The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Charles and Camilla current events 17: March - June 2007

Welcome to part 17 of the thread to discuss Charles and Camilla's current events.

Part 16 is here.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Courtier

Thanks, Skydragon. Nice pics but, not so joyful like we know from last 10 days. Ok, its the event.
milla Ca, I feel like you. But I´m sure we will see paparazzi-pics from Camilla arriving and departing the hospital.

Nice pic from Abaca press

new admirer for Camilla

[img=http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9118/admirerhf6.th.jpg]

Old 03-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

TRH visit the Welsh Guards in Bosnia and Herzegovina to mark St David's Day

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall praised British troops who helped establish and maintain peace in Bosnia today when they marked St David's Day with the Welsh Guards in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

The Prince of Wales - TRH visit the Welsh Guards in Bosnia and Herzegovina to mark St David's Day
Old 04-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Second Highgrove security breach

A second security breach of the year has been made at Prince Charles's country estate of Highgrove.

BBC NEWS | England | Gloucestershire | Second Highgrove security breach
Old 04-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Aristocracy

Charles's mercy jet for Camilla | the Daily Mail

This is the second article Richard has done in two days that is nice to Charles. Why? What is he playing at? Did hell freeze over and I missed it? :)

Hopefully Camilla will feel better soon. I doubt Richard exaggerated Camilla's condition to make Chalres look better which I find most concerning.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde

This is the second article Richard has done in two days that is nice to Charles. Why? What is he playing at? Did hell freeze over and I missed it? :)

Hopefully Camilla will feel better soon. I doubt Richard exaggerated Camilla's condition to make Chalres look better which I find most concerning.
There must be a lot of people in the UK who's job it is to sway public opinion by writing about anything negative about HRH. The man can't do anything without the scrutiny of all of his actions. What a life to have to live like this.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:27 AM
Courtier

Perhaps Richard is developing some compassion for the Duchess?

I can dream.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde

Twilight Zone anyone?

I have to admit, I am waiting for the other shoe the drop!
Old 04-05-2007, 07:23 AM
Heir Apparent

We'll soon see the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall on official visit. Glad Camilla is back!

TRH to visit Uganda for Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM)

Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will undertake an official visit to the Republic of Uganda in November for the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM).
Their Royal Highnesses’ visit will reinforce Britain’s ties with this important Commonwealth partner. It will advance key British Government priorities in the promotion of sustainable development, youth opportunity and environmental protection.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for posting Avalon!
Good to read about the plans of the Royal Couple to visit Uganda in November. And i think it´s interesting too, that they will be there ´to support´ the Queen. Something special that the Queen and the Prince of Wales will have an official visit together (with their husband and wife).
For me too, it´s nice to read that Charles and Camilla will go together again, that Camilla will be back. Although i hope we will see her again on official duties at home earlier, hopefully she feels much more healthy when they returned from Sotland.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

A positive article about Charles and Camilla by no less than Richard Kay. I'm totally shocked.

Actually his last article about C&C was so catty that some readers started complaining.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 04-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Courtier

Yeah...she is back again!

[img=http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3250/easterzn8.th.jpg]
Britain's Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales, and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, arrive at Crathie Kirk, Balmoral, Scotland, for the Easter Sunday service

polfoto
Old 04-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Commoner

She looks different

Did she have a face lift and a nose job? That woman looks nothing like Camilla!
Old 04-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajat
Are you talking about the picture of Camilla in the car with Charles? Its hard to see much of her there to tell. Or maybe you're talking about another picture.

If you're talking in general, Camilla looks more polished now which is quite natural since she has a public role now where that sort of thing is expected. She didn't need to have a public image before she married Charles and she loved the country so it was natural that a polished image at that time wasn't high on her priorities.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 04-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Camilla first appearance since op
Camilla goes public

The Duchess of Cornwall yesterday made her first appearance in public since her hysterectomy.
Camilla looked relaxed and in good health as she and Prince Charles arrived at Crathie Kirk on Royal Deeside for an Easter Sunday sermon.
Charles, who was wearing a kilt, drove his wife to the pretty, rural church where a small crowd of around 10 well-wishers had gathered.
Camilla, wearing a green skirt suit and hat with fur trim, smiled and waved before going into the church.
Lesley Parkinson, 58, from Glasgow, who was on holiday in the area with husband David, said: "It is really great to see Camilla here today and they both seem really happy.
"She looks very well."
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
totally agree instead of having a hysterectomy she had a face lift and thats why she went out the back of the hospital because she would have stitches in her swollen face!!!

Old 04-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I compared this new picture, however blurry, with the older ones of Camilla (taken in similar angle) and her nose was not different from her current one.
I can't tell about a facelift because of the unclear picture but I find it extremely unlikely.

The Duchess was known to suffer from upset stomach and gastric attacks.
The Clarence House would not officially announce the cause of the operation, if it weren't true. The Doctors could leak the information for one.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
.... Clarence House would not officially announce the cause of the operation, if it weren't true. The Doctors could leak the information for one.
Why would she have a facelift when clearly her loving and devoted husband didn't think she needed one? She looks less drained and well rested, that is true.

I think we can be 100% certain that she was in hospital for a hysterectomy, perhaps the next suggestion will be that the 'real' Camilla was abducted by aliens!

Charles and Camilla attend church

BBC NEWS | Scotland | North East/N Isles | Charles and Camilla attend church
Old 04-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you to everybody for posting pics and articles from yesterday!
I´m so happy to see the pic of Camilla.That´s the photo i´m waiting for. So nice that she´s back in public!
But please not again the rumours about a face lifting... I am convinced that the Duchess never wanted to have ´a new face´ and i´m convinced too that her husband loves the face she has.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
A wee bit overdue for your annual optometrists appointment are we ?

That's what Camilla looks like when she hadn't had a frenzy of paparazzi flashing in her face for a couple of months.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales