The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 04:08 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Kate Middleton to be given counselling to avoid depression as King's wife | Mail Online

Kate Middleton is receiving ‘counselling’ sessions to prepare her for royal life and help her cope with a husband who must put crown and country before his wife, sources have told the Mail.

Prince William’s fiancee is also understood to be receiving lessons in etiquette and protocol in the complex and archaic workings of the Royal Family.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

^ I pity them already. I hope it all works out for the best for these two, I really do! Thanks for the article, Wbenson!

Old 11-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Courtier

^she asked for counselling herself....smart girl:)
Old 11-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
^she asked for counselling herself....smart girl:)
Aha, she seems to be.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo View Post
I can't see the skit!!! Is anyone else experiencing trouble due your area? Does anyone have a link??
here is

Saturday Night Live

I hope you can find there..
Old 11-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Courtier

Bishop sorry for 'offensive' royal wedding comments - National - Rutland Times
Old 11-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

He must have been drunk.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Courtier

Thank you karla64, but the NBC player is what doesn't let me see it, I was hoping you guys had a youtube link or something like that. I can't find it yet
Old 11-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Courtier

Hulu - Saturday Night Live: Visiting the Queen
Old 11-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
^ I pity them already. I hope it all works out for the best for these two, I really do! Thanks for the article, Wbenson!
I really hope that too. They both deserve happiness. She's been criticised a lot and for no reason : she was called ''waity Katie'', then Kate Middleclass, a bishop predicted that her marriage won't last (at least he apologised) she was even mocked on tv. People tend to be very mean. I like Middleton, she seems to be very intelligent and very hard-working.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's very hurtful to have someone say that your marriage isn't going to last. Esp a bishop. Poor Kate - so much criticism and she's yet to put a wrong foot forward.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
He must have been drunk.

Why? He has a right to an opinion and expressed that opinion. He is a republican and sees no reason to celebrate the wedding of strangers. He stated facts - the royals don't make good marriages with 3/4 of the Queen's children divorcing along with her sister - not a good success rate for those close to the throne is it?

I don't agree with his comments but he has a right to say them - and less than a week after people paid their respects to the men and women who fought and died to give him that right I find that I am reaching the point of believing that those men and women died in vain.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Why? He has a right to an opinion and expressed that opinion. He is a republican and sees no reason to celebrate the wedding of strangers. He stated facts - the royals don't make good marriages with 3/4 of the Queen's children divorcing along with her sister - not a good success rate for those close to the throne is it?

I don't agree with his comments but he has a right to say them - and less than a week after people paid their respects to the men and women who fought and died to give him that right I find that I am reaching the point of believing that those men and women died in vain.
Well yes he does have a right to his opinion, but in airing it in public, he has to live with the backlash of that opinion. He is a Bishop of the Church of England and is held to a higher standard than Jo Schmo on the street.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Well yes he does have a right to his opinion, but in airing it in public, he has to live with the backlash of that opinion. He is a Bishop of the Church of England and is held to a higher standard than Jo Schmo on the street.
Those were my thoughts too reading the opinion he aired.

I would presume that this man as a republican had his own views on what the royal family stands for and his own opinions about them and the way they conduct their lives... as a Jo Schmoe, there's a lot of those opinions anywhere that you look. As a Bishop of the Church of England, he made himself out to be quite a hypocrite. As a Christian bishop isn't he supposed to reflect Christian like behavior? I certainly would not want this man to be my mentor or adviser on spiritual matters at all.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:26 AM
Majesty

No one is held to higher standards at all. That is discrimination. Everyone has equal rights (except for royals of course). It doesn't matter whether he is a bishop or Joe Bloggs he has as much right to say what he thinks as anyone else.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:23 AM
Administrator

To me its not about his freedom of speech or his right to be a republican its just poor taste IMO. It also reminds me of a tried and true statement that we often overlook:

If you have nothing nice to say dont' say anything at all.

He definitely has a right to think that what he wants and express it.....about the length of the marriage or question the right of royalty. But why now? Why bring drama when there is no drama. I am sure he has a lot more important things to do in regards to his church members and society as a whole than deal with this press nightmare. I only hope he is just as vocal about helping out the less fortunate.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
No one is held to higher standards at all. That is discrimination. Everyone has equal rights (except for royals of course). It doesn't matter whether he is a bishop or Joe Bloggs he has as much right to say what he thinks as anyone else.
Oh I totally agree with you that he has the right to state his opinion as much as anyone of us do. What I was saying is that his opinion reflected on the persona that is his job.. as a bishop of the CoE.

This remark by him really irked me and I think its perhaps of a memory I have as a teen. A close relative of my parents was a RC priest. He'd be all holy and talking the talk.. but I remember seeing him the night before playing cards and drinking, smoking and cussing like a sailor and saying similar things that this bishop has. Actually it was with that reality I denounced the church. I'm just wondering what effect it would have on his congregation and folks that don't really know him personally that attend his congregation. I do realize very much that these men of god are very much men and these things happen. I just think that perhaps this one bishop went too far as state to the press his negative feelings.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
My favorite is opinions are like navels(substitute another part of anatomy that is in the back of the front if you wish).. we all have one. For the most part we keep ours private.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Kate Middleton leaving Westminster Abbey last Wednesday
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
Old 11-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
To me its not about his freedom of speech or his right to be a republican its just poor taste IMO. It also reminds me of a tried and true statement that we often overlook:

He definitely has a right to think that what he wants and express it.....about the length of the marriage or question the right of royalty. But why now? Why bring drama when there is no drama. I am sure he has a lot more important things to do in regards to his church members and society as a whole than deal with this press nightmare. I only hope he is just as vocal about helping out the less fortunate.
I agree.

What ever happened to 'congratulations and the best of luck to you both'?

Republican or no republican, placing odds on the longevity of some elses marriage before they are even married is pretty damn tasteless. To state it on a social networking site when in a position of public authority is incredibly crass.

Have an opinion, but expressing a little good faith wouldn't go astray.

But apparently he has apologised, so that's something at least.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Closed Thread