Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 22: November 2007-March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is awesome how The Prince wore a yamuka specially made for him, with the Prince of Wales Feathers! He can keep it forever and maybe pass it on to the next Prince of Wales, as it could well come in handy for such future occasions! ;)

CasiraghiTrio that is such a nice post. Thank you for it.
I do respect Prince Charles' work and his good meaning to all religions.:flowers:

I enjoyed the photos of Charles and Camilla playing with the children and lighting the menorah at the chanukkah party.

Last edited:
She would probably love to muck her out and groom her. The trouble the trainer will have, is stopping her from wanting a ride! :D :ROFLMAO:

Is Camilla too heavy to ride the young horse? Or will Royal Superlative be ridden in a way Camilla can't? Or is it just that a race horse is not ridden by anyone else but the training jockeys? Or is the horse too fast for her to ride?
Just wondering where's the problem.

^ As I understand it, Royal Superlative is a racehorse. So that means that this horse is not for leisure riding. The horse will train hard like all racehorses, and have a jockey ride him/her, but the purpose is not at all for The Duchess or the Prince to ride this horse. They are hoping to make money from this horse. Where money is to be made, they will not accept the risk of injury to the horse. The horse's purpose for them is to train hard and win a race and earn them lots of money.

But I imagine, like Jo says, that Camilla will take a strong interest in this horse's training. And if the horse is to train at her home (Ray Mill??) that will be very exciting for her, watching the training sessions and stuff. Maybe not cleaning stalls or washing the horse. She may like that sometimes but.... she may draw a line at cleaning the horse poop. :D

Last edited:
Is Camilla too heavy to ride the young horse? Or will Royal Superlative be ridden in a way Camilla can't? Or is it just that a race horse is not ridden by anyone else but the training jockeys? Or is the horse too fast for her to ride?
Just wondering where's the problem.
No, she is not too heavy and although Camilla is taller than most jockeys, (yes really), she could adapt to the very short stirrup length, although from her normal seat, it would feel really strange. Most trainers will use a few different stable boys/girls to ride during training and will try one or two professional jockeys before deciding on who they would like to use in a race.

Trainers do not like anyone but their chosen employees or jockeys to ride their charges, as it can confuse the young horses.

CasiraghiTrio - Racehorses here tend to be kept in loose boxes and I expect Camilla is like the rest of the horsey brigade, we have no problem with dealing with horse dung, it smells rather nice, (not as a perfume though). :D

The racehorse will still be considered young in terms of a hunter or jumper when it retires from racing. Do they race much past 5 in England? She could then have a second career as a horse for C. My best horse ever was a retired race horse, subsequently a timber chaser, subsequently a 3 day event horse, subsequently a high Amateur horse (1.4m) for me for 11 years. Could be great fun for Camilla.

The racehorse will still be considered young in terms of a hunter or jumper when it retires from racing. Do they race much past 5 in England? She could then have a second career as a horse for C. My best horse ever was a retired race horse, subsequently a timber chaser, subsequently a 3 day event horse, subsequently a high Amateur horse (1.4m) for me for 11 years. Could be great fun for Camilla.
Very few race past 6 but some have raced successfully up to 10! Must 'winners' are used for breeding but many more are sold as 3 day eventers or for meat! :eek:

Prince Charles gets his hands on a tattooed lady

Dec 21 2007 by Laura Wright, South Wales Echo

THE Duchess of Cornwall was quick to get to the bottom of what was going on between her husband and a tattooed lady.

But Camilla had no need to worry as Linda Taylor was simply saying hello to Prince Charles as the Royal couple played host to children from South Wales children’s hospice Ty Hafan.

Prince Charles gets his hands on a tattooed lady - icWales

Cute story :angel: Its nice when you hear stories how much they brightened someones day.

I hope in 2008 the Prince and Duchess visit more of the Commonwealth countries. I'm glad they have visited the countries they did in 2007, but I would like to see them raise their profile more in the Commonwealth countries.

Very few race past 6 but some have raced successfully up to 10! Must 'winners' are used for breeding but many more are sold as 3 day eventers or for meat! :eek:

Skydragon, that's one of the most terrible things I've ever heard! For meat!! I know they do that kind of thing in France and Japan, but in England, my favorite land of the horse! Say it isnt so! It would break my heart.

I hope in 2008 the Prince and Duchess visit more of the Commonwealth countries. I'm glad they have visited the countries they did in 2007, but I would like to see them raise their profile more in the Commonwealth countries.

I'm sure both Charles & Camilla would love to visit more Commonwealth countries. But the problem is that all trips abroad by members of the Royal Family - especially to Commonwealth countries - are decided on by the Queen & her Private Secretary in consultation with the Prime Minister & the Foreign Office. If the Queen doesn't wish to send them to a country - they don't go.

^ Well, I don't like that they are involved in horse racing but it's not possible for me to like everything about everyone's personal choices. I don't like horse racing period, but I'm outnumbered, so....... :cool:

Trianahope, those pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing them.

"But the premier guest will be His Royal Highness Prince Charles and wife Camilla who will make Jamaica a stop during their visit to the region in March"

so does this mean Prince Charles and Camilla will visit Jamaica this March? I am still guessing what countries will they visit this year? My top wish is to be their visit to China during the Olympics Games in Beijing.

Jamaica Gleaner News - Something extra - Friday | January 4, 2008

Well I'd say they're touring the Carribean 'cos it says they're visiting the region. So if Jamaica is one stop I'd say it'll be the Commonwealth countries in that part of the world. Which makes sense.

^ Well, I don't like that they are involved in horse racing but it's not possible for me to like everything about everyone's personal choices. I don't like horse racing period, but I'm outnumbered, so....... :cool:

What's your problem with horse racing???? Its a noble sport that keeps thousands of people throughout the world employed!:glare:

Where did you get that hat? Prince reveals all
January 5

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall returned from a series of overseas vists last year weighed down with expensive and sometimes impractical gifts, ranging from an Arab stallion to a pistol, Clarence House reveals today.

Where did you get that hat? Prince reveals all - Times Online

millaCa,
Thanks for the article!:flowers:
Times Online is a reputable source of information, isn't it? I for one think that the article sounds somewhat rude and ungrateful. It is unacceptable to comment on any gifts in such manner.
I am curious whether the Clarence House has officially authorized this article. If yes, what is the purpose of this article?

Last edited:
millaCa,
I am grateful for providing additional information.:flowers::flowers:
Once again I am puzzled why the Clarence House has published the list of the gifts given during trips abroad. Although I do understand inconvenience of storing all these impractical gifts, it is still impolite to provide comments on presents and compare them.
Well … perhaps, it is acceptable in Europe though. I have recently read an article stating that Frenchmen sell gifts they consider impractical.

millaCa,
Thanks for the article!:flowers:
Times Online is a reputable source of information, isn't it? I for one think that the article sounds somewhat rude and ungrateful. Is is unacceptable to comment on any gifts in such manner?
I am curious whether the Clarence House has officially authorized this article. If yes, what is the purpose of this article?
CH publishes a list of the gifts they have received because the law states they must. The comments made by the author are not approved by CH and show, once again, that some authors have a distinct lack of manners. :flowers:

As you will see from the official disclosure, no comments are made, just a straightforward list.

Last edited:
millaCa,
I am grateful for providing additional information.:flowers::flowers:
Once again I am puzzled why the Clarence House has published the list of the gifts given during trips abroad. Although I do understand inconvenience of storing all these impractical gifts, it is still impolite to provide comments on presents and compare them.
Well … perhaps, it is acceptable in Europe though. I have recently read an article stating that Frenchmen sell gifts they consider impractical.

Ever since 2003 when Prince Charles was falsely accused of selling off official gifts Clarence House has publicised the gifts he receives each year. Strictly speaking the Queen should also publicise a list but doesn't. In the same way that the audit of the gifts she received between 1999-2002, which was supposed to have been made after the Prince Charles gift 'scandal' never got published either.

Ever since 2003 when Prince Charles was falsely accused of selling off official gifts Clarence House has publicised the gifts he receives each year. Strictly speaking the Queen should also publicise a list but doesn't. In the same way that the audit of the gifts she received between 1999-2002, which was supposed to have been made after the Prince Charles gift 'scandal' never got published either.

I guess Her Majesty figures, hey, if it ain't broke, why fix it? :D If anyone wants to see her official gifts, they can audit the Royal Collection, whose system is so accountable and flawless, they could produce a list with punching a few buttons on a computer and printing it up for anyone to see.

Ever since 2003 when Prince Charles was falsely accused of selling off official gifts Clarence House has publicised the gifts he receives each year.
Although speechless, I am not totally surprised. I assume that the loyal employees of the Clarence House created yet another awkward situation.:rolleyes:

I guess Charles and Camilla will have quite a jolly time when they read the papers at their breakfast-table tomorrow morning:

When Naomi met Hugo - The Scotsman

When Naomi met Hugo

By TRISTAN STEWART-ROBERTSON
ONE is known for aiming her fiery temper at personal assistants, the other for using fierce rhetoric against world leaders.
Now, in what could well be one of the least likely interviews of 2008, supermodel Naomi Campbell has "grilled" Venezuela's president Hugo Chávez about everything from the Duchess of Cornwall's looks to Fidel Castro's fashion sense.

Quote from the article:

Mr Chávez was keen to find out more about the Royal Family, asking Campbell: "Do you know Prince Charles?" When she replied that she had met him and had known Diana, Mr Chávez declared: "I like the prince. Now he has Camilla, his new girl. She's not as attractive, is she?"

End of quote.

Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom