The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
I didn't know that Princess Anne shed tears in public at anytime!! Well, she picked a good place to shed them!! My grandfather helped liberate Auschwitz at the end of WWII.
I think all the royals, including Anne, shed tears at the de-commissioning of Britannia, too.

Your grandfather had a really tough assignment there.

Old 08-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
I think all the royals, including Anne, shed tears at the de-commissioning of Britannia, too.

Your grandfather had a really tough assignment there.
Yes he did. He was also at DDay on the beaches of Normandy. He received the Fleur de Lys from the French Government.

Old 08-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Royal Highness

Very impressive!
Old 08-14-2005, 09:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
My grandfather helped liberate Auschwitz at the end of WWII.
My grandfather died there.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I just remembered. Didn't Bush announce that Camilla would not be welcome at the White House? Yes here it is.

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/n...name_page.html

Looks like he's backtracking. I thought his announcement at the time of the wedding was a little premature and overdone.
WHAT!! that is sooo stupid. He doesn't care if she is a divorcee. Englands friendship is very important to him. If it was true it would be all over the news here and that is the first time I heard that!

Old 08-15-2005, 12:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I am very sorry Elspeth.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
WHAT!! that is sooo stupid. He doesn't care if she is a divorcee. Englands friendship is very important to him. If it was true it would be all over the news here and that is the first time I heard that!
Not that I am a Charles and Camilla fan, but I can say the President of my country is an idiot!! He and the political right are trying to take over our country. He acts more aloof and snobby that Queen Mary in relation to divorce!!
Old 08-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMinka
Translation:

A Hat of English snitt (what means snitt?). Aren't that Camilla Parker-Bowles? But were is Prince Charles?
MALMÖ-JÄGERSRO. The hores come yesterday. On the years Swedish galoppderby(i cant translate the word galoppderby!) is that just the hats like wins. And this year it was really on the hats.
-I like horses. But a hat is much better, say Eva Dellien like come to Jägersro from Eldsberga yesterday.

I cant translate longer, i are so tierd, cant you Dennism, La_La, Josephine or Grand Duchess translate?
Sorry. I didn´t see this until now. The rest of the article is about the people who attended the race. And about the hats that the people wore to the derby. Basically, an Ascot type of article which is more about the fashions than the actual race(s). Also it mentions that a 9 year old won first price for the funniest hat.

Snitt is a pattern or a cut in the fashion sense. Galoppderby is just a horse race. The big derby in Sweden, I presume. At least in Skäne.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks for the translations, LaMinka and Dennism. I don't suppose many of the regulars here are conversant with Swedish.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
Not that I am a Charles and Camilla fan, but I can say the President of my country is an idiot!! He and the political right are trying to take over our country. He acts more aloof and snobby that Queen Mary in relation to divorce!!
Ah tiaraprin, he was prolly trying to curry favor with one special interest group or another. The Camilla ban was totally unrealistic, plus he's only going to be in the White House another couple of years and the next administration would likely invite C&C for another political ploy to show how open and accepting they are compared to Bush.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Elspeth, I am very sorry too. :(
Old 08-15-2005, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't hold much truth to this story. I can't imagine that President Bush would say that Camilla wasn't welcome at the White House. President Bush has done some "not-so-bright" things in the past but hopefully this is just a bad rumor. If the rumor is true, then he probably needs to be glad that he' s not up for re-election, there are plenty of divorcees that would take offense to this.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Courtier

tut tut tut Former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien, when in office, said to be nice with President Bush and not to use bad words. Well he almost forced us to do so. He didn't mention what those words would be but one of his aide lost her job after using the word «moron». President Bush made Mr Chretien look like a wise stateman.

Back to Charles and Camilla they should be welcomed everywhere. They probably have already paid for their sins.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:13 PM
Aristocracy

The story of her not be welcomed to the White House is rubbish. If he had a problem with divorced people, his own brother would not be welcome. I wonder who comes up with this garbage?
Old 08-15-2005, 02:15 PM
Courtier

If Bush didn't allow Camilla in the White House, we could witness a diplomatic scandal with the UK. ù
But I think this story is untrue. I can't remember, but it seems to me that the visit had been decided, if not announced, before the announcement of the wedding (after all, royal visits are planned well in advance), so plans about Camilla could have been made when she still was the mistress. I read somewere that unmarried couples are not allowed to share a room in the White House - I don't know if it's true.
Anyway, C&C are a married couple now, so she isn't a problem. (Sometimes I wonder if Charles had hurried the wedding in order to take Camilla with him in occasion of this American visit. Just my idea. ).
Old 08-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

why shouldnt bush allow camilla into the white house?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Gentry

there were some articles in the tabloids earlier this year (and before the wedding) that pointed out that President Bush will not welcome Camilla in the White House because she is a divorcee and the mistress of Charles. As ElisaR wrote, now that they are married there will be no reason to ban her ...
Old 08-15-2005, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

it would be silly if he did that. maybe he said so in a moment of anger (or maybe it's just a rumour), but i'm sure he will welcome her. not welcoming her would mean a big mistake in protocol. moreover, he is there to discuss political subjects and camilla's private life shouldn't concern him.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-15-2005, 05:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisaR
I read somewere that unmarried couples are not allowed to share a room in the White House - I don't know if it's true. ).
I don't know if this is true but that would make sense and would be in compliance to the religious tradition of the president (and many other christian religions). When in Rome, do like the romans.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:47 PM
Royal Highness

Maybe he's hoping to win over the support of all the "Diana people"?

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales