Catherine Middleton Current Events 1: November 2010-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I think it is because Kate needs to have one when she marries William, and her father had to have one first. Would someone who knows for sure please confirm?

Yes, that's my understanding, too. As the head of the family, it is obligatory for Michael Middleton to make the formal request for a coat of arms to be created. I don't know if it's strictly required for Kate to have her own arms beforehand or just a long-standing tradition.

:previous: I think it is because Kate needs to have one when she marries William, and her father had to have one first. Would someone who knows for sure please confirm?

I don't think it is a requirement to have one before she marries.
I read a while ago (somewhere on this forum I think) that Sophie did not get hers until after her wedding to Edward.

windsorgirl said:
Yes, that's my understanding, too. As the head of the family, it is obligatory for Michael Middleton to make the formal request for a coat of arms to be created. I don't know if it's strictly required for Kate to have her own arms beforehand or just a long-standing tradition.

Mr Middleton applied so the family can use it after Kate is married- kate's will combine with William and she did need it for marrying a Royal- James can use the Middletons also but Pippa can't use the shield one bc only men can.....pippa can use the one with the ribbon as it denotes an unmarried women

And Kate could have applied herself, anyone can but her father was the one who did so family could use it after marriage

I don't think it is a requirement to have one before she marries.
I read a while ago (somewhere on this forum I think) that Sophie did not get hers until after her wedding to Edward.

Actually, Sophie did have a coat of arms prior to the wedding that apparently was not recognized and was redesigned prior to her marriage to Edward.

-------------------------

Sophie Rhys-Jones has had her 200-year-old family coat of arms redesigned in time for her marriage to Prince Edward on 19 June. It was designed by Peter Gwynne-Jones, the head of the College of Arms, and is based on the family's previous coat - which according to one report was not officially recognised.

BBC News | UK | Sophie's new coat

Thank you for the responses on the Coat of Arms for Catherine. I guess I am still in the dark about why one was needed. What are they used for in this day and age? Is it a status symbol for the family?

It's part of the tradition .. like a lot of other things .. wearing a wedding ring or giving your sweetheart flowers on valentines day ;)

I don't think I have ever seen this picture: maybe she's calling William to tell him that he has to buy a new piece of luggage for their honeymoon because of her big shopping trip?

Last edited:
Thank you for the responses on the Coat of Arms for Catherine. I guess I am still in the dark about why one was needed. What are they used for in this day and age? Is it a status symbol for the family?
Doesn't post #423 explain it fairly easy to understand?

Awful!Never remember reading that somebody teated Diana in that way.
Well-done that excluded him as he could have been dangerous

Apparently this jerk also made some other very nasty bigoted comments on his FB page as well. Truly a stupid person!!!

From what I understand he wasn't fired for calling her a stuck up animal...it was the potential threat as well as the Anti Semitic remarks that got him removed from the wedding. Not fired...just not a part of wedding.

Don't be so sure, as doing this sort of thing does *not* put the Scots Guard in the best light. Nor do I think the Regiment wants this kind of a person serving the Regiment.

It wouldn't shock me to see this idiot lose his Commission when all is said and done. As he should.

is her monogram known yet?

No, but it'll probably be very similar to other monogram of the BRF. Basically the first name initial topped by a cornet (not a crown).

Interesting tidbit--when their engagement was first announced, they had an initial monogram combining both "W" and "C" with 'W' being on the top and C curling into W. Only after it was released did they notice that it spelled out "WC", which is British shorthand for toilet. :ROFLMAO: So they changed it so C would be on top. In both instances, there was a cornet on top. I couldn't find it now, but there's an interesting article about it at William and Catherine Change Monogram to Avoid Toilet Humour | BritishRoyalFamily.com

whats that in picture 4??

The caption of the photo says: "The future princess had a poster in the back of her car that contained romantic poetry."

Seems that on the back of the car there are some boxes.

^ i wonder what kind of boxes would have such an inscription....

Hey, this is probably the wrong part of the forum to ask this, but i've searched the forum for half an hour and couldn't find what i was looking for. (Feel free to move the post ;) )

I am looking for the video that was posted on this forum that had a few seconds of william and kate AFTER their engagement interview. In this few seconds kate is like falling back on the couch and says something like: So glad this is over.

I don't remember it right but i hope someone knows that i am talking about and can post the link of the video.

Thank you in advance!

cd_1 said:
^ i wonder what kind of boxes would have such an inscription....

It was a sheet of paper in a bag/box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom