The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Royal Highness

PoW webiste: 16th February 2007

TRH to visit the Gulf from 19th to 28th February

The Prince of Wales - TRH to visit the Gulf from 19th to 28th February

Old 02-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince and Duchess are a real glass act

THE Jewish Museum celebrated its 75th anniversary in style with a special visit from Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:04 AM
Royal Highness

I am repecting Prince Charles more and more though his actions. He is happily in his personal life and the press mostly reports about his life-long, good work for his country. I guess if we all live long enough life has a way of balancing out.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:21 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea
I am repecting Prince Charles more and more though his actions. He is happily in his personal life and the press mostly reports about his life-long, good work for his country. I guess if we all live long enough life has a way of balancing out.
I agree, it's good to see isn't it?
Old 02-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thursday 1st March

The Prince of Wales, Colonel, and The Duchess of Cornwall, will attend a St. David’s Day Parade followed by a Reception, during a visit to the 1st Battalion Welsh Guards based at Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina.

The Prince of Wales - Thursday 1st March
Old 02-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Courtier

Wow, full diary. I think they will spend the weekend alone and than Camilla has to go under the knife.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Thursday 1st March

The Prince of Wales, Colonel, and The Duchess of Cornwall, will attend a St. David’s Day Parade followed by a Reception, during a visit to the 1st Battalion Welsh Guards based at Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina.

The Prince of Wales - Thursday 1st March
Thank you for the info, Skydragon!
That´s the one day visit in a European country, what was a secret because of secrurity reasons.

Like hornsen, i think, Camilla will go to hospital on monday.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles and wife Camilla to visit Banja Luka

Javno - World
Old 02-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Aristocracy

While I'm happy with the foreign travels the Prince and Duchess have taken together, I would really like to see them do some touring of Commonwealth countries, like Canada (particularly New Brunswick, lol).
Old 02-28-2007, 06:18 PM

I agree laduchesse. I'd like to see them in the Netherlands or Denmark.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I agree laduchesse. I'd like to see them in the Netherlands or Denmark.
No- please let them come to a country that they belong to - why go to Denmark or the Netherlands? We have 30 million citizens here and we are not going for a republic. They have been south of the border twice - it would have been nice for them to have come up here. Camilla has Canadian ancestry also- she could promote herself using that.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:28 PM

True but we wouldn't see much glitter would we? In Denmark or the Netherlands, we'd see Beatrix and Camilla in tiaras etc. It is important that they go to Canada though. And the rest of the Commonwealth. But there's plenty of time.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Once Charles is King, I am sure they will do a tour of the Commonwealth.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by laduchesse
While I'm happy with the foreign travels the Prince and Duchess have taken together, I would really like to see them do some touring of Commonwealth countries, like Canada (particularly New Brunswick, lol).
So would I. They've made a couple of trips to the Middle East recently, and it's beginning to look a bit like a jewellery collecting expedition. While it's important to reach out in friendship to the less extreme states in that region, it's also helpful to remember the countries that have been your friends over the long term, even if the haul of goodies isn't as impressive.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:13 AM
Commoner

I hope Charles brings his wife Down Under for a visit!
Old 03-01-2007, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
True but we wouldn't see much glitter would we? In Denmark or the Netherlands, we'd see Beatrix and Camilla in tiaras etc. It is important that they go to Canada though. And the rest of the Commonwealth. But there's plenty of time.
If there were some kind of evening event, it would be appropriate for her to wear a tiara, I'm sure. HM does when she goes to Canada, at least.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:34 AM
Aristocracy

C+C are doing a tour this summer during the week of the Diana concert. For some reason, I think it might be Canada. As a county it would work well for 7-10 day tour. Camilla should visit more countries of the commonwealth... Oz seems to me, you would need more time although I honestly can't remember what are the average number of days the royals visit Oz.

Did anyone read Richard kay's column today? I know, I know... But I wonder if it is true. Supposely C+C are hiring new PA's.Although odd they both are at the same time. If it is true, i wonder if Amanda or Joy are leaving? To be Camilla's PA ....
Old 03-01-2007, 03:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
So would I. They've made a couple of trips to the Middle East recently, and it's beginning to look a bit like a jewellery collecting expedition. While it's important to reach out in friendship to the less extreme states in that region, it's also helpful to remember the countries that have been your friends over the long term, even if the haul of goodies isn't as impressive.
They might be worried we'll give them a pair of Tasmanian Devils

I had the same thought about jewellery collecting trips and feel a bit left out in the cold. I'd love Charles to bring Camilla here. I know they have to be invited, and it is, after all, an election year in Oz - State and Federal for NSW - but we have some serious environmental problems related to water use and land clearing that Prince Charles could interest himself in. (I'm sure that would endear him to the politicians.)

And we do have some lovely opals and pearls
Old 03-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles arrives in Bosnia

Britain's Prince Charles arrives in Bosnia - Yahoo! News

Charles

Britain's Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos

Charles and Camilla

Britain's Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos
Old 03-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
And we do have some lovely opals and pearls :whistling
Roslyn, don't forget the Mount Argyle diamond mine. C&C need to pay a visit to Western Australia. They may score some impressive yellow diamonds as souvenirs.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales