The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Catherine joined William, and the rest of the RF family for the Queen’s pre-Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace.

Photo

Old 12-16-2010, 05:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I hope we get a better picture.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Heir Apparent

This kind of pic is very frustrating...let's hope there are others coming soon !
Old 12-16-2010, 08:31 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
This kind of pic is very frustrating...let's hope there are others coming soon !
I think with the Queen's lunch for her extended family being a family gathering much like the rest of world does for holidays and private, there aren't going to be many chances to get better pictures. Arriving and departing in cars is about as good as its gonna get.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Any and all pictures & discussion regarding Kate's appearance at the luncheon, can be found http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-12331-26.html

Old 12-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Nobility

Zimbio

Kate Middleton arrives back home after spending Christmas Day with her family out.

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 12-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Courtier

shes in a different car than her parents? is that her bodyguard driving?
Old 12-25-2010, 06:38 PM
Aristocracy

Her parents are also in the car
Old 12-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Courtier

i think her father is in the passenger seat, and some other man is driving (her brother?) and then isee her in the back seat with her sister and mother (i think)...why does tat car have an iron guard( behind kate's head)? what car is it?
Old 12-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Aristocracy

They probably have a trained lifeguard driving in case something would happen. The iron guard in the car is not so strange. My uncle used to have one of those to keep his dog from walking all around in the car, so it could be the same for the Middleton's
Old 12-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Serene Highness

"It may be Kate's last Christmas with her family"

That sounds harsh!
I think that as long as William it's the heir to the heir, there is still a possibility that they spend Christmas with the Middleton's.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Aristocracy

And Daily Mail also wrote that Duchess Camilla would only be with the royal family one day, the other days she'd spend with her family. That article was just a week or so ago
Old 12-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfc149 View Post
Zimbio

Kate Middleton arrives back home after spending Christmas Day with her family out.
Please someone tell me that I am wrong! She isn't wearing a seatbelt! Is she mad? Stupid or think she is fireproof? Please tell me I am worng!
Old 12-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I can see a seatbelt on picture # 5 ..idk if it's on her though...
Old 12-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Aristocracy

Looks like her sister in #5...
Old 12-25-2010, 10:13 PM
Heir Apparent

is it? I was thinking she looked a bit off...

Better view here:
Kate Middleton raises a smile...despite spending Christmas without her William as his RAF duty calls | Mail Online
Old 12-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Please someone tell me that I am wrong! She isn't wearing a seatbelt! Is she mad? Stupid or think she is fireproof? Please tell me I am worng!
She could very well be wearing a lap belt, from the photos it would appear her location in the vehicle is indeed one that might have a lap belt rather then a shoulder belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoLynn View Post
Looks like her sister in #5...
I think you're right. The jackets don't match at all from what Kate seems to be wearing in the other photos.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:06 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

I think that Kate isn't in the car with her parents because in this photo we can see her parents and her sister in other car.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:21 AM
Courtier

yeah i think shes with her bodyguards in a separate car, and the other 4 members of her family are in the Range Rover...i think her parents own a Range rover...
Old 12-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Majesty

She looks too close to the seatbelt that's hanging beside her to be in the middle and why would she sit in the most uncomfortable seat in the middle for no reason?

It's all rather irrelevant anyway. A brief perusal of the photos of limos arriving and leaving the Christmas luncheon last week showed dramatically that those that use seatbelts are in the minority. The photo of Catherine, William and Harry showed it all too clearly.