The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 06:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
But i prefer the light blond hair, and i like it when it is longer and not to stylish. It makes her `softer` and more `natural` for her age, i think.
When i saw her in the blue dress, i thought that she looks again very thin - she has a stunning body for her age.
I´m some years younger, but i know that it´s hard work....
I also think A and I agree that I prefer the 'old style' hair.

Old 11-17-2006, 06:42 AM
Commoner

'A' is her best colour is does make her look younger and its suits her a lot more!

Old 11-17-2006, 07:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the 'new looks' of the Duchess, Beatrixfan!
Personally I prefer Camilla's original look. Imo, it suits her the best.
Of the A,B,C options I like the C and B ones the most.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-17-2006, 10:07 AM
Serene Highness

i like C, dark hair makes her blue eyes stand out. love the blue dress, its gorgeous, is it blue velvet? perfect with the sapphires. she looks stunning
Old 11-17-2006, 11:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I also think A and I agree that I prefer the 'old style' hair.
Good, I also prefer photo A and her 'old style' hair. The new shape (flattened sides) elongates her face - not flattering IMO.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

What a fantastic photoshop! Congratulations.

It's true that Camilla would look younger with dark hair but as every body is accustum to his fair hair it would be diificl for her to channge.

But in fact, it's not Camilla who doesn't look young. It's Charles who is only 58 who looks older than his age. I don't know why but I'm not sure that I would to have a wife who like so younger than him.

It's a feeling not at all a certainty.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Problem is that with harder contrasts like in B or C - while they look good in your examples, Beatrixfan, thank you for the pics - you need to work more with make-up to soften the features, which is something older women need to do. While the light blond gives softness to the face and makes her appear more approachable, good for her position.

I'm afraid the times are over when Camilla, with the right stylist, could have appeared a great beauty in an ordinary, magazine-like way. Today she is a woman of certain age who has a classical approach to beauty, mostly coming from her inner sparkle and regular features. She should use these advantages and do what she does at the moment: appear her age with grace and a certain regal grandeur.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Courtier

Jo, you are correct. Women of a ceratin age should all lighten their original color up a tad bit. Though it looks good in pictures and makes the eyes "pop" darker hair has a tendancy call attention to and enhance, wrinkles and lines, spots, ect.
and when you enhance the color by using more makeup, that is where a lot of women make a major mistake. Instead of looking younger and better, they being to look like they cake the makup on their face and are trying to hard to conceal something, when in fact they think they are enhancing their face and their new hair color.
Women with lines or wrinkles should lighten their hair around their hairline to soften their face and use minimal makeup to avoid that "cakey" look. In turn, they look much younger.
As for Camilla, she could change her haircolor to any shade of blonde and still look good as long as she avoided the "strawberry blondes". Red makes her face to ruddy.
And she needs to go back to pouffing up her hair. Better to have big hair than flat hair!
Old 11-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
What a fantastic photoshop! Congratulations.

It's true that Camilla would look younger with dark hair but as every body is accustum to his fair hair it would be diificl for her to channge.

But in fact, it's not Camilla who doesn't look young. It's Charles who is only 58 who looks older than his age. I don't know why but I'm not sure that I would to have a wife who like so younger than him.

It's a feeling not at all a certainty.
Do you really think that Charles looks so much older than 58?
I can not agree.
I think Charles and Camilla suit each other perfectly.
But maybe it´s only my opinion because i adore my handsome Prince so much....
Old 11-17-2006, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I am in full agreement with milla Ca. In my opinion, Prince Charles looks great and they (Charles and Camilla) suit each other perfectly.
But then, I am just as biased as milla Ca admitted to be!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Save the tree campaign has Royal backing, but needs cash

It has $210,000 in the bank and the nod from the Royal Family's Prince Charles, but the Save the Oak Tree campaign still needs to raise $133,000 by Dec. 15.

http://www.haltonsearch.com/hr/ob/st...-4371017c.html
Old 11-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
Do you really think that Charles looks so much older than 58?
I can not agree.
I think Charles and Camilla suit each other perfectly.
But maybe it´s only my opinion because i adore my handsome Prince so much....
I agree, they compliment one another.

Many men and women of a similar age to them both, look so much older!
Old 11-17-2006, 04:08 PM

For the record, I do think Camilla looks perfect as she is - well, her flattened hair style isn't as nice as the "pouffier" hair style she usually has - but I think it's interesting to see how just a different colour of hair can change a person so much! Anyway, if she did appear with a "C" look, the press would rip her apart for trying too hard so maybe it's better if she sticks with what she has!
Old 11-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb
i like C, dark hair makes her blue eyes stand out.
I agree

Blue eyes and dark hair looks lovely and I think Camilla would look fantastic

Though, I am glade to see Camilla embracing her age in the sense that she doesn't feel the need to enhance her looks in any way. Its a really wholesome approach I believe
Old 11-17-2006, 05:46 PM

I agree and I always thought it was awful how the press used Camilla's worst photographs when they published stories. It was malicious and spiteful - we all have bad photographs because we don't all look like models 100% of the time. I think Camilla's beauty doesn't come from a ton of make-up or dyed hair - it comes from inside. When I got the letter she sent me and I noticed she'd put in the photograph I said I liked, I just thought, "What a beautiful thing to do". Anyway, that's my rant!
Old 11-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I've never thought Camilla to be an overly attractive woman, yet there is something about her which I find charming. I would never negatively judge someone based around circumstances to which I was not privy, I just never took interest in the lady and never cared much for her but I am glade to see her happy, and she fulfills her role wonderfully I think
Old 11-17-2006, 09:31 PM

Personally, I think she is attractive. I mean, I'm not of that persuasion so Charles doesn't need to worry about me up and stealing her from him - although a Princess Consort married to an old Queen might be quite interesting. I think alot of people are discovering the real Camilla and not just the media myth. And thats a brilliant thing.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I mean, I'm not of that persuasion so Charles doesn't need to worry about me up and stealing her from him - although a Princess Consort married to an old Queen might be quite interesting. I think alot of people are discovering the real Camilla and not just the media myth. And thats a brilliant thing.
How funny

But BeatrixFan, which one would get 'first dibs' on the jewels?

I mean no offence by my not thinking Camilla particularly attractive, its just I don't That said, I think its safe to assume that the inner qualities she possesses are more important than her genetic makeup. Just my opinion.

I do think when HRH is required for 'public display', that her choice of evening attire is generally flattering and I do like seeing her hair done and not flatly left.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:59 AM
Courtier

People won't get bored with Camilla's looking. She has her inner qualities to warm us. She has fun, she has patience, she is loyal and reliable, she is warm. Camilla makes me think of my mother, that's why I am drawn by her inner qualities. In my eyes, Camilla is a great woman because she uses her deep love to nuture a late-bloomed Prince. Camilla will make her man a good king.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
I've never thought Camilla to be an overly attractive woman, yet there is something about her which I find charming. I would never negatively judge someone based around circumstances to which I was not privy, I just never took interest in the lady and never cared much for her but I am glade to see her happy, and she fulfills her role wonderfully I think
I quite agree. I think that her brilliant character is coming through. She is quite charming with a down to earth approach that is very admirable. She is a wonderful addition to the royal family regardless of the circumstances that she went through before she became a Duchess. And her wardrobe has been outstanding!

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales