The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 05:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Charles and Camilla prove they're hands on

THE Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall unveiled a new look during a visit to Swansea yesterday, sporting chunky, thick spectacles.

Old 07-05-2006, 05:40 AM
Aristocracy

troubles?

I got an article by e-mail about some troubles that would exist in C&C's marriage. I think it's pure gossip and speculations, what do you think about it?

http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/907/1/

Old 07-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Courtier

Olka, we discussed it here

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...a-9092-10.html

We found out it is completly rubbish. Look at last photos and hear what onlookers said.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Heir Apparent

CAMILLA MODELS SOME UNIQUE EYEWEAR ON TOUR IN WALES

With plenty of engagements at home and abroad, life in royal circles can pass in a blur. But the Duchess of Cornwall got to see clearly with the help of some 3-D specs when she visited the University of Wales on a whirlwind tour of the principality.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...lesandcamilla/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	charles-dop1a.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	253505  
Attached Images

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visit the Clwyd Theatr Cymru on July 05, 2006 in Mold, Wales
from getty
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	71372790.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	253526   Click image for larger version

Name:	71372792.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	253527   Click image for larger version

Name:	71372795.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	253528   Click image for larger version

Name:	71372796.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	253529  

Name:	71372798.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	253530   Click image for larger version

Name:	71372801.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	253531   Click image for larger version

Name:	71372805.jpg
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	253532   Click image for larger version

Name:	71372807.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	253533  

Name:	71372812.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	253534   Click image for larger version

Name:	71372814.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	253535  
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales visits the Pontbren Rural Care project on July 05, 2006 in Powys, Wales
getty
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	71372800.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	253537   Click image for larger version

Name:	71372802.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	253538   Click image for larger version

Name:	71372804.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	253539   Click image for larger version

Name:	71372806.jpg
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	253540  

Name:	71372817.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	253541   Click image for larger version

Name:	71372820.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	253542  
Old 07-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I really love the 8th and 9th pics from the 72 post, they are so funny!
Charles looks so happy and Camilla looks magnificent in that white dress! :) It looks like they are really having a great time!
Old 07-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Courtier

Thanks, Avalon. Great pics again. They really are enjoying their trips together. They always are happy and relaxed.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Commoner

I just have to say i really dont like the way the royalist website is always putting Camilla down and Charles too. I love just love pair of them!
Old 07-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Eisteddfod visit on royals' tour

The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall have paid a surprise visit to the International Musical Eisteddfod in Llangollen on Wednesday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/5151212.stm
Old 07-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Charles and Camilla visit a bead shop and crafts fair on July 04, 2006 in Southgate, Wales. Getty Images.

Old 07-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Eisteddfod visit on royals' tour

The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall have paid a surprise visit to the International Musical Eisteddfod in Llangollen on Wednesday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/5151212.stm
Thanks for the article, I love this line:
Quote:
He added: "I'm extremely grateful that neither myself or my wife have to dance on this stage."
Old 07-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy0411
I just have to say i really dont like the way the royalist website is always putting Camilla down and Charles too. I love just love pair of them!
I read the article at http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/914/2/
and thought it was infamous - such a dirty way to review things and pictures that were published and to throw the muck at the people involved.

First the author claimed that "royal aides" told stories about a strife in the marriage of Charles and Camilla, then she questioned the more happy pics which seem to belie these stories ("didn't Charles and Diana seem happy at first as well?") and then comes back to the accusation that Camilla does not do enough royal engagements, seems to mourn the fact that there is no national TV coverage of the Welsh tour which could change this image and implies that Charles knows exactly how scandals tend to lead to more coverage... As if Charles was responsible for everything! That's slander and it's so cheap!

I really do wonder why people pay for that webpage!
Old 07-05-2006, 03:31 PM

I do wonder how Clarence House would react if they knew.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Courtier

I´m sure, Clarence House knows the story. But they prefer not to react. The actually tour proves the opposite.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Probably wouldn't care. Why should they? There isn't a word of true or at least a creidble information in the article.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I am sure that they know everything written on this and other sites, including the i/n rag in question. I am also sure that they sit and have a blooming good laugh at the 'facts' some people come out with.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I am sure that they know everything written on this and other sites, including the i/n rag in question. I am also sure that they sit and have a blooming good laugh at the 'facts' some people come out with.
You really think so? Do you think they have the time or the wish to be informed so that it's worth their time/money to be updated on the internetter's opinions? Okay, these forums are a nice place to keep informed about their cousin's doings and the forums are well administered, so at least these pages here may make for an interesting read but still I don't see someone scanning this forum for TRH's need for information.

As for the royalist.com I wonder at all why somebody should read this site. I did in the beginning but stopped when I all to clearly saw that it was
a) a means to make money
b) a means to get oneself in a position that asks for offers from editors looking for a new "royal editor"
c) far, far away from everything I connect with "good journalism" - while for me there is wide range possible within that expression, the royalist and it's editor is not.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

The Royalist website has a lot of factual errors but its not a traditional news publication. As far as I can tell, its a blog though it does quote articles. Blogs in general are people's opinions, nothing more, they were originally never meant to be anything else. They can be fun to read as long as members don't confuse them with a reliable newssource. And its good for members to post a link from these blogs to ask for further verification as this member did. I haven't seen any.

As with any information source, if the Royalist or any other site quotes another article, they should provide a link to the original article so you can review it yourself. I have heard complaints though that the Royalist doesn't always provide links to articles it quotes which makes it harder to confirm their accuracy.

And its probably not a good idea to use a Royalist link to back up a claim in the forums. Traditional newssources are always better.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
I read the article at http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/914/2/
and thought it was infamous - such a dirty way to review things and pictures that were published and to throw the muck at the people involved.

First the author claimed that "royal aides" told stories about a strife in the marriage of Charles and Camilla, then she questioned the more happy pics which seem to belie these stories ("didn't Charles and Diana seem happy at first as well?") and then comes back to the accusation that Camilla does not do enough royal engagements, seems to mourn the fact that there is no national TV coverage of the Welsh tour which could change this image and implies that Charles knows exactly how scandals tend to lead to more coverage... As if Charles was responsible for everything! That's slander and it's so cheap!

I really do wonder why people pay for that webpage!
It's called free enterprise and choice. Everyone does not perceive things as others and are free to express their opinions. If public figures can't stand up to scrutiny and critcism, they should cease being public figures.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales