The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
:
Why do they create a rivality between Diana and Kate? Kate isn't better than Diana, I even doubt she's trying to be better than her. It must be difficult for Kate to hear all those compareasons... Newspapers have to be sold, so they publish all that can interest readers!
Because rivalry sells.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:40 PM
Aristocracy

Well if I were Kate, I'd never read anything that was written about me, good or bad. Maybe I'd have to have someone go through the paper & take out the pages with me on them but one way or another there is no way I'd read it. Asking for trouble either way, either you'd get a big head from the praise or get depressed, angry, upset, frustrated at all the negative thigns (especially if it was something that had been misinterpretted or wrongly reported etc).

But then I think the RF are now experts in dealing with all sorts of press, the good & the bad, & I think they'll probably be able to teach her the best ways of dealing with it & hopefully ignoring it & how to just get on with your life, position & job.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate
New article from Daily Mail:
Kate Middleton is the Top Trump in a Royal Wedding game of cards | Mail Online
Why do they create a rivality between Diana and Kate? Kate isn't better than Diana, I even doubt she's trying to be better than her. It must be difficult for Kate to hear all those compareasons... Newspapers have to be sold, so they publish all that can interest readers!
Because ANYTHING Diana still sells-

And Im sorry but the dogs have a higher VIP rating then the MOB - that's actually hilarious!!!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 12:52 AM
Aristocracy

Video Interview with royal photographer Arthur Edwards with his thoughts on Kate and the Royal Wedding....
Arthur Edwards: Kate is so like Princess Diana | The Sun |News|Royal Wedding
Old 03-31-2011, 01:05 AM
Serene Highness

That was such a nice interview, thanks for bringing it over. He seems like a very nice man. For once the comments about Diana were appropriate and not something just tagged on for effect.

I'm looking forward to seeing his pictures.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:28 AM
Nobility

Kate is George Washington's cousin!!!

Kate 'George Washington's cousin' - World News, Breaking News - Independent.ie
Old 03-31-2011, 03:32 AM
Courtier

ROYALTY MAGAZINE IS BACK

KATE'S ON THE FRONT COVER WITH VARIOUS ARTICLES!

What's in the latest issue
Old 04-01-2011, 01:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh lord here we go...
Doing a bit of forward planning, Kate? Princess-in-waiting eyes up baby clothes | Mail Online
Old 04-01-2011, 01:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Wow, that's a bit bold, even for April Fool's Day!
Old 04-01-2011, 01:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I know right I was like now THAT'S a good joke!^ I wouldn't have ever thought of pulling that one.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:31 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
Wow, that's a bit bold, even for April Fool's Day!
My thoughts exactly - how could they let the double pose in that way when the "original" is such a well-bred and dignified lady? Shame on the Mail!
Old 04-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post

This would have been a better prank if they found someone who looked more like her than this woman does. Anyone who's seen one photo of Kate would know that's not her.

Shame on you for being lazy, DM. Put more effort into it next year. Maybe then the real Kate will be looking for baby clothes.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Nobility

ah, i thought there was something weird about that Daily Mail article! For a start Kate didn't look like Kate - and i couldn't believe she'd let herself be photographed at her hen night, especially with photos like that... and then i saw the date of the article! All is explained!
Old 04-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Administrator

I realize that we are all excited to share information on Catherine but if we can stop double posting (i.e. posting the same information in a variety of different threads) that would be GREATLY appreciated.

One time is fine

Zonk

Old 04-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Nobility

If you look closely at her arms, Kate's are not full..Im being polite here..the doubles face is rather full..
Old 04-03-2011, 02:51 AM
Courtier

When I read the article, first I thought it was Kate. Even if I was surprised that paparazzis succeeded in being so close to her! Then I saw the second picture, and I realised it wasn't Kate's face. And what I saw after was... Eurk!! Why a pic if her with a cigarette?? With a glass of alcohol??? And on the toilets???? So stupid!!!

However, I have never seen the first pic, here: Kate Middleton quit her first public school Downe House because she was 'bullied' | Mail Online

Then, here, there are speculations about Kate's wedding dress. The designer could be Alice Temperley, because Carole and Pippa Middleton spent three hours with the designer: How Royal bridesmaid Pippa Middleton kissed goodbye to all the secrecy over her dress designer | Mail Online Why this could mean that Kate choose Temperley? Pippa may be the one who will be dressed by the designer, and Carole could have come to give her advice! I don't know why this could have been for Kate, she wasn't there to explain what she expects from her dress... That's only my mind!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Royal Highness

British Royal Wedding Blogs - Yahoo! Shine

Isn't sick!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Yes,it seems someway crazy.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Courtier

Beautiful People has published its top ten of royal women. Kate is third, just before Diana: Beautiful And Ugly Royals.
Here we go, the competition still goes on!! It's so absurd to entertain a rivality between these two women who, if Diana would have been still alive, would have certainly been very close...
I remember that when Diana was still alive she was very criticized by medias. Now they adore her and start criticizing Kate. Why couldn't they leave her alone? They are never pleased with what they have, and they are always looking for more money by inventing this rivality!
Old 04-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

How very insulting to several members of the Royal Family. That magazine/or whatever it is should be ashamed. I should have known not to click on the link.

Closed Thread