Catherine Middleton Current Events 1: November 2010-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, note how they included in their article about that lunch that Camilla also apparently sat with Diana prior to her marriage to Charles & advised her. DM had no real need to include that info except to stir it all up again & give some of their pro-Diana/anti-Camilla readers something to chew on. Best to just sort of ignore & move on.

Thats classic DM for you!!

If I'm not mistaken, Queen Victoria was the first "People's Princess." So, Kate might be the People's Princess, v. 3.0.

Last edited:
Princess Mary Adelaide was also known as The Peoples Princess. So Catherine's demoted to Version 4? ;)

Lady Ann said:
I am not sure if this story belongs in this thread feel free to move it.

Diane Clehane: Kate Middleton: The People's Princess 2.0?

I don't she will be any version.....

This constant comparasion to Diane makes me think of how Carolyn Kennedy was often compared to Jackie Kennedy when she first married JFK Jr....hope it will eventually die down as that did once it was clear that Carolyn was very much her own individual- of course you expect some but it doesn't need to be every article/fact

I don't she will be any version.....

This constant comparasion to Diane makes me think of how Carolyn Kennedy was often compared to Jackie Kennedy when she first married JFK Jr....hope it will eventually die down as that did once it was clear that Carolyn was very much her own individual- of course you expect some but it doesn't need to be every article/fact

Oh my gosh - that's true. Good comparison

Indeed, note how they included in their article about that lunch that Camilla also apparently sat with Diana prior to her marriage to Charles & advised her. DM had no real need to include that info except to stir it all up again & give some of their pro-Diana/anti-Camilla readers something to chew on. Best to just sort of ignore & move on.

Well, I spontaneously thought that maybe William thought: If only my mom had headed Camilla's advice.... And then Catherine thought that it's never useless to listen to the advice of people who were there....

I wish we could have seen a photo of Catherine dressed for the ballet.

Nice to see her going out with her future in-laws.:flowers:

I agree it is reassuring to see Catherine being accepted into the heart of the Wales family. It is also useful to note that this family is not as dysfunctional as some may suggest.

Perhaps PoW and DoC are filling up her social calendar to keep her out of "The Box" nightclub where all her cousins-to-be have been hanging out.

Perhaps PoW and DoC are filling up her social calendar to keep her out of "The Box" nightclub where all her cousins-to-be have been hanging out.

I was sure that was the motivation!!! :flowers:

MRSJ said:
Oh man, I hope this sheer dress doesn't actually become a trend

Oh man- weren't the pre-auction estimates something like 14,000?

I'm surprised by how much the dress sold for given that Kate's still a fiancee and not a member of the RF yet. I guess it shows how much her star has risen in the last few months.:flowers:

It looks like anything worn by Kate is sure to be a trendsetter. Just saw this listed and thought I'd post it. I'm really happy for designer that made this outfit for a college assignment. :D

Kate Middleton's Sheer Dress Sells For $125,890 At Auction

If not for twitter I don't think we would've ever know that they were there

Last edited:
Oh man, I hope this sheer dress doesn't actually become a trend
Since this is a very "Historic" piece worn in a St Andrews Charity Fundraiser in 2002 and the dedicated followers of fashion are snapping up any of the "Ready to Wear" outfits by Issa et al that Kate has been seen wearing circa 2010/2011, I don't think there is much danger of that! :lol:

^ aww that makes me relate to her!

Haha so I just read an article about the sheer dress auction and it said the buyer was an anynomous British male who thinks the dress is iconic .... And the first thing that popped into my head maybe it's Prince William! Lol..... It's obviously not but wouldn't that be sort of cute, he wanted the dress as a reminder of seeing his love for the first time.... Ok sorry just thought it was cute!

Ps... Bet the guy resells it in a few years after Kate produces an heir and makes a huge profit

I thought of the same thing. There is no reason why he could not have someone else purchase for him at auction. It would not be the first time a person has remained anonymous at an auction.

Haha so I just read an article about the sheer dress auction and it said the buyer was an anynomous British male who thinks the dress is iconic .... And the first thing that popped into my head maybe it's Prince William! Lol..... It's obviously not but wouldn't that be sort of cute, he wanted the dress as a reminder of seeing his love for the first time.... Ok sorry just thought it was cute!

That would be so sweet!

Could be him, you can bid by phone. I'm sure he has a phone!

About Catherine being bullied in school: what better way to show the "mean girls" up than growing up to marry the Prince of Wales and to take your place on the world-wide stage? It makes the wedding more of a Cinderella story than ever.

Bullying has probably touched most peoples' lives in some way or another, and it is awful. Kate strikes me as a fighter and quite resilient though. It's kind of exemplified by the adorable shot of 3 1/2 year old Kate "rock climbing" in the Lake District. Well done, Kate's parents!

Last edited:
About Catherine being bullied in school: what better way to show the "mean girls" up than growing up to marry the Prince of Wales and to take your place on the world-wide stage? It makes the wedding more of a Cinderella story than ever.

Bullying has probably touched most peoples' lives in some way or another, and it is awful. Kate strikes me as a fighter and quite resilient though. It's kind of exemplified by the adorable shot of 3 1/2 year old Kate "rock climbing" in the Lake District. Well done, Kate's parents!
Sorry,but with millionaire parents,she is not Cinderella at all!Just looking at her child and teen photos,we could see a happy child in a happy family!
Bullying is a problem that occurs with nearly every child at school in a way or another.Kate is a fighter ,she defended herself well,I suppose and she was not alone,she had many good friends.

Oh, I meant no disparagement to Kate, her family, her friends, or anyone else. I was fortunate to never have been bullied in school; however, a close friend of mine as adult was bullied unmercifully all through high school, and really took it's toll on her, long, long after.

I think Kate's parents are to be commended for pulling her out of the bully school. Other kids are told to just take it and/or find a way to cope. Maybe not so much now that awareness of the problem has risen. Kate and William's charity will help a lot!

As for the Cinderella comment, I only meant it in a light-hearted way, thinking in a romantic way, I guess, of the picked upon child growing up to be a star. I realize of course, that Kate had a more priviledged childhood than many children do. It doesn't seem to have gone to her head though.

Oh, I meant no disparagement to Kate, her family, her friends, or anyone else. I was fortunate to never have been bullied in school; however, a close friend of mine as adult was bullied unmercifully all through high school, and really took it's toll on her, long, long after.

I think Kate's parents are to be commended for pulling her out of the bully school. Other kids are told to just take it and/or find a way to cope. Maybe not so much now that awareness of the problem has risen. Kate and William's charity will help a lot!

As for the Cinderella comment, I only meant it in a light-hearted way, thinking in a romantic way, I guess, of the picked upon child growing up to be a star. I realize of course, that Kate had a more priviledged childhood than many children do. It doesn't seem to have gone to her head though.
Yes,the thing I like in Kate's character,that's she is not arrogant at all

I doubt she'd have lasted this long if she was arrogant -- methinks William would have parted ways with her long before it got to the "month before the wedding" stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom