The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Charles and Camilla Current Events 16: January 2007-March 2007

Welcome to part 16 of the thread for discussion of Charles and Camilla's current events.

Part 15 is here.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Nobility

Skydragon,

IMO Charlie Spencer probably won't be appearing at the memorial service with his second family, not after the fiasco in SA with his first family and his current girlfriend. I don't think the word honour is in his vocabulary.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla appears to have recovered from the stomach bug!

This picture (from Abaca) is from Sunday 7th Jan, on their way to Crathie Church.

CHARLES AND CAMILLA
Old 01-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Royal Highness

So nice to see them together and to know that Camilla feels much better again.
Thank you for the pic Skydragon!
Old 01-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nice pic; I am happy to see her again
Old 01-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Serene Highness

thanks for the update, i'm glad she's feeling better.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think I have ever seen a picture of Charles driving himself! lol I know he is a sports car enthusiast, I just can't ever recall a photo of him driving. They look so completely normal in that photo, which I find is really charming. Thanks for the pic!
Old 01-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_rankin
I don't think I have ever seen a picture of Charles driving himself! lol I know he is a sports car enthusiast, I just can't ever recall a photo of him driving. They look so completely normal in that photo, which I find is really charming. Thanks for the pic!
Charles very often is driving himself with Camilla. Especially when they are in Scotland. Look through this threads and you will find more pics like that.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Royal Highness

There has also been a lot of photos of Charles driving to/from polo matches over the years.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles and Camilla may move to Scotland

All Headline News - Prince Charles And Camilla May Move To Scotland - January 29, 2007

( I think we have heard this before...and again, i dont believe it... )
Old 01-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank You for the article milla Ca, I had to laugh at this statement,
Prince Charles may soon be showing off an intricately designed kilt and blowing on some instrumental pipes in good ol' Scotland.
Are they saying he is going to design himself a new style kilt and learn to play 'some instrumental pipes'?
Old 01-31-2007, 03:54 AM
Aristocracy

Intruder at Highgrove

Intruder at Highgrove | the Daily Mail
Old 01-31-2007, 04:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Intruder at Highgrove is arrested while the royal couple sleep

An intruder was arrested for trespass on the Highgrove Estate as Prince Charles and Camilla slept in the house, it was disclosed last night.

Telegraph | News | Intruder at Highgrove is arrested while the royal couple sleep
Old 01-31-2007, 06:18 AM

How nice to know the Government take Royal security so seriously. It's not like it's happened before though is it? Is it going to take the murder of a member of the Royal Family to get them to take it seriously?
Old 01-31-2007, 06:39 AM
Administrator

According to Wikipedia the Highgrove Estate is 900 acres (364 hectares) of parkland, wood, farm buildings, and the big house.
The Telegraph article states the man was "detained within the grounds" of the estate. That gives no clue as to how close he came, or how far away he was, when he was found.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
According to Wikipedia the Highgrove Estate is 900 acres (364 hectares) of parkland, wood, farm buildings, and the big house.
The Telegraph article states the man was "detained within the grounds" of the estate. That gives no clue as to how close he came, or how far away he was, when he was found.
I just saw the reports on Sky News that allegedly terrorists had formed a gang and planned to kidnap, torture and kill an as yet unknown individual in order to post the videos on the internet as a method of terror.

And the next moment I hear about an intruder at Highgrove who at least made it over a protection fence. Just imagine 6 or 8 men trying in earnest to kidnap the prince... would police be able to stop them in time? Or trying to kidnap William or Harry? Tough times for Royals at the moment in Britain...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:33 AM

Indeed. The problem is, no Government has ever taken it seriously. When Margaret Thatcher was asked what she thought about the Fagin incident, she said, "I never thought it could happen and of course, Willie (Whitelaw) wanted to resign but we couldn't let him go. We needed Willie". So, even she, as devoted to the Queen as she claims she is, didn't really consider it a sackable offence. John Reid has alot to cope with at the moment and he's suggesting that the Home Office split into two so maybe they'll have a review of Royal Security in with the split to stop things like this happening. In this day and age, we can't afford even one mistake and like Jo, when I heard about the kidnap plot I immediately though of one of the Royals. It's a wicked world.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I In this day and age, we can't afford even one mistake and like Jo, when I heard about the kidnap plot I immediately though of one of the Royals. It's a wicked world.
I thought the crime expert of Sky News did word his information in a strange way - he said that the identity of the individual threatened is yet unknown to the public but if one would hear about what this young man in his early twenties "does" and "is", one would immediately understand why this plot has the potential to "absolutely shock" Britain. Hmm....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to most of the sketchy reports, this man was a burglar who thought they were still away and that security had been relaxed, let's not get too carried away.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
but if one would hear about what this young man in his early twenties "does" and "is", one would immediately understand why this plot has the potential to "absolutely shock" Britain. Hmm....
I don't know about anyone else, but to see someone being forced to plead for their life and then beheaded, would shock most people. Bad enough that it happens in Iraq, but on your own doorstep!

Terror Kidnap And Beheading Plot Foiled

NOT William at all

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales