Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 5: September-October 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But in a few months they might want a paycheck more and Charles and Camilla can give a small boost to the economy and an pat on the back at the same time. (If the infostructure is up by the time they visit)

pollyemma said:
These two important people taking time to visit people and see the devastation with their own eyes will encourage the victims by showing them that the international community cares for their plight.

Actually, many countries have shown us great kindness. The Mexican Army sent troops to Biloxi, Miss., and they were joined there by the Dutch Navy. Jamaica is sending 30 of its military engineers. Even countries ravaged by the tsunami have sent food and other assistance.

What is needed is volunteerism, money and supplies.

Well, but Iowabelle, having Charles and Camilla go there doesn't preclude the victims getting aid, though. It isn't a case of one or the other but not both. And a visit from an internationally known person can help increase donations like it did in Indonesia after the tsunami.

Last edited:
I have to question how much attention this visit will get. I bet more people would be interested in Jennifer Lopez or the Beckhams going to New Orleans (I know, heresy on this board).

I think I've said everything I can say on this topic... and to prove I'm not hateful to Charles or Camilla, I will say that in his interview Prince Harry said lovely things about Camilla, so something must be going right in their family IMO.

I do hope so; they could probably do with a quiet life for a while!

Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales and the Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall arrive at Richmond on September 14, 2005 for a series of visits in the town celebrating the 850th anniversary of the market town's Royal Charter in Richmond, North Yorkshire, England.
Pictures from Abacausa Press:

Attachments

• 407128.jpg
    407128.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 216
  • 407129.jpg
    407129.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 407130.jpg
    407130.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 407132.jpg
    407132.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 407133.jpg
    407133.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 177
  • 407131.jpg
    407131.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 407135.jpg
    407135.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 189
Last edited by a moderator:
I love that necklace. I'm glad she wears it so often. it's very regal.

Charles and Camilla gets a taste for life in Richmond
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/09/15/charlesandcamilla/

charles-dop1a.jpg

charles-dop2a.jpg

iowabelle said:
How much money will this condolence trip cost, and who will pay for it?

It would be better to make a significant contribution to relief and assistance for the survivors.

Giving money is one thing, but showing up in person is different. Everyone can give money, but for a royal to take the time and visit is amazing. The survivors told interviews that seeing celebrities there showed them that they really cared. How much money do red cross volunteers pay for gas and other expenses just to get to the area devistated by the hurricane? The amount of money spent to get there shouldn't be a factor, bringing joy to even one person should be worth more than any amount the trip costs.

He could have come up with something better than "slower food, not faster food" in my opinion. I like what he had to say, but that last comment kinda threw me off for a second.

Elspeth said:
I think if they went to the USA and didn't try to visit New Orleans, they'd be criticised for being heartless.

I agree with you Elspeth.

I think some will appreciate it. Remember the African-American woman in Washington who got a visit from the Queen in her poor rundown neighborhood? She hugged the Queen with as much gusto as she could and went out screaming, "I got a Queen in my house! I got a Queen in my house!" I don't think she cared anything about the Queen till she found out she was coming for a visit. :D

I heard that they are reopening some parts of NO next week. If Charles and Camilla go down it could be a much needed boast for the economy and also a nice pat on the back to those effected. If they go down spend one night the people who work in hotels and restuarants will have work, (plus anyone else that goes down to see them). It might start a trickle of tourism back in the city. I also think since many of those people spent so many days wondering where the help was, it might be nice to know that the international community was there for them. If they were going down this weekend I don't think it would be appropriate but if they are going down in a month (?). It would be nice for them to visit NO (or one of the other effected cities)

I wonder if they're still coming to the World Trade Center site. It's in my neighborhood. I'd be curious. Has a member of the BRF visited New York?

ysbel said:
I wonder if they're still coming to the World Trade Center site. It's in my neighborhood. I'd be curious. Has a member of the BRF visited New York?
I think Princess Anne had visited NY some years ago maybe in 2003?, ysbel

If they really want to see devastation and people who need help, they could go to Mississippi. They still don't have TENTS for survivors to shelter under.

Maybe they will. Who knows?

ysbel said:

They are supposed to visit ground zero with President Bush. They will be touring the US, and it is one of the stops.

ysbel said:

Prince Andrew was here shortly after 9/11. The Duchess of York was actually in New York City and scheduled to go to the World Trade Center that day to her offices on the 106th floor for her charity "Children in Crisis". The Duchess' red haired doll was found among the rubble salvaged at the site.

I live only 35 miles from where the Twin Towers stood. Ysabel isn't far from me.

ysbel said:
I agree with you Elspeth.

I think some will appreciate it.
I don't know... on another forum they had posted an article (from a tabloid) saying that C&C were planning to go to New Orleans, and for about two pages they were harshly criticized for being insensitive and heartless to even think about going. They can never win. :rolleyes:

Britain's Prince Charles, and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, arrive to attend a service commemorating the 65th anniversary of the Battle of Britain at West Minister Abbey in London, Sunday, Sept. 18, 2005
Frist pictures from AAP Image:
I think this is the hat that The Duchess wore when she appeared on the Balcony of BK on 10th July at 60th Anniversary of the end of WWII, but not the same outfit, the outfit was worn at the 200th Anniversary of Trafalgar on 28th June and Maritime Day on 20th July:

Attachments

• BRITAIN_ANNIVERSARY_BATTL_2.jpg
    BRITAIN_ANNIVERSARY_BATTL_2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 554
  • BRITAIN_ANNIVERSARY_BATTL_3.jpg
    BRITAIN_ANNIVERSARY_BATTL_3.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 470
  • BRITAIN_ANNIVERSARY_BATTLE_.jpg
    BRITAIN_ANNIVERSARY_BATTLE_.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 480
  • BRITAIN_ANNIVERSARY_BATTL_4.jpg
    BRITAIN_ANNIVERSARY_BATTL_4.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
All she needs is the hook lol.

That hat is downright scary. Perhaps she's better off sticking to feathery haloes.

That is some hat on Camilla! :eek: It probably needed its own chair at the memorial!

I wonder if all the royal ladies got a memo recently that this fall big (the bigger the better apparently) hats are in. Maxima wore that ginormous red hat to Pieter-Christiaan and Anita's wedding, Elena attended a wedding this weekend and for someone who doesn't normally wear hats, chose a pretty big hat. And now Camilla's navy feathery creation.

At least if it rains all these royal ladies could keep dry (probably a few people could keep dry) beneath their hats! :D

What a hat!:eek: I know I can't wear a hat like that my head had fall of!

Alexandria said:
That is some hat on Camilla! :eek: It probably needed its own chair at the memorial!

I wonder if all the royal ladies got a memo recently that this fall big (the bigger the better apparently) hats are in. Maxima wore that ginormous red hat to Pieter-Christiaan and Anita's wedding, Elena attended a wedding this weekend and for someone who doesn't normally wear hats, chose a pretty big hat. And now Camilla's navy feathery creation.

At least if it rains all these royal ladies could keep dry (probably a few people could keep dry) beneath their hats! :D

That's a hat????? It's a bit much. I do like her dress and coat though. As for Elena, don't you remember the hat she wore to her sister's wedding? That was huge!

She looks as though she's got a labrador on her head. I wouldn't like to have been the person sitting behind her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom