Catherine Middleton Current Events 1: November 2010-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Welcome to the first solo

Catherine Middleton current events thread

beginning 16 November 2010

Last edited:
It is truely nice how Hello! explain to obvious. ;)

I just watched the skit on Hulu.com. It was actually quite funny.

Anne did a great job on the show period.

Lumutqueen i saw that too.And all i have to say about Hathaway is ''Ha ha,very funny''.Kate Middleton was anxious during their interview,so what? They JUST got engaged so having a little respect wouldn't harm anyone. Hathaway was ridiculous. Frankly,i always thought she's ugly as hell.She should really mind her own business (jailed boyfriend,etc)

They might have JUST got engaged, but they have been in the limelight for 4 years.
I don't know what Anne Hathaways looks have got to do with anything, plus Catherine and William's business, is now everyones business. She did a sketch about Katie Holmes as well. The fact that one of her exes is in jail, has what bearing on the fact she made a sketch about Catherine?

Lumutqueen i saw that too.And all i have to say about Hathaway is ''Ha ha,very funny''.Kate Middleton was anxious during their interview,so what? They JUST got engaged so having a little respect wouldn't harm anyone. Hathaway was ridiculous. Frankly,i always thought she's ugly as hell.She should really mind her own business (jailed boyfriend,etc)

You do know what satire is, right? That's what SNL does. They poke fun at celebrities/famous people and yes, that's who and what she is.

You're taking this entirely too seriously and slandering Anne Hathaway is just obscene.

^its in poor taste to call someone "ugly as hell".

It was all done in harmless fun. You really shouldn't take it seriously. I'm sure William and Kate would have no problem getting the joke. :flowers:

aww lol it was hilarious! The way they made fun of the queen and Philip lol. It was pretty harmless.

Nice to see the new thread.

^its in poor taste to call someone "ugly as hell".

Oh,I don’t know how this one slipped me! I guess when you constantly make fun of others you have to deal with criticism too.
I don’t find that funny or satirical : ''[FONT=&quot]A crass Prince Phillip, played by SNL regular Bill Hader, even advised Kate: 'When it comes to being a wife, when you're out there waving to a parade, you be Princess Di, you be Princess Grace. But in the bedroom think Fergie.''
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Whatever people,the entire scetch was a huge fail imo.
[/FONT]

Last edited:
^what Anne Hathaway did was in jest. What you said was a serious comment.

[FONT=&quot]Whatever people,the entire scetch was a huge fail imo.[/FONT]

If the sketch was to make people laugh or to watch it, then it's hardly a fail is it?
As it made people laugh, and people watched it.

If the sketch was to make people laugh or to watch it, then it's hardly a fail is it?
As it made people laugh, and people watched it.

I suppose it's not the kind of humor that Helen Anna appreciates, although I find the name-calling heavily inappropriate. And I know what SNL is famous for.

Last edited:
I can appreciate a difference in sense of humor, there's a lot of things I don't really find humorous that other people do.......but that doesn't mean I call someone "ugly as hell" and say they should mind their own business, when they're on a satirical TV show that's whole job is making fun of famous people.

Now if Anne went on Conan O'Brien's show or Jay Leno or something and did some really rude humor about someone....okay, that would be crossing a line. However this is what SNL does and has done for 35 years. This is rather tame in comparison to how they've skewered other, more famous people in the past, including American Presidents.

I can't see the skit!!! Is anyone else experiencing trouble due your area? Does anyone have a link??

Kate Middleton to be given counselling to avoid depression as King's wife | Mail Online

Kate Middleton is receiving ‘counselling’ sessions to prepare her for royal life and help her cope with a husband who must put crown and country before his wife, sources have told the Mail.

Prince William’s fiancee is also understood to be receiving lessons in etiquette and protocol in the complex and archaic workings of the Royal Family.

^ I pity them already.:cool: I hope it all works out for the best for these two, I really do! Thanks for the article, Wbenson! :flowers:

^she asked for counselling herself....smart girl:)

Last edited:
Thank you karla64, but the NBC player is what doesn't let me see it, I was hoping you guys had a youtube link or something like that. I can't find it yet

^ I pity them already.:cool: I hope it all works out for the best for these two, I really do! Thanks for the article, Wbenson! :flowers:

I really hope that too. They both deserve happiness. She's been criticised a lot and for no reason : she was called ''waity Katie'', then Kate Middleclass, a bishop predicted that her marriage won't last (at least he apologised) she was even mocked on tv. People tend to be very mean. I like Middleton, she seems to be very intelligent and very hard-working.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom