The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 01:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
Sounds like there's an extended reception, with the more élite, later reception at BP, to which David is not invited (he just gets the regular reception? And no wedding...I think).

I keep hearing that the entire day (and day before) have various parties - and the main reception is in the mid-afternoon, right?
There is the huge wedding with guest list in the thousands. Then there is the afternoon reception, with hundreds of guests put on by the queen, which it seems he is invited to. And then a much smaller dance later that night hosted by the father of the groom.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:10 AM
Serene Highness

Wow. The total amount of money to be spent making sure every diplomat or princess has to pay parking...would be more than gained by the effort.

We fought for a long time for employees at our institution to be allowed free parking (only seems fair, since we have to do the work) and to be given designated parking spots. Some people deserve free parking - because it ends up being so beneficial to the socium. If I can't get to work then all the people who are waiting for me to show up aren't benefitted.

Shopkeepers often have their own spots - for good reason. The Crown seems just as important to the ongoing business of the UK, but I could be wrong.

Where I live, the police overlook the parking violations of even the most minor shopkeepers, politicians and all their kin - it's been that way since the town began.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:42 AM
Majesty

I agree with your points. Royal security is about finding the most direct, safest route somewhere. As someone on another board suggested, the protection officer might have told Kate that he'd take care the ticket without actually telling her how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Kate is not everyone else anymore. If she is provided security protection they make the decisions as to where she parks and how she gets in to the store...The whole point with security is to limit the exposure to the surroundings and unplanned actions.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Kate is not everyone else anymore. If she is provided security protection they make the decisions as to where she parks and how she gets in to the store. If the royal family is exempt from parking fees then the protection officer did the right thing, if not, then the parking attendant did not do his/her job.

The whole point with security is to limit the exposure to the surroundings and unplanned actions. Whether the parking fee got paid is not any of Kate's problem anymore. If someone does not like it, then re-think the whole issue of a royal house. I doubt even PM Cameron worries about parking fees anymore either. That is just the system.
My thoughts exactly. There is a larger security picture for royals and diplomats that transcends beyond the "we all have to be equal" common talk. Other royals have parked in illegal places over the years and it's never been a legal issue. They may have been told to move, but rarely ever fined. I think Kate and her bodyguards (who are there to protect safety and reputation) know exactly what they're doing.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyals View Post
My thoughts exactly. There is a larger security picture for royals and diplomats that transcends beyond the "we all have to be equal" common talk. Other royals have parked in illegal places over the years and it's never been a legal issue. They may have been told to move, but rarely ever fined. I think Kate and her bodyguards (who are there to protect safety and reputation) know exactly what they're doing.
Or not. They could just not want her personal information floating around the system. If she is excused from paying fines then the ticket writer sure didn't know that and I would hope they would be the first. As for the security aspect I would suspect that the main car with the bodyguards in it might want to park close to the store in case something happened and she had to be taken out quite quickly but it was her car that was close.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

My Goodness, I had no idea they are so jealous for Catherine!
Jealosy stalks Kate 'Barbie' Middleton - The Independent
Old 03-23-2011, 04:02 AM
Majesty

What can I say . . . . . . . in the immortal words of my dear old Dad . . . Bullswool!!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 04:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyals View Post
I agree completely. It's common sense.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
This is a joke. Literally. All of their articles are a joke (on purpose).
Old 03-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Majesty

Talbot Church is a satirist. He/she/they write spoofs.

Quote:
Old 03-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:

What hogwash... where do they come up with this stuff ....
Old 03-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Talbot Church is a satirist. He/she/they write spoofs.
You mean the stuff about PCharles and the tibetan Monks isn't true, dang? My first clue should have been about Catherine and the year of the cockeral - I don't think there is a year of the cockeral, or is that British speak for rooster?
I read that Miss Middleton's parents were also with their daughter and Charles and Camilla in the royal box @ the ballet a few days ago - interesting if true.
Regarding the parking - reality is that Catherine can't make a step in any public venue these days w/out swarms of photographers, I expect. Even if she was expected to pay the parking, that task would be relegated to one of the protection officers rather than having her dawdle on the public street while feeding the meter (assuming that that is how it is done in London.) Their goal is to whisk her off the public street ASAP - I expect the parking space had been cleared/reserved prior to her arrival by arrangement, as it was conveniently in front of the store - so if anyone is to be faulted for failure to pay it is the protection officers, IMO.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Courtier

I found this artical it was very sweet...good read..I will post it in CP Mary thread as well..

Princess Mary of Denmark] [ Kate Middleton] | The Sun |News|Royal Wedding
Old 03-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Courtier

Nice article, but isn't that last picture of Princess Marie?
Old 03-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
Nice article, but isn't that last picture of Princess Marie?
Nope, the last picture wearing 'casual' clothes is Mary when she wasn't a Princess.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann
I found this artical it was very sweet...good read..I will post it in CP Mary thread as well..

Princess Mary of Denmark] [ Kate Middleton] | The Sun |News|Royal Wedding
Well, that's massively flattering to Mary. If Kate was anything like Mary I would have stopped following her years ago. Thank goodness she isn't. At this point she has way more in common with Princess Marie. Kate, if for some bizarre reason you decide to befriend a Danish royal, call Marie.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post
Well, that's massively flattering to Mary. If Kate was anything like Mary I would have stopped following her years ago. Thank goodness she isn't. At this point she has way more in common with Princess Marie. Kate, if for some bizarre reason you decide to befriend a Danish royal, call Marie.
I say the total opposite. Catherine and Mary would make good friends IMO. They are similar, and Catherine could do worse than to follow the excellent example that Mary has set. Marie is nothing like either Catherine (who is proving herself to be a worthy future Princess) in my personal opinion. What does she have in common with Marie?
Old 03-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Administrator

We don't need into go into that.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Nope, the last picture wearing 'casual' clothes is Mary when she wasn't a Princess.
She really looks different, but I see it now.
Thanks.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:47 AM
Courtier

New article from Daily Mail:
Kate Middleton is the Top Trump in a Royal Wedding game of cards | Mail Online
Why do they create a rivality between Diana and Kate? Kate isn't better than Diana, I even doubt she's trying to be better than her. It must be difficult for Kate to hear all those compareasons... Newspapers have to be sold, so they publish all that can interest readers!

Closed Thread