Catherine Middleton Current Events 1: November 2010-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad Camilla and Catherine had lunch together. It will be important for them to develop a relationship and get on with each other, as they deal with "the men in grey suits".

As to choice of venue for the lunch, I can't see why they can't eat out at a nice restaurant every now and then. Whether there was some embedded message in it or not, it seems everybody had a nice time - and that included the attendees of the lunch and the journalists writing about it!

I think the lunch had many purposes,they got to have a probably very nice lunch at a swish restuarant (which was perhaps chosen because Camilla's son is friends with the owner/chef there I think I read), they get to discuss whatever it is they discussed, they get to "show" the media/world that they get on & that Kate is being welcomed in etc but without putting it right in people's faces & knocking them out with an over the top PR display etc.

Plus I always dislike this notion that famous people or public figures suddenly are expected to never venture out except for work purposes & if they do go anywhere & are almost inevitably photographed then it simply MUST be some scheme to be photographed & a set up etc. Sometimes people just want to go out somewhere nice & the fact photographers etc may be around shouldn't deter them from that if you ask me. Like when Kate's mum & sister were photographed shopping a few weeks back, you can't really expect them to go into hiding & never go out in public anywhere for the next 6 months & beyond can you? I mean they should be able to have a life of their own without everything always having some hidden meaning behind it.

Camilla and Kate Middleton discuss the royal wedding over lunch at Berkley Hotel | Mail Online

This gives me further reason for me to believe that Camilla's grandchildren will be part of the wedding procession. I hope at least Laura's daughter will be, she is cute as a button! Plus, Id love to see the twins.

I wouldn't hold my breath about Camilla's grandchildren being part of the wedding.

Kate looks terrible, her hair is dirty and is out of control at that length, what was she thinking about the eye makeup and that outfit is far worse than anything Mabel has worn. I know the English have a tad different sense of style than Americans (I lived and worked there for six years), but how can she think that looks good?

Makes me fear her choice of wedding gown.

Kate looks terrible, her hair is dirty and is out of control at that length, what was she thinking about the eye makeup and that outfit is far worse than anything Mabel has worn. I know the English have a tad different sense of style than Americans (I lived and worked there for six years), but how can she think that looks good?

Makes me fear her choice of wedding gown.

You must have seen different photos than the rest of us? Dirty hair? Out of Control? The outfit?

You must have seen different photos than the rest of us? Dirty hair? Out of Control? The outfit?

I think it's meant that Catherine's hair may come across as looking kind of greasy and prone to split ends at this length.

I thought the outfit was fine, nothing great or anything but pretty much exactly what you see on countless girls/women these days...well at least where I live anyway, & that is outskirts of London so maybe it's a British/London thing *shrug*

I think too much emphasis is being placed on whatever she's wearing anyway. If she wears something she's worn before, everyone has a go, if she wore something new everytime, everyone would have a go saying she's wasteful & extravagent in these economic times blah blah blah. It's a perfectly fine outfit for where she was & what she was doing, not like she turned up in jogging bottoms or just rolled out of bed or something. So long as she's vaguely appropriately dressed & looks relatively ok then I don't really care what she wears to be honest, most of the time she looks fine in my opinion so no complaints from me. :D

My question about this lunch meeting is why was it done in public? Why not at St. James or Clarence with more privacy?

Why should they hide away when they just want to have anice lunch out?

Out of control, umm how so? It's long, so what?
Dirty how?
That is a massive statement to make about her outfit, Mabel has worn much worse IMO.
Looking good, is different in everyones eyes, obviously you don't think she looks good, but most of us do.

Something that bothers me is the comments.

"Camilla, of course, knows all about advising princesses in waiting". What a load of tosh. She knows about no such thing. Her specialty was luring a princess's husband away when she had one of her own.

Such a shame Diana isn't around to have a chat with her. She would have been brilliant and they would both have been laughing and happy. Oh well!

For goodness sake DON'T TRUST HER, she's a devil in sheep's clothing for sure, the way she took Diana under her wing only to betray her, keep her at a distance for your own safety!!!

Camilla bashing goes on and on. I don't want to make this thread about Camilla and the triangle, but Camilla has proved she is a wonderful Princess and companion to Charles. She will provide excellent advice for Kate, and I'm glad to see them bonding. :)

What I will never understand is why certain people join a MB simply to trash the subjects/interest of that MB.

I'd say I'm surprised about the comment up above, but I've learned not to be. Sad too.

I agree kate doesn't look as put together as usual, her hair looks a bit untidy/ greasy, but maybe she took it easy on the blow dry because it was just a lunch with family/ family to be?
Her clothes look fine, just the size of her thigh looks tiny to me in one picture.

I think it's just great that Camilla and Kate and Pippa and Laura went out to lunch together at a swish restaurant and had fun. It sends a few rather obvious messages, and I suspect that was partly the reason for the gathering, but that's just fine in my book. I think it's great that the members of this blended family get on well. It's handy that Tom is in the food business and has contacts like this.

What I will never understand is why certain people join a MB simply to trash the subjects/interest of that MB.

I'd say I'm surprised about the comment up above, but I've learned not to be. Sad too.

The comments were on the DM website not here of course and the article was written by Diana confidante, Richard Kay.

Lunch: it was not Pippa it was a kate's friend (related in the Telegraph today)

faux pas

Kate Middleton's foie gras lunch with Camilla: What would Charles say? | Mail Online

‘It is unbecoming for the future Queen of England to eat something that would be illegal to produce here, and that involves very un-British cruelty.

Read more: Kate Middleton's foie gras lunch with Camilla: What would Charles say? | Mail Online

Not a very clever, sensitive thing to order for lunch, but at least she is honest, she wanted to eat it and choose to eat it in public. Makes me wonder though if she has what it takes for her new role.

Question: Are Kate's highlights new since the engagement or is it just the outdoor lighting that makes them more noticeable?

i think her hair has been colored differently from the last photos we saw of her at that wedding.

I don't see any highlights?

Me neither, her hair looks same as it always has to me anyway.

And yeah I don't care about the foie gras, if it's available on the menu, you can't eat whatever you want in my book!

It's a terrible jungle-like outfit and way too much eyeliner.
She looks like she's playing a part in The Lion King.

You're going to determine how fit she is as a Queen on her choice of food?

I don't see any highlights?

If she's not going to have a cook, she needs to learn how to make "fox grass" or maybe not if they just get take away all the time.

Before the engagement, her hair was "flat" colorwise. Now it has very, very subtle highlights, which I like on her.

Kate Middleton's foie gras lunch with Camilla: What would Charles say? | Mail Online

‘It is unbecoming for the future Queen of England to eat something that would be illegal to produce here, and that involves very un-British cruelty.

Read more: Kate Middleton's foie gras lunch with Camilla: What would Charles say? | Mail Online

Not a very clever, sensitive thing to order for lunch, but at least she is honest, she wanted to eat it and choose to eat it in public. Makes me wonder though if she has what it takes for her new role.

True......but it makes me wonder if she undertsands that every tiny thing she does now will be viewed through this narrow lense....nto that she needs to change but just maybe consider that....I wonder if she really understands the pressure she signed on for....ah, the love of William probably makes it worth it :valentine1::king:

--------------------------------------------
Your first statement makes me ask: If it is illegal to produce fois gras in Britian, why on earth is the suff allowed to be IMPORTED into the country. I think it is shameful that would-be British producers are in chains, but the Continental products are welcome.

Your second statement makes me ponder: Perhaps Kate is NOT sensitive at all.

If she's not going to have a cook, she needs to learn how to make "fox grass" or maybe not if they just get take away all the time.

Before the engagement, her hair was "flat" colorwise. Now it has very, very subtle highlights, which I like on her.

If she's not going to cook, someone will cook for her. :)

But, but, but...they said they weren't having servants...:innocent:

She doesn't need to learn how to cook foie gras, she just needs to know a restaurant which does it :p

She doesn't need to learn how to cook foie gras, she just needs to know a restaurant which does it :p

Perhaps getting foie gras at the restaurant was a perk of eating out. Many love to go out and get lobster, escargot and other gourmet foods that they would normally never cook at home. William and Kate do seem to do their own cooking and I really don't think they'll starve or eat meager meals either. Like all young brides I'm sure that she thinks her William is a greek god and will offer him burnt offerings from time to time like we all do/did. Everyone has horror stories about meals they've cooked. :D

What I am struck by is the fact that their waiter saw fit to tattle to "someone" about what they ordered. IMO, this restaurant, which is supposed to be so very classy needs to train it's waiters to keep mum about the customers they serve.

If it were me, that would be the last time I would see fit to set my feet inside the place. It's ridiculous that people (anyone) cannot eat what they want without being criticized. In one article, Catherine was criticized about her hair, her dress, her jacket, her tights, her clutch bag and of course her makeup ..... ALL by the same person!

Is it any wonder that she has been "quiet"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom