Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 14: April 2006-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
julial said:
Now she is the consort of the future king-her status has been elebated by love. Not refering to the Duchess of Cornwall, but I always find it intersting that it is usually those who made it who behave quite snobby than those who are actually born into it. ;)

The snobby ones do tend to be the nouveux riche or the wannabe's. Like every walk of life you get nice people and nasty ones. Being born an Hon, or other title does not mean you are automatically a nice person, if you are not titled it does not mean you are automatically nasty. The upper classes are constantly accused of being arrogant, or is it the case that they can spot a social climber at 50 paces. :D

I don't think Camilla aspired to become a princess, she just loved Charles, which can be seen in every event they are at. Hopefully they will both be back 'in action' very soon.

i am not sure about camilla loving charles but i am sure charles really loved camilla. she just strike me as someone very calculative. what's my impression of her

xtan said:
i am not sure about camilla loving charles but i am sure charles really loved camilla. she just strike me as someone very calculative. what's my impression of her

What...? Do you mean, 30 years of relationship without love? To bear broken hearts of her children, secretly rendezvous all over the country with stressfully organisation, the hate of the whole country, murder threats and paparazzis? Why is Charles so grateful of her comfort, her optimism and her humor in dark times? You can´t do that without love. You only can do that with deeply love. Look at her, you´ll see it.

xtan said:

That Camilla loves Charles could IMO never be doubted. For years because she loved him, she was content just to be his friend, to be in his life. Then when everything fell apart for him, she supported him in everyway she could and yes they then had an affair. She was vilified, hounded by the press, verbally abused by some, received spiteful poisonous letters and threats of death.

She was I believe a woman who enjoyed her privacy, who kept herself to herself, she had a band of very loyal friends (and still does) who accepted her and the situation she was in but, she gave all that up to marry Charles and if that is not love, well.... what is?

Skydragon said:
That Camilla loves Charles could IMO never be doubted. For years because she loved him, she was content just to be his friend, to be in his life. Then when everything fell apart for him, she supported him in everyway she could and yes they then had an affair. She was vilified, hounded by the press, verbally abused by some, received spiteful poisonous letters and threats of death.

She was I believe a woman who enjoyed her privacy, who kept herself to herself, she had a band of very loyal friends (and still does) who accepted her and the situation she was in but, she gave all that up to marry Charles and if that is not love, well.... what is?

well, because Charles was a crown prince? :rolleyes:

julial said:
well, because Charles was a crown prince? :rolleyes:

A very good reason not to marry him in view of the fact that she never craved the limelight, IMO.:rolleyes:

they being together was a too high price to pay for everyone involved

xtan said:
they being together was a too high price to pay for everyone involved

Just as a matter of interest, 'who' paid too high a price and who is 'everyone' involved? :confused:

MARG said:
Just as a matter of interest, 'who' paid too high a price and who is 'everyone' involved? :confused:
I guess she meant Diana,Princess of Wales, Andrew Parker Bowles are at the top list who paid too high a price and she would have included Prince William,Prince Harry,Tom and Laura and the royal family are involved. Just again too many people believed that Camilla was the third party who destoried Charles and Diana's fairtale marriage and Charles was the person who broke Diana's heart and people's expectations.

Last edited:
love_cc said:
Just again Camilla was the third party who destoried Charles and Diana's fairtale marriage and Charles was the person who broke Diana's heart and people's expectations.

Ah! I understand. The 'Fairytaile Marriage'! That is exactly what it was....unreal.
When marriages go bad, as over half of marriages do, what is the use of hanging in there for the long haul. It is ugly and bitter and it traumatises all of the participants, not least the children. (Andrew and Sarah managed a civilised divorce whilst raising two beautifully normal girls).

Charles admitted to being unfaithful after his marriage had "irritrievably broken down". Diana admitted to her infidelities in both the Andrew Morton ghost written 'Diana - Her True Story' and on the Panorama interview.

If Diana's heart had truely been broken and her life destroyed, she would most certainly have spared Julia Carling the same public pain and humiliation. She didn't.

If Tom, Laura, William and Harry can accept life as it is and embrace it (all having turned out startlingly normal happy adults), then who are we to condone the use of them as clubs with which to beat Prince Charles and Camilla Duchess of Cornwell.

Even murderers get parolled! And it's way past time that people gave Prince Charles and Camilla a break.

They are a credit to Great Britain, a diplomatic asset and an affirmation to us common folk that there life after fifty.

Their marital joy is a pleasure to see. Long may it continue.:)

MARG said:
Ah! I understand. The 'Fairytaile Marriage'! That is exactly what it was....unreal..:)
I understand that. I always regard Prince Charles and Camilla are soulmates who are destinted to be together. I am always touched by the way Camilla loves Prince Charles. I always think Prince Charles and Diana had too much difference to make a marriage work.:) I think people do need to see the martial pleasure between Prince Charles and Camilla, and then they may find out why it is better to let the past rest and accept Camilla as Charles's wife.

love_cc said:
I understand that. I always regard Prince Charles and Camilla are soulmates who are destinted to be together. I am always touched by the way Camilla loves Prince Charles. I always think Prince Charles and Diana had too much difference to make a marriage work.:) I think people do need to see the martial pleasure between Prince Charles and Camilla, and then they may find out why it is better to let the past rest and accept Camilla as Charles's wife.

Sorry love_cc, I guess I am just a little twitchy, what with the latest 'legality of the marriage' garbage. :eek:

MARG said:
Sorry love_cc, I guess I am just a little twitchy, what with the latest 'legality of the marriage' garbage. :eek:

Not only you, trust me. Every time I read/hear "legality" word, I sigh and think/say "not again, PLEASE!" :eek: :)

Well said MARG

Thank goodness most people no longer 'stay together for the sake of the children', all that does is cause misery for everyone and is in itself so dishonest.

Charles and Camilla are a great credit to the UK and show there is life after divorce. They appear so happy together, a happiness I would wish for everyone. :)

Perhaps its time to get back to Charles' and Camilla's Current Events. ;)

ysbel
British forums moderator

Sorry ysbel. :eek:

But hey guys, what 'is' going on with C&C at the moment. We in the antipodes rely on you to tell us what is happening or we have nothing to converse about. :eek:

Is the Duchess of Cornwell still in public mourning? Will we see her at events any time soon? (My deepest condolences to Camilla. It is not easy to lose one's father at any age).

MARG said:
Sorry ysbel. :eek:

But hey guys, what 'is' going on with C&C at the moment. We in the antipodes rely on you to tell us what is happening or we have nothing to converse about. :eek:

Is the Duchess of Cornwell still in public mourning? Will we see her at events any time soon? (My deepest condolences to Camilla. It is not easy to lose one's father at any age).

Hi Marg

Check out the UK Monarchy website, it will give you a lot of information. Link as follows:- http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page1.asp.

Camilla did not attend The Trooping of the Colour, but has made an apppearance at the Garter Ceremony and Royal Ascot. Her hats were scrumptious!

Thank you joon112 and Skydragon for your suggestions. Needless to say I've been cruising and enjoying a couple of wonderful new (to me) sites! :) :) :)

Last edited:
According to the court circular, C+C hosted a dinner at BP for the POW foundation on Thursday. Has anyone seen pictures?

For Valour: the bravest of the brave gather to mark the 150th anniversary of the Victoria Cross

They are the bravest of the brave. Thirty holders of the Victoria Cross and George Cross, Britain's most prestigious gallantry awards, will gather tomorrow for what for many will be their last big reunion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/06/25/nvc25.xml

Charles to meet families of soldiers killed in Iraq

Prince of Wales to hear demands of bereaved relatives for British troops to be brought home

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/article1096230.ece

ysbel said:
Perhaps its time to get back to Charles' and Camilla's Current Events. ;)

ysbel
British forums moderator

Ysbel,

we have long thread of C&C but need moved new thread of C&C news and pictures its would be pages by 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom