The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Courtier

Kaballah Camilla: Duchess sports a new bracelet - just like Madonna's | the Daily Mail

What a rubbish...

Old 11-25-2007, 07:21 PM

A little find; Camilla has the Saskatchewan Centennial Medal. I didn't know that until today.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
It was just an observation enhanced by some explanations. Duchess of Cornwall does have "a simple red and woven bracelet on the wrist", which is very similar to Madonna's. It does not necessarily mean that she is going to follow the Kaballah.
The Duchess of Cornwall,please.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde View Post
Royal tape case and a new turn | the Daily Mail (see the second story down for Philip Treacy's OBE at Clarence House)

Hopefully this link will work better...
Interesting... the article without any acid comments in regard to Philip Treacy and his star client Duchess of Cornwall has been written by Richard Kay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Yes she is, but some cultures do not count the partner as important enough to mention. I don't know if this is the case here but even Phillip barely gets a mention on some trips.
You are so right ...
It was just an observation enhanced by some explanations. Duchess of Cornwall does have "a simple red and woven bracelet on the wrist", which is very similar to Madonna's.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:37 PM

The red bracelet was a gift from the Hindu temple they visited and Camilla's decided to keep it on. I think thats quite sweet.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for resolving "a simple red and woven bracelet" controversy.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:14 AM
Royal Highness

Here you can see Charles and Camilla´s Christmas card for this year:

Do they know it´s Christmas? Charles and Camilla send their greetings with a distinctly unseasonal photo

Do they know it's Christmas? Charles and Camilla send their greetings with a distinctly unseasonal photo | the Daily Mail

... and you can read the article of the D.... Mail, or you can save to do it....
Old 12-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Another lovely card from Charles and Camilla.

I don't think anyone at the Dirty Mail needs to worry about receiving one.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:33 AM

Well, with all do respect, I like The Prince and The Duchess very much, but the Christmas card is a disappointment compared to other years. In the past, their cards really strike me in an emotional way, but this one is just like any other picture. No amount of sycophancy can make me say the card is "great as the others".
Old 12-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Royal Highness

It´s not my wish to convince you CasiraghiTrio, and all the more not in a sycophantically way...
....but maybe they don´t want a pic from a big event and they chose a pic that shows their daily happiness together, maybe more special than every posed photo could be.(Only my opinion.)
Old 12-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Well, with all do respect, I like The Prince and The Duchess very much, but the Christmas card is a disappointment compared to other years. In the past, their cards really strike me in an emotional way, but this one is just like any other picture. No amount of sycophancy can make me say the card is "great as the others".
None of the cards they send are 'christmasy', thank goodness. None of the cards could be called 'emotional', apart from their wedding.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:02 PM

I think we have to bear in mind the fact that a large proportion of anyone's list contains those of a secular or athiest persuasion, not to mention the need for 'Happy Holidays'. The card is safe and can be used for all recipients of whatever faith, just to wish a happy new year or the added Crimbo greeting. It seems a sensible choice though I'm not a fan of the photograph and would have much preferred a posed portrait.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Do they know it´s Christmas? Charles and Camilla send their greetings with a distinctly unseasonal photo
Some people are reduce to critisize even the Christmas card! I can't believe how ridiculous they are...What to expect from a ROYAL greeting card? Charles dressed in Santa Claus?
Anyway they look lovely together, obviously very in love and that's enough for me.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Just a notice: we thought that naming and chirstening of such a magnificent Lady, as Queen Victoria liner undoubtely is, deserves its own thread.
So posts about the event should be made in the The Duchess of Cornwall named Cunard liner Queen Victoria thread.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Heir Apparent

And speaking of the Christmas Card, accodring to this article, the picture was taking in June, during the visit to a community centre in Ystradgynlais, near Swansea, Wales. The couple are listening to a Welsh male voice choire.
The visit was made to the village to see the work of Communities First projects in the area.
The initiative is the Welsh Assembly’s flagship programme to tackle deprivation. It provides people with opportunities to play a role in shaping the future of their local area.

I was wondering whether there were other reasons, apart from their clear relaxed and happy looks, for choosing this picture.
It is so much Welsh-connected, that maybe they wanted to emphasize their position as Prince and Princess of Wales.
And the picture is from an event, that Prince Charles is very involved with.

All in all, it was a great picture, although I do think they could have found something even more wonderful, and not necessarily poised.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-12-2007, 05:52 AM
Royal Highness

Charles and Camilla join Chanuka celebrations

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are to celebrate Chanuka, the Jewish festival of lights, in Hendon, north -west London.

Charles and Camilla join Chanuka celebrations - Rye and Battle Today - Back to Home Page
Old 12-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Royal Highness

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall celebrate Chanukah
Hendon, London, December 12

POLFOTO - altid med i billedet

(my favourite, and look at the cap)

(my second favourite)

Old 12-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
Thank you so much for posting the pictures! This is my favourite, just look at the concentration on their faces!
Old 12-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall look at ease with the Jewish community of London. I wonder why there was that email mishap just a week or so ago. If your employer is tolerant of different faiths why would you go against his wishes? Does anybody know what happen to the employee?
Old 12-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Thank you so much for posting the pictures! This is my favourite, just look at the concentration on their faces!
Caption: "Now remember not too much glue, easy, easy." or "I gotta get this just perfect, especially with all these children watching me!"

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales