Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 19: January-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am repecting Prince Charles more and more though his actions. He is happily in his personal life and the press mostly reports about his life-long, good work for his country. I guess if we all live long enough life has a way of balancing out.:flowers:

georgiea said:
I am repecting Prince Charles more and more though his actions. He is happily in his personal life and the press mostly reports about his life-long, good work for his country. I guess if we all live long enough life has a way of balancing out.:flowers:

I agree, it's good to see isn't it? :flowers:

Thursday 1st March

The Prince of Wales, Colonel, and The Duchess of Cornwall, will attend a St. David’s Day Parade followed by a Reception, during a visit to the 1st Battalion Welsh Guards based at Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina.

The Prince of Wales - Thursday 1st March

Wow, full diary. I think they will spend the weekend alone and than Camilla has to go under the knife.

Skydragon said:
Thursday 1st March

The Prince of Wales, Colonel, and The Duchess of Cornwall, will attend a St. David’s Day Parade followed by a Reception, during a visit to the 1st Battalion Welsh Guards based at Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina.

The Prince of Wales - Thursday 1st March

Thank you for the info, Skydragon!:flowers:
That´s the one day visit in a European country, what was a secret because of secrurity reasons.

Like hornsen, i think, Camilla will go to hospital on monday.

While I'm happy with the foreign travels the Prince and Duchess have taken together, I would really like to see them do some touring of Commonwealth countries, like Canada (particularly New Brunswick, lol).

I agree laduchesse. I'd like to see them in the Netherlands or Denmark.

BeatrixFan said:
I agree laduchesse. I'd like to see them in the Netherlands or Denmark.
No- please let them come to a country that they belong to - why go to Denmark or the Netherlands? We have 30 million citizens here and we are not going for a republic. They have been south of the border twice - it would have been nice for them to have come up here. Camilla has Canadian ancestry also- she could promote herself using that:flowers:.

True but we wouldn't see much glitter would we? In Denmark or the Netherlands, we'd see Beatrix and Camilla in tiaras etc. It is important that they go to Canada though. And the rest of the Commonwealth. But there's plenty of time.

Once Charles is King, I am sure they will do a tour of the Commonwealth.

laduchesse said:
While I'm happy with the foreign travels the Prince and Duchess have taken together, I would really like to see them do some touring of Commonwealth countries, like Canada (particularly New Brunswick, lol).

So would I. They've made a couple of trips to the Middle East recently, and it's beginning to look a bit like a jewellery collecting expedition. While it's important to reach out in friendship to the less extreme states in that region, it's also helpful to remember the countries that have been your friends over the long term, even if the haul of goodies isn't as impressive.

I hope Charles brings his wife Down Under for a visit!

BeatrixFan said:
True but we wouldn't see much glitter would we? In Denmark or the Netherlands, we'd see Beatrix and Camilla in tiaras etc. It is important that they go to Canada though. And the rest of the Commonwealth. But there's plenty of time.

If there were some kind of evening event, it would be appropriate for her to wear a tiara, I'm sure. HM does when she goes to Canada, at least.

C+C are doing a tour this summer during the week of the Diana concert. For some reason, I think it might be Canada. As a county it would work well for 7-10 day tour. Camilla should visit more countries of the commonwealth... Oz seems to me, you would need more time although I honestly can't remember what are the average number of days the royals visit Oz.

Did anyone read Richard kay's column today? I know, I know... But I wonder if it is true. Supposely C+C are hiring new PA's.Although odd they both are at the same time. If it is true, i wonder if Amanda or Joy are leaving? To be Camilla's PA ....

Elspeth said:
So would I. They've made a couple of trips to the Middle East recently, and it's beginning to look a bit like a jewellery collecting expedition. While it's important to reach out in friendship to the less extreme states in that region, it's also helpful to remember the countries that have been your friends over the long term, even if the haul of goodies isn't as impressive.

They might be worried we'll give them a pair of Tasmanian Devils :lol:

I had the same thought about jewellery collecting trips and feel a bit left out in the cold. I'd love Charles to bring Camilla here. I know they have to be invited, and it is, after all, an election year in Oz - State and Federal for NSW - but we have some serious environmental problems related to water use and land clearing that Prince Charles could interest himself in. (I'm sure that would endear him to the politicians.)

And we do have some lovely opals and pearls :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Roslyn said:
And we do have some lovely opals and pearls :whistling
Roslyn, don't forget the Mount Argyle diamond mine. C&C need to pay a visit to Western Australia. They may score some impressive yellow diamonds as souvenirs. :lol:

Once again very nice pics, thank you!:flowers:

Today i specially like to see the pics of Camilla, because these are the last official photos of the Duchess for the next six weeks.
I will miss it to see her not in public for so such a long time...:sad:

Last edited:
Time for a new thread, which can be found here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom