Catherine Middleton Current Events 1: November 2010-April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A quote from the article-The stylish 28-year-old was spotted scouring the sales racks at Peter Jones, the Chelsea branch of John Lewis.

A saleswoman said: "Kate's been a PJ customer for years and she's told us that she'll continue to come here when she's married to William."

If Kate really said this, to me, it shows she may be a bit out of touch with what her royal role will be....but maybe I don't understand royal roles, but I didn't think they could just walk around shoppping anywhere? Excuse me if I say this wrong but I thought that had to be less "common" then that....

She can still go shopping. As long as her security officers are nearby.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion she will find that while she enjoys shopping there, it may not always be for all her events. (after she is married) Her every day wear can come from where ever she likes.

Stores such as Harrods or Harvey Nichols have private suites for VIPs who wish to shop without being observed - after all, most of the garments will end up as "business suits" :)

Why not? Mette Marit was just spotted at Zara in Asia.

...If Kate really said this, to me, it shows she may be a bit out of touch with what her royal role will be....but maybe I don't understand royal roles, but I didn't think they could just walk around shoppping anywhere? Excuse me if I say this wrong but I thought that had to be less "common" then that....
Did you know that the Queen of Denmark travels to London every year to do her Christmas shopping?

She can still go shopping, even Crown Princess' go shopping.

I think she can still go shopping, she has to be dressed (properly if possible) to perform whatever duties she might have to perform and her clothes will have to be sourced somewhere so a store she has known and with clothes she likes seems appropriate.
About her stating she would keep shopping there, that was said by a saleswoman, my first impression was that was a great way to get free publicity for the store. As in, come to where the new princess shops.

She will still go shopping. Diana did. What she won't be doing is shopping for off the rake clothes to wear to a state dinner or overseas tours but fine for wearing around the home when no one will see her or more dressy for day wear on engagements, whenever she does them.

A lot of royals go shopping, male and female alike. Kate isn't going to spend the rest of her life staring out of windows when she's not doing a function/engagement. She won't have a normal life, or at least what normal is to you and I, but she won't be a prisoner in a cage, either.

Sister Morphine said:
A lot of royals go shopping, male and female alike. Kate isn't going to spend the rest of her life staring out of windows when she's not doing a function/engagement. She won't have a normal life, or at least what normal is to you and I, but she won't be a prisoner in a cage, either.

I realize she is not trapped but I doubt she'll have a ton of time or reason to shop Top Street, if for no other reason they her large clothing budget :) But who knows...

Kate Middleton's nearest and dearest - Telegraph

This Sunday marks Kate Middleton’s last birthday of her twenties and, most significantly, her last as a commoner. This time next year she will enter her fourth decade as the wife of the heir to the throne and Union flags will be flown on Government buildings on January 9th. But, of course, of all the changes about to be thrust upon the young bride, these are the very least.

Kate Middleton's nearest and dearest - Telegraph

This Sunday marks Kate Middleton’s last birthday of her twenties and, most significantly, her last as a commoner. This time next year she will enter her fourth decade as the wife of the heir to the throne and Union flags will be flown on Government buildings on January 9th. But, of course, of all the changes about to be thrust upon the young bride, these are the very least.

Fourth decade? That would make her 40 next year. What is wrong with these writers?

It can be confusing, but the moment you are born constitutes your first decade. Although I just had my 63rd birthday, I am actually in my 64th year. They got it right.

Kate included in prayers yesterday.

She's still a commoner, but Kate Middleton was yesterday granted the first public acknowledgement of her future role as a princess. She was, I can disclose, mentioned in prayers for the first time at a church service. It came during an Epiphany service at the Chapel Royal at St James’s Palace...

Last edited:
0-9 first decade, 10-19 second, 20-29 third...so yes fourth decade.

0-9 first decade, 10-19 second, 20-29 third...so yes fourth decade.

Yes - the day she turns 30 she will be starting her 4th decade, which will end the day she turns 40 as then she will start her 5th decade.

I though would have said it as 0 - 10 as the first decade making it clearer that the 1st decade ends on the day of the 10th birthday, which is then the start of the 2nd decade. The first year ends on the 1st birthday.

It is this reason that so many people got the date of the turn of the millenium wrong and tried to end it in 1999 (making the 20th century a century of 99 years) but that counting only started in the mid-late 90s.

Last edited:
If anyone read it, forget what I just said. I need a sheet of paper and a pencil.

Last edited:
:previous: Have we reached a new low in Kate stories?

You would think. Like I have said in another thread, now we are writing William and Kate stories just to write stories. No substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom