Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 5: September-October 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love her hat and she wears it splendidly!

grevinnan

Think the hat is a bit big and can understand the references to captain hook. It looks a bit like a cecil beaton hat for my fair lady. The shoes and pearls and the colour blue are beautifull.
wonder if it is still philip tracey who designs her hats.

Is this story about Laura Parker Bowles getting engaged real or just a rumour? If the latter, I think it's too early to start posting about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elspeth said:
Is this story about Laura Parker Bowles getting engaged real or just a rumour? If the latter, I think it's too early to start posting about it.

i think its would be rumor about Camilla's daughter getting married you would read in royalarchive about it! if im correct or im mistakes because Laura been dating to her boyfriend for nine years to former model but i think its would have another wedding really soon after her brother's wedding! im tell you the truth!

Sara Boyce

CAMILLA MAKES A HEADY FASHION STATEMENT
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/09/19/camillaandcharles/

camillahat-dop1a.jpg

camillahat-dop2a.jpg

camillahat-dop3a.jpg

I wonder if they tested that hat out in a wind tunnel?

I think the hat is great but I would like to see her go through a doorway or get into a car!

With that dark blue coat and hat with plumes (albeit blue rather than white), I wonder if she's sending a hint to the Queen about maybe being made a Lady of the Garter one of these days.

Surely she had the hat on when they arrived? (I can't see her bringing the hat and then stopping somewhere to stick it on her head.)

Last edited:
She sure is making a statement--I don't mind it actually--it's only a little too big!

This hat is a bit too big. Her hats are her trademark and I personnally prefer that she experiments with them instead of with her clothes. She can have all the excentric hats she wants, I just don't wish to see her in a see-through or mini-skirt.

You're right Elspeth: she might be sending a hint to the Queen about maybe being made a Lady of the Garter or she can be showing the Queen that she can gracefully handle big things on her head : a hat today, maybe a beautiful and precious tiara tomorrow?

More pictures from Sunday (Getty Images)

Attachments

• 55713492.jpg
    55713492.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 174
  • 55714286.jpg
    55714286.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 155
  • 55714280.jpg
    55714280.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 55714279.jpg
    55714279.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 55714278.jpg
    55714278.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 216
  • 55714275.jpg
    55714275.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 252
  • 55714277.jpg
    55714277.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 55714273.jpg
    55714273.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 218
  • 55714269.jpg
    55714269.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 55713491.jpg
    55713491.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 216
More pictures (Getty Images)

Attachments

• 55716248.jpg
    55716248.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 221
  • 55719621.jpg
    55719621.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 191
  • 55721562.jpg
    55721562.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 55721570.jpg
    55721570.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 164
  • 55721550.jpg
    55721550.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 55721553.jpg
    55721553.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 55721566.jpg
    55721566.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 55722973.jpg
    55722973.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 290
  • 55722975.jpg
    55722975.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 192
iowabelle said:
Surely she had the hat on when they arrived? (I can't see her bringing the hat and then stopping somewhere to stick it on her head.)
I saw the Prince and Camilla inside the car on that day, and she was wearing THAT. :)

Elspeth said:
With that dark blue coat and hat with plumes (albeit blue rather than white), I wonder if she's sending a hint to the Queen about maybe being made a Lady of the Garter one of these days.

Her Majesty would never consider making her a Lady of the Garter. That would desecrate the oldest institution of chivalry in the world. If Charles gets his chance to be king, he will make her one:mad:

Does anybody know why there are no further engagements planned for the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall?

tiaraprin said:
Her Majesty would never consider making her a Lady of the Garter. That would desecrate the oldest institution of chivalry in the world. If Charles gets his chance to be king, he will make her one:mad:

well, that's pretty subjective. I think the queen will make her a knight in a few years time. once she's "earned" it by carrying it out lots of royal duties. it would look better for Elizabeth to do it, rather than Camilla's own husband.

the consort of the king can't not be a knight. it would be very strange.

tiaraprin said:

Who knows? The Queen may decide to desecrate the Order by bestowing it on Camilla ;) but if she follows precedent of previous monarchs, its not likely she will.

Queen Alexander was bestowed the honor by Edward VIII, as were Queen Mary by George V and the Queen Mother by George VI so there's an excellent chance of Charles bestowing the Order on his wife. But monarchs haven't really bestowed the Order of the Garter on their daughters-in-law whether they liked the daughters-in-law or not.

Re:

Camilla's hat for the Battle of Britain event was amazing! She has the face for hats and looks absolutely amazing in her big feathery creations.

Hmm, the Lady of the Garter issue. Whether people like it or not, she's his wife - it's only natural for him to want to give her the world - and the LG too!

Didn't she wear the same hat with a white dress earlier in the summer, I think it was VE day.

Yes, it was a repeat Philip Treacy hat.

Call me crazy...I can't see the Queen making Camilla a Lady of the Garter. I can see her giving Camilla the family order in a year or so....but not a Lady of the Garter. Diana received her at 16 months. Not to compare the two...but Diana did hit the ground running. She is going to need to do a lot more public service before she receives that. The Princes Royal has it...does the Duchess of Gloucester? She has worked for hard for the family the last twenty years or so.

Zonk1189 said:
Call me crazy...I can't see the Queen making Camilla a Lady of the Garter. I can see her giving Camilla the family order in a year or so. She is going to need to do a lot more public service before she receives that. The Princes Royal has it...does the Duchess of Gloucester?
If we are talking about the Royal Family Order, these have it:
Princess Royal
Countess of Wessex (last year, first worn at Danish Wedding function)
Duchess of Gloucester (1973)
Duchess of Kent
Princess Alexandra

KGs: Anne (1994) and Alexandra (a big honour for her in 2003).

Warren said:
If we are talking about the Royal Family Order, these have it:
Princess Royal
Countess of Wessex (last year, first worn at Danish Wedding function)
Duchess of Gloucester (1973)
Duchess of Kent
Princess Alexandra

KGs: Anne (1994) and Alexandra (a big honour for her in 2003).

what about Princess Diana? she wores since 1983 and 1992 till she got separation and divorces im not sure about it

Sara Boyce

sara1981 said:
what about Princess Diana? she wores since 1983 and 1992 till she got separation and divorces im not sure about it
Sara Boyce
Sara
I was only listing those who currently have the Royal Family Order.
If we include recently-deceased Royals, we have:
The Queen Mother
Princess of Wales
Princess Margaret
Princess Alice of Gloucester

The Queen could love Camilla like a daughter and I still don't think she'd give her the Order of the Garter. No King or Queen has given the Order to their daughter-in-law before. The Queen broke precedent by giving it to Anne and Alexandra but they were her flesh and blood.

If she gives it to Camilla and Charles and Camilla later divorce (not likely but possible) that would create an awkward situation. Giving it to her blood relatives is less risky. Anne divorced but she was still the Queen's daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom