Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 17: September-November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Charles was interviewed by Ant and Dec, they were told to call him "The Prince of Wales" or "Sir", not "His Royal Highness". I think it's so that they don't come across as stuffy.

There is a new book from a former member of staff of The Prince of Wales. The name of the author is Sarah Goodall ( she was working for the Prince for 12 years) and the title is: The Palace Diaries, The true story of life behind the palace gates.
Another author who wants to sell intimate details....i don´t understand why these kind of people can stay quiet...
I don´t want to read things like these, and i hope nobody will buy the book, then maybe there will be no next one!
You can read about the book today in ` The Scotsman`, online too.

At www.observer.guardian.co.uk/magazine/story you can read an article about Tom Parker Bowles where he talks about his work but also about his mother and Charles.

Charles and Camilla unveil tribute

The Prince of Wales and his wife the Duchess of Cornwall were given a warm welcome when they unveiled a memorial cairn to the last veteran of the First World War´s Christmas truce.
The royal couple were in Alyth in Perthshire, the hometown of Alferd Anderson.
Mr Anderson, who was Scotland´s oldest man and a Black Watch veteran died in November last year aged 109.

www.icWestLothian.co.uk

Imagine being able to chat to someone who knew your great-uncle? Fantastic to those of us into geneaology! Prince Charles always struck me as someone with a keen sense of history, I'm sure he was genuinely pleased to be able to be a part of the memorial unveiling.

Gecko said:
Imagine being able to chat to someone who knew your great-uncle? Fantastic to those of us into geneaology! Prince Charles always struck me as someone with a keen sense of history, I'm sure he was genuinely pleased to be able to be a part of the memorial unveiling.

Yes, and this was somebody who had actually served with the Queen Mother's brother. He must have been interesting to talk to.

Some pics from yesterday "The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall arrive in Alyth, Perthshire, UK, on October 1, 2006, to unveil a memorial cairn to the last veteran of the First World War's Christmas truce Alfred Anderson, who died in November last year aged 109."

(Photos by David Cheskin/PA EMPICS/ABACAUSA.COM)

Nice pics. Thank you, Iceflower.

thanks for the photos. what a handsome couple, love the boots with this outfit.

HRH looks stunning. She's certainly got classic British beauty.

Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall arrive at the UK film Premiere of "The History Boys" at the Odeon West End, Leicester Square on October 2, 2006 in London, England.

Source - MJ Kim/Getty Images

Last edited:
Another nice one from today with a better view on Camilla :)

2vx5do0.jpg

(WENN)

Thank you for the nice pics from yesterday in Alyth and today in London!
Two days and two very different looks: They look very nice in their elegant evening outfits, but mostly i love it to see them in their `scottish clothes`.
Can´t get enough from pics like these!

I love Camilla's skirt. Extremely elegant.

Avalon said:
Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall arrive at the UK film Premiere of "The History Boys" at the Odeon West End, Leicester Square on October 2, 2006 in London, England.
its really scary in that first picture, where you dont see camillas face, i though it was the queen for a split second.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree Elise. When I first saw this pic in it's thumbnail size, I thought it was the Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen. I don't think it's scary though - it's rather reassuring.

I like the fringe detailing on Camilla's blouse, very pretty and feminine. Her skirt was lovely too.

So Cute

I THANK IT'S SO CUTE HOW CHARLES AND CAMILLA LIKE TO MATCH UP WITH THERE OUTFITS,WONDERFUL PICTURE ICEFLOWER!!!!:flowers:

Extremely well dressed and of the the emeralds !!!!!
They look really great together

Lovely pics. - thanks to all for posting. Have we seen these emerald earrings on Camilla before?

You Brits certainly get dressed up for a night at the pictures, don't you! :D

TRH look very nice. Thanks for the pics.

Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall attend the film premiere of 'The History Boys' at the Odeon cinema in Leicester Square on October 2, 2006 in London, England. (Photo by Tim Graham/Getty Images)

This one is from Reuters

Prince and Duchess at film premiere

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have attended the premiere of the film The History Boys.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/02102006/344/prince-duchess-film-premiere.html

Last edited:
BeatrixFan said:
I agree Elise. When I first saw this pic in it's thumbnail size, I thought it was the Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen. I don't think it's scary though - it's rather reassuring.

There is an old saying that the marriages where men choose a wife who is similar to their mother are the best. Let's hope it's true for Charles and Camilla. :)

Prince Charles (L) and Camila, the Duchess of Cornwall, (C) arrive at the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine at Selly Oak Hospital, in Birmingham, in central England, 03 October 2006. The Royal couple met military and civilian medical staff involved in the care and treatment of British service men and women from across the world.

from anp

Didn't Diana used to wear that brooch minus the dangling emerald? I'm thinking of one picture in particular that comes to mind when Diana was pregnant with William and she wore a pink evening gown with spaghetti straps.

Last edited:
She did. It now belongs to Camilla.

BeatrixFan said:
She did. It now belongs to Camilla.

LOL! - But for the sake of peace: can we agree that the brooch probably belongs to the wife of the Prince of Wales?:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom