London Homeopathic Hospital, 60 Great Ormond Street, London, WC1.
  • The Prince of Wales, President, The Prince of Wales's Foundation for Integrated Health, will address the inaugural meeting of the Foundation's GP Associates, St James's Palace, London, SW1.
Wednesday, 7th December
  • The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall attend the World Premiere of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in aid of the Cinema and Television Benevolent Fund, The Royal Albert Hall, London

Americans definetly give second chances more. But, I kinda wish Barbra Walters did the interview. That would get much more publicity than 60 minutes.

Princejonnhy25 said:

He is going to talk about Diana?? Oh, I don't want to hear his excuses and untruths. How is this interview going to effect William and Harry?? What effect is this going to have on The Queen and the Monarchy? Did Her Majesty approve of this interview?

tiaraprin said:
He is going to talk about Diana?? Oh, I don't want to hear his excuses and untruths. How is this interview going to effect William and Harry?? What effect is this going to have on The Queen and the Monarchy? Did Her Majesty approve of this interview?

As we don't know what's been said in the interview, nobody can say that Charles speaks any untruths about Diana, their relationship or anything or anybody else.

And seven, eight years after her death, and now that he is married to the woman he really loves and his sons are doing well, Charles has no real need to say anything negative about Diana. She isn't alive to counter anything he has to say, so he has everything (or at least popularity points) to say positive things about her. And he may actually mean these things he says about his ex-wife! (Imagine that!)

Well certainly their father's own words about his life, their lives, or Camilla can't be worst than what the tabloids say about William and Harry on a weekly basis.

I would think that St. James' Palace would not let Charles do something stupid on such a public scale. And in that sense, they would be protecting the Queen and the monarchy.

Americans are more forgiving. We love a comeback! On another note..its is extremely risky...I believe that Charles's advisers used to refer to America as Dianaland!

Zonk1189 said:
Americans are more forgiving. We love a comeback! On another note..its is extremely risky...I believe that Charles's advisers used to refer to America as Dianaland!

Well, he's the future king and he's going to have to go to America sometime. As King and head of state he will need to visit and receive other heads of state. He'll need to put the drama of the last years aside to do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom