The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 03:34 AM
Administrator

Charles and Camilla current events 18: June - November 2007

Welcome to the Charles and Camilla current events thread, part 18

commencing June 2007

Part 17, covering the period March-June 2007, can be found here.
o

Old 06-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Royal Highness

Charles and Camilla will make 50th show a right royal success

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall have accepted an invitation from organisers the Three Counties Agricultural Society to attend the opening day of the three day event on friday, June 15.

Charles And Camilla Will Make 50th Show A Right Royal Success (from Worcester News)

Old 06-06-2007, 12:49 AM
Heir Apparent

I moved posts regarding the opening of the Third National Assembly for Wales to British Royal Family current events thread, since apart from TRH, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh were present as well.

Further information and pictures of Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall's annual summer tour of Wales are to be posted here.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-06-2007, 01:21 AM
Heir Apparent

More pictures from June 5 of TRH.

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales wears a hard protective hat as he views retoration work at historic Dyffryn House at St. Nicholas, near Cardiff on June 5, 2007 in Cardiff, Wales.
Prince Charles 1 ; Prince Charles 2 ; Prince Charles 3 ;

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales visits Dyffryn Gardens and Arboretum at St. Nicholas, near Cardiff on June 5, 2007 in Cardiff, Wales ----> Prince Charles
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-06-2007, 01:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall is greeted as she arrives for a dinner held in aid of the Prince's Trust Cymru at the Welsh Millennium Centre on June 5, 2007 in Cardiff Bay, Cardiff, Wales.

Picutres: The Duchess of Cornwall 1 ; The Duchess of Cornwall 2
Gallery of Pictures from getty
Old 06-06-2007, 05:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Thank you Avalon! I love her outfit!

Business club hosts Prince and Duchess

THE PRINCE of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall attended a special gala charity dinner organised by Cardiff Business Club last night

Old 06-06-2007, 06:13 AM
Commoner

Wow she looks amazing! Those colours really are lovely on her.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Nobility

The Duchess does look great in the outfit. The green looks great on her!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleiman
The Duchess does look great in the outfit. The green looks great on her!
I enjoy hjow she seems to play with colours at her events: white and green are the colours in which the Black Prince, Edward of Woodstock, dressed his Welsh contingent at Crécy in 1346: these men were, as historian D.L. Evans remarked, 'the first troops to appear on a continental battlefield in national uniform.' Thus, by the middle of the fourteenth century, green and white appear to have been understood as the national colours of Wales; they were to be used later by Henry Tudor as the field for the Red Dragon, and they remain to this day the colours of the national flag, upon which the Red Dragon is set."

(Quote from: http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/gb-wa-hs.html)

Plus she wore the dress in which she became The Princess of Wales during this visit: does someone else here, too, thinks it has a significant meaning to her?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
I enjoy hjow she seems to play with colours at her events: white and green are the colours in which the Black Prince, Edward of Woodstock, dressed his Welsh contingent at Crécy in 1346: these men were, as historian D.L. Evans remarked, 'the first troops to appear on a continental battlefield in national uniform.' Thus, by the middle of the fourteenth century, green and white appear to have been understood as the national colours of Wales; they were to be used later by Henry Tudor as the field for the Red Dragon, and they remain to this day the colours of the national flag, upon which the Red Dragon is set."

(Quote from: Wales: History of Welsh Flags)

Plus she wore the dress in which she became The Princess of Wales during this visit: does someone else here, too, thinks it has a significant meaning to her?
Thank you for the information Jo!
I didn't know the story of the Black Prince in connection of white and green. I didn't know about Henry Tudor and he field for the Red Dragon as well, it was very interesting to read.
Based on your knowledgable post and also the significance of the wedding dress / white and green oufit, I would guess the Duchess was honouring the Wales in a way.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Serene Highness

its terrific the historical stuff people share, thanks jo for the info
the outfit i take as a message honouring the welsh connection, OMG that pin is breathtaking even in a tinypic she looks lovely, i'm glad they were so well received, everyone looks so happy
Old 06-06-2007, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine

(Quote from: http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/gb-wa-hs.html)

I think green has always been her best color! Emerald green is her best color, no doubt.She also looks great in any shade of reds and pinks, but green is best.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Royal Highness

Camilla joins Charles on visit
6th June

Prince Charles was visiting to see some of its community projects at first hand today (...) he was joined by the Duchess of Cornwall.
In the evening , Charles and Camilla are due to attend a dinner at Cardiff Castle.

Camilla joins Charles on visit: Shropshire Star
Old 06-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Wonderful pictures hornsen, Thank you!
Old 06-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Nobility

Hornsen,

Thank you for the great pictures. It appears that they were having a really good time.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:39 AM
Courtier

Here are two pics form visit to Swansea yesterday. I really love them.
[img=http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8278/wal16bf0.th.jpg]
[img=http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5749/wal18ke0.th.jpg]

isifa
Old 06-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Heir Apparent

All of the pictures you posted were beautiful Hornsen, but the last two are wonderful. I love the picture of Camilla and the little girl, so sweet.

A few Galleries of Pictures from yesterday.
Gallery of Pictures from Isifa N1
Gallery of Pictures from Isifa N2
Gallery of Pictures from Isifa N3
Old 06-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

And a picture from today:

Prince Charles attends a ceremony to celebrate 100 years since the laying of the University of Wales' foundation stone by Edward VII, in Bangor, Wales, Thursday June 7, 2007. The event at the university mirrored the original service held in 1907, and Charles donned university robes before taking part in a procession to where a plaque was to be unveiled to mark the occasion. The Prince is visiting the university on the third day of his annual tour of Wales. -------> Prince Charles

Nice Robes!
Old 06-07-2007, 11:31 AM

Charles looks very snazzy indeed. I often think university robes can be far too camp to be taken seriously.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales