Catherine Middleton Current Events 1: November 2010-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad that Kate, Camilla and all had the chance to get together and relax and have lunch. I can imagine as the wedding day gets closer and closer Kate is getting the feeling of "so much to do and so little time left" and if it was me, be one huge ball of nerves. Camilla seems to have the ability of putting folks at ease and being very down to earth and perhaps is a good steadying factor for Kate right now. Of all the royals, I think perhaps Camilla will be the one that Kate will most likely be able to identify with and feel as if she's got a friend in her corner.

If you ask me, Kate could do without wisdom from Camilla.

That answers my question about the restaurant.

Does anyone like Ms. Middleton's hair highlights? I think it looks strange that there only highlights in the lower strands of her hair. I loved her outfit.

BTW it does help the BRF PR for family women togetherness with this lunch date. The Duchess got a wonderful article that gfg02 submitted in a post before this one.:flowers:
I was noticing her highlights too. They really stood out in a way that they did not at the engagement.

Sorry but if there is anyone in the BRF who understands the pressure and weight of joining the "firm", its Camilla. I couldn't think of anyone to give better advice. I still find it funny how strangers still pass judgment even though its obvious Camilla gets on well with Diana's children and Kate. Obviously she is not the crazy wicked lady some still like to believe....

I was surprised at first, to read the author's parallel between Kate's weight loss, "coquettish glance at the cameras" and "of course, the ring" and Diana. I had thought of Kate as having much more self-confidence than Diana did early on. But, maybe she is feeling the pressure already. (Or, of course, the author is reading something into things that isn't there.)

I think, though that Camilla probably is the best person to advise Kate--she's seen it all for decades before Diana ever came on the scene, during, and afterwards.

No disrespect meant towards the memory of the late Princess of Wales, but Camilla is savvy in a way that Diana couldn't be and is managing to fit in with the Royal family better as well.

Edited to change "in" to "it".

Coquettish glances at the cameras? I've not seen Kate do much of that at all. If anything, she either ignores them or says a quick "hello" as she walks by. She certainly doesn't flirt with them the way Diana did, and she doesn't deliberately look at them.

I was surprised at first, to read the author's parallel between Kate's weight loss, "coquettish glance at the cameras" and "of course, the ring" and Diana. I had thought of Kate as having much more self-confidence than Diana did early on.

Coquettish glances at the cameras? I've not seen Kate do much of that at all. If anything, she either ignores them or says a quick "hello" as she walks by. She certainly doesn't flirt with them the way Diana did, and she doesn't deliberately look at them.

I had a feeling that was the case.

well, it will be a big difference here, this is a marry of love while Charles and Diana was an arrange marriage for this he felt eclipse by Dianae fame and didn't like her popularity , I think in this case William would not bother with that like in the other Royals familiees in Europe that the commoner now CPs are so famous and the husband are happy with that!

I think this was a very well written article by Amanda Platell in the DM. It is really for Catherine to decide where all she builds links and seeks support within the BRF, but I am sure Camilla will be a useful pillar of support.

It has been mentioned previously, but I think that one of the reasons that I think that the Camilla / Catherine relationship can work is that they are both not competing for William's attention, nor is there the element of the mother losing control over her son when the wife comes along. Camilla is not William's mother, and I guess she is reasonably conscience of that in her dealings with W & H.

Last edited:
Princejohnny25 said:
Sorry but if there is anyone in the BRF who understands the pressure and weight of joining the "firm", its Camilla. I couldn't think of anyone to give better advice. I still find it funny how strangers still pass judgment even though its obvious Camilla gets on well with Diana's children and Kate. Obviously she is not the crazy wicked lady some still like to believe....

Well you have your opinion, and I of course have mine. I'm not passing judgement on Camilla, I don't condemn her, and contrary to what you believe I don't think she's the wicked witch, but I do have an opinion about her. Diana's kids love her...then that's great, but my opinion still hasn't changed.

Why not?

Camilla understands the pressure on marrying a future King - something no one else in the family understands besides Philip. She understands the problems that can arise in that relationship from both within the relationship and outside the relationship and so can advise Kate on how to win her prince, keep her prince and survive the pressure cooker of public opinion. No one else can give her that advice and Camilla has only been doing it for 6 years so is the most recent in that position to advise Kate. She is the perfect one to advise Kate if you ask me.

well, it will be a big difference here, this is a marry of love while Charles and Diana was an arrange marriage for this he felt eclipse by Dianae fame and didn't like her popularity , I think in this case William would not bother with that like in the other Royals familiees in Europe that the commoner now CPs are so famous and the husband are happy with that!

I always love it when people say that Charles and Diana's was an arranged marriage. I disagree.

They were pressured into announcing the engagement but it wasn't an arranged marriage. Both could have backed out - and Diana and Charles both reportedly wanted to in the week leading up to the wedding but were talked out of it, not with comments like - we have arranged this marriage so you will marry her but 'your pictures are on the teatowels' from Diana's sisters (pathetic reasoning of course but shows the attitude of the Spencers - and the Middletons are accused of social climbing) and 'it is just nerves' from Charles' parents.

Why not?

Camilla understands the pressure on marrying a future King - something no one else in the family understands besides Philip. She understands the problems that can arise in that relationship from both within the relationship and outside the relationship and so can advise Kate on how to win her prince, keep her prince and survive the pressure cooker of public opinion. No one else can give her that advice and Camilla has only been doing it for 6 years so is the most recent in that position to advise Kate. She is the perfect one to advise Kate if you ask me.

I really have to agree with you here on this. Camilla and Kate do seem to have a lot in common too. They've both kept discreet low profiles for long extended periods of time, they've both seen first hand before going into marriage the pressures and obligations their respective princes faces as a royal and they both (to me anyways) seem more of the down to earth, supportive wife and consort type rather than the glamorous jet-setting, fashionista, city lights type of people. Both of these women are comfortable in their own skin and are more interested in supporting their husbands than gaining their own public opinions. We've all seen how Camilla has graciously adapted to her role as the Duchess of Cornwall and I'm sure she has learned a few things on her path that she could most definitely pass on to Kate.

Let's get back on topic...Catherine's Current Events.

There is no need to rehash Charles/Diana marriage or discuss Charles/Camilla's marriage.

This hit the US press this morning
She confirmed at the showing of her new collection at New York Fashion Week this morning that she was sending a selection of dresses to Catherine Middleton.

"Apparently, she likes my clothes and has asked to see a selection. It will be from my current spring/summer collection," Mrs Beckham said.
From The Telegraph (sorry don't have direct link pulled it off another forum) but here's a similar article from ETOnline
Victoria Beckham Sends Outfits to Kate Middleton

I don't know where to put this, but I just read the most recent Hello! which has Kate and Camilla on the cover. Inside, the article discusses their lunch and Camilla's desire to welcome Kate into the family. Both women are said to be very fond of each other and have seen a lot of each other recently. The article is very complimentary of Camilla and stresses her desire for a happy extended family. It stated that Camilla has reached out to Kate's parents to include them. She called after the engagement to offer congratulations and had Kate's mom to Clarence House for lunch before Christmas. The article notes the similarities between Kate's mom and Camilla - both very family oriented people with close relationships with their children. Supposedly, Camilla intended the lunch to be a girly affair intent on making Kate feel included and to give everyone a chance to share wedding tips (not royal life), considering Laura was only married 5 years ago. Allegedly, William, who has a good relationship with his step-mother, is encouraging of the relationship.

Last edited:
why isn't there a picture of either Laura or Pippa from that lunch? has anyone seen their pictures?

:previous: Because "they" are not the story. Catherine lunching with the "enemy" is! :whistling:

why isn't there a picture of either Laura or Pippa from that lunch? has anyone seen their pictures?

Did I miss something? What lunch did they attend?

Apart from that, HELLO is pure sugar. While I believe that the relation between Camilla and Kate is very friendly, I dont believe the relation to the whole Middleton family goes beyond the usual contact between in-law parents.

^you dont know of the lunch Camilla, kate, laura and Pippa attended a few days back(i think last week)

ah, ok, didnt know these two attended, thanks.

It wasn't Pippa with them, but a friend of Kate's. According to a waiter, Camilla and Laura sat next to each other and opposite Kate and her friend. Two protection officers sat at a nearby table.

:previous: Because "they" are not the story. Catherine lunching with the "enemy" is! :whistling:

When did we go back to Camillia being the enemy??? I really hope that was not the point the magazines were trying to make.:ermm:

When did we go back to Camillia being the enemy??? I really hope that was not the point the magazines were trying to make.:ermm:

DM have it in for Camilla. I think that's what MARG means.

DM have it in for Camilla. I think that's what MARG means.

Why, just to sell papers? I think the problem is Kate really gives nothing away and they have to have something to print. Such a shame I was never a Camillia fan but she seems to have come into her own in the Royal family and I kinda like her now. I hate that the papers try to feed off the three ring circus that was. just saying.

The DM are and have been for a while, pro Diana. They like making Camilla the wicked witch, and that still sells papers. Mentioning Laura and Pippa doesn't sell papers, mentioning Camilla teaching Catherine about being a good princess is going to get an impact.

The DM are and have been for a while, pro Diana. They like making Camilla the wicked witch, and that still sells papers. Mentioning Laura and Pippa doesn't sell papers, mentioning Camilla teaching Catherine about being a good princess is going to get an impact.

Indeed, note how they included in their article about that lunch that Camilla also apparently sat with Diana prior to her marriage to Charles & advised her. DM had no real need to include that info except to stir it all up again & give some of their pro-Diana/anti-Camilla readers something to chew on. Best to just sort of ignore & move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom