The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
You really have to laugh at PPE when it comes to pictures of Camilla. Either they should be less obvious in their 'editing' or get a better photographer!

More realistic Images from the experts - Getty
They do have one of the best photographers Skydragon,dutch btw,the brits haven't come up with one to beat him,thank you.

As I said before,the captions are sometimes lousy,as is the headlamp of dear Camilla,Duchess of Cornwall and the "more realistic images" by Getty just shows the very same,just more distant,how british.....

my favorite photographer at work once again:
HRH The Prince of Wales, HRH The Duchess of Cornwal and HRH Prince Andrew Comemmoration 25 Falklands 25 years, London 17 th June 2007

Courtesy Royal Press Europe/ALBERT NIEBOER.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

the 'antenna' on camilla's hat is a bit much of a good thing but otherwise i love her outfit! the flowing skirt is so feminine and the colors are just right for the occassion.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien
They do have one of the best photographers
I think I will stick with Getty, put it down to different tastes.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:25 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma View Post
the 'antenna' on camilla's hat is a bit much of a good thing but otherwise i love her outfit! the flowing skirt is so feminine and the colors are just right for the occassion.
They are really irksome! They look as though they would just snap off if I could get my hands on them. HRH really could do without them. Other than that, I loved her look.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Royal Highness

she looked lovely.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:33 PM
Nobility

I liked the first hat she has on in the Getty photos. The second one closer to the bottom looks nice but it looks frustrating. This is because it looks as she had to hold it on her head the whole time, like if she let go, she would lose it. That took away from the look of it. JMO

Other than that they both looked lgreat.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:13 AM
Royal Highness

Man fined over Highgrove incident

A man was fined 100 pounds after being caught with a pitchfork in the grounds of the Prince of Wales´s Gloucestertershire home.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Man fined over Highgrove incident
Old 06-26-2007, 07:37 AM
Royal Highness

The Office of The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall publishes its Annual Review
26th June 2007

The Household of The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall reduced its carbon emissions by 9 per cent last year, and has set a target to reduce emissions by at a least another 12.5 per cent by 2012.

The Prince of Wales - The Office of The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall publishes its Annual Review
________

When you open this site you can download the whole Annual Review.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Royal Highness

Charles hosts reception for Falkands veterans

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall hosted a reception for Falklands veterans at St James´s Palace today.

icWales - Charles hosts reception for Falklands veterans

Charles´ household carbon neutral

The Prince of Wales´s household is carbon neutral and reduced its carbon emssions by 9 per cent last year, according to the heir to the throne´s annual review.

icWales - Charles' household 'carbon neutral'
Old 06-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Nobility

'Understaffed' Charles gets by with 130 aides'

The Prince of Wales' most senior aide claimed today he was "understaffed", despite new figures showing that the heir to the throne employs more than 130 people.

By Matthew Moore and agencies

Last Updated: 2:33pm BST 26/06/2007

'Understaffed' Charles gets by with 130 aides | Uk News | News | Telegraph
Old 06-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorIII View Post
I don't know how they all manage!
Old 06-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Serene Highness

the mind reels OMG how do they manage skydragon! good grief is that in all total? or at any given time? my lawd, at 3 shifts a day thats over 40 people!! no wonder camilla likes to hang out at her farm, to avoid the crowds. i assume by aides they are not counting maids, cooks and the guy that puts toothpaste on his toothbrush!
Old 06-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Glad to see it wasn't Charles or Camilla complaining.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

So do I, they would have been endlessly criticized
Old 06-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
the mind reels OMG how do they manage skydragon! good grief is that in all total? or at any given time? my lawd, at 3 shifts a day thats over 40 people!! no wonder camilla likes to hang out at her farm, to avoid the crowds. i assume by aides they are not counting maids, cooks and the guy that puts toothpaste on his toothbrush!
No,the prince and the duchess have 106 staff in total,30 of them are private staff, including bulters, velets and dresser,cooks,maids,etc. The rest are people working for his duties to support the Queen, his charities, Camilla's charties, and his future ideas and developments. They are different levels of secetaries with different works, communication people,adminstrative people, accountants and financial advisers etc. The prince does hire many people but Sir Michael Peat still stressed that they are understaff.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorIII View Post

The Prince of Wales' most senior aide claimed today he was "understaffed", despite new figures showing that the heir to the throne employs more than 130 people.

By Matthew Moore and agencies
Last Updated: 2:33pm BST 26/06/2007

'Understaffed' Charles gets by with 130 aides | Uk News | News | Telegraph

I thought Charles as the heir holds the Duchy of Cornwall while the Duchy of Lancaster is held by the souverain? Doesn't the Telegraph know this?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal retainers

Prince Charles employs 135 full-time staff, but his senior aide, Sir Michael Peat, insisted that "this organisation is understaffed, if anything".

Royal retainers | Uk News | News | Telegraph

We can all imagine the headlines if Charles made 10 or 20 redundant. Like any business, you have staff, Charles and the Duchy is no different. I bet, unlike most businesses, most of them actually do work and not sit around gossiping.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Do we think Camilla will get attacked by the Press for the number of engagement she has carried out last year? I think they will not make too much fuss as she has done about 220 last year.

That said, if Camilla wants to increase her credibility as a hard working royal supporting her chosed causes (and to increase her acceptability as a future Queen), she will probably need to gradually increase the number of public engagements to around 400 per year. She has got to appear energetic and passionate, so has to kick off the "lazy Camilla" tag that she has rather unfortunately acquired
Old 06-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Do we think Camilla will get attacked by the Press for the number of engagement she has carried out last year? I think they will not make too much fuss as she has done about 220 last year.

That said, if Camilla wants to increase her credibility as a hard working royal supporting her chosed causes (and to increase her acceptability as a future Queen), she will probably need to gradually increase the number of public engagements to around 400 per year. She has got to appear energetic and passionate, so has to kick off the "lazy Camilla" tag that she has rather unfortunately acquired
Maybe not always the number of engagements is so important but also the quality of every single duty! And Camilla does a wonderful job!
And also you should mention that the Duchess had a major operation in March and she had to rest afterwards for more than two month.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
That said, if Camilla wants to increase her credibility as a hard working royal supporting her chosed causes (and to increase her acceptability as a future Queen),
Camilla's chosen cause is primarily to support her husband, The Prince of Wales. As milla Ca has said, it is all very well doing 10 engagements in a day if nobody gets to spend time with her. At least she seems to have or read up on the various causes she supports and know something about the areas she is visiting!

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales