The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 08:24 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen
The story can also be written like this
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/t...name_page.html
I also read this and i hate the way the press always make up such rubbish to cause a scandal!Why would he kiss Camilla so openly in public if they have had a massive row and are barely on speaking terms as stated in other articles??

Old 07-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Oh for goodness sake, the press really are clutching at straws now. She isn't good on boats, so what, she kissed Charles before leaving and most women wouldn't have done that if they had had a row!

The Pentland Firth can be calm one minute and very rough the next and we all know how accurate the weather forecasters are.

Old 07-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Courtier

And beside that the trip came to an end and all members of BRF were leaving the boat. Only Charles stayed because of approaching engagements.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Courtier

Some pics from boarding the "Hebridean princess" on July 26th in Kyle of Lochalsh

lochalsh.com
Old 07-30-2006, 05:55 PM

How I regret leaving the Kyle now....
Old 07-31-2006, 12:49 AM
Aristocracy

I am the first person to admit we only have half a story at best so...But am I the only person who finds the story that Camilla isn't good on boats slightly odd? She and Charles have gone on a number of cruises when Charles has borrowed a yacht over the years.And about a month after they were married Charles did his Greek Monastery and Camilla and her friends stayed on a small yacht off the coast of the monastery. This is literally the first I have heard Camilla isn't good on boats.

Beatrixfan what's the Kyle?
Old 07-31-2006, 02:50 AM
Aristocracy

Camilla looks very nice.

wonderful pictures!
Old 07-31-2006, 02:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde
I am the first person to admit we only have half a story at best so...But am I the only person who finds the story that Camilla isn't good on boats slightly odd? She and Charles have gone on a number of cruises when Charles has borrowed a yacht over the years.And about a month after they were married Charles did his Greek Monastery and Camilla and her friends stayed on a small yacht off the coast of the monastery. This is literally the first I have heard Camilla isn't good on boats.

I am surprised to learn Camilla having sea sick as well. But Daily Mail mentioned that the waves during some area was very rough and this could be the cause. My father was sea sick once he was in NZ because the waves were too rough for him to handle. Anyway, I just give my best wishes to Charles and Camilla and try to dismiss what the papers say until the official news.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:31 AM
Courtier

I doubt that Camilla has sea sickness. There is no reason to believe that. Like cde said, C+C borrowed a yacht over years. And the paper stories are pure fiction, the trip ended and that was it. There was no earlier leaving and very probably no row.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde
This is literally the first I have heard Camilla isn't good on boats.

The Pentland Firth is notoriously rough and Camilla had prior engagements in the South, it was hardly news as it had already been announced that she would travel back to London and fly to Scotland later. We don't know whether she is or isn't good on boats but, so what.

The Kyle is the Kyle of Lochalsh, this side of mainland Scotland that you used to get the ferry to Skye from. It is just a little port. :)
Old 07-31-2006, 07:58 AM
Gentry

Lovely pictures Hornsen!I think Camilla looks so fresh and wonderful in them!
Old 07-31-2006, 09:22 AM

As Skydragon said. I used to live up there in a small place called Plockton where the Hebridean used to dock on each cruise.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:27 AM
Gentry

I see the press STILL compare Diana and Camilla and everything Camilla does is likened to Diana.They are two separate people and in my opinion,Camilla is by far the better woman.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:30 AM

Well, this actually appeared first in the Daily Mail so The Royalist are just reproducing it as part of their anti-Camilla campaign. I have to say that this was always going to happen and photographs only show what they want them to show but it's nice seeing Charles and Camilla kissing. It shows how much in love they really are and shuts up the James Whittaker mob. But I still think it's a private thing.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

They will always be compared. Diana was and will forever be Charles first wife and the mother of William and Harry. Better get used to her being mentioned over and over again. Just think about how often other now deceased royals are discussed on these boards. Diana is part of royal history.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:35 AM

Well, I don't think that's quite true but I'll leave it there for off-topic's sake.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:39 AM
Gentry

Yeah i disagree with that point too,but i won't get dragged into that sort of debate.

I agree its lovely to see them kissing and showing PDA.Are there only now three pictures of them kissing in public? A polo match at cirencester,their first public kiss and the one above?
Old 07-31-2006, 10:43 AM
Commoner

The kiss between Charles and Camilla was sweet. If he hadnt of kissed her people who have said something was wrong between them and because they did Diana is mentioned again. They cant win what ever they do. But I thought the kiss was very awwww.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:46 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy0411
The kiss between Charles and Camilla was sweet. If he hadnt of kissed her people who have said something was wrong between them and because they did Diana is mentioned again. They cant win what ever they do. But I thought the kiss was very awwww.
i know.They always seem to be in a no win situation.I agree though the kiss was too cute!:)
Old 07-31-2006, 10:47 AM

Oh you can bet your life some analyst on an 8 figure salary is picking apart every part of this photograph, trying to convince viewers of Richard and Judy that her hand there means this and his eyes mean this and......it's a kiss! It's a kiss and that's all there is to it. Why do people have to always try and find something wrong?

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales